Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think pets can "feel" love, guilt, fear, anger. Can pets hate? Do they carry grudges? Do they plot to harm their "enemies"?

I think pets can "feel" love, guilt, fear, anger. Can pets hate? Do they carry grudges? Do they plot to harm their "enemies"?

Can pets lie or conspire or collude? Do they celebrate "family"? How does anyone get inside a pet's brain to figure out what they are thinking?

Posted - October 23, 2018

Responses

Have ever seen an animal that has been abused? They can become mean and dangerous. 
    Animals work together all the time to get a job done...so yes they can certainly plan and collude.
      October 23, 2018 6:29 AM MDT

I've seen the ads on TV m2c and I cannot look at the screen. Their eyes are so sad. Some of them seem to shake. I have not seen any of them appear to be mean or dangerous. Now out in the wild if you shoot an animal I can imagine it would not be happy with you and would attack you. I've never seen an abused pet who was mean or dangerous. That doesn't mean they don't exist. I lead a sheltered life. I know our Tigger was a stray who adopted us. He was very scrawny when he came to us. I don't know what kind of life he led before he found us but I do know once he attached to us he led a very good life. We loved him to pieces. We adored him. We will always miss him terribly.  Animals and children depend on humans so when such humans do harm to them I think there should be a special place in HE** to house them for eternity. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday!  :)
      October 27, 2018 2:51 AM MDT

I think it depends on the intelligence, cats appear to be more independent than dogs but they do still like to know where their bread is buttered. Where as dogs are far more loyal, they are often dependent on their owners for food so will often tolerate far more abuse, and usually the dysfunctional behaviour will be displayed on another from the mistreatment. However, once away from the situation and with the right animal behaviourist they are often rehomed with families and never look back.  Animals are far better at moving on than humans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrohZS18wNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu_rLIq7-5o
      October 26, 2018 4:34 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply and the links kj! :)
      October 27, 2018 2:52 AM MDT