Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » In addition to financial considerations, social status and convenience why do people who lie to and cheat on each other stay together?

In addition to financial considerations, social status and convenience why do people who lie to and cheat on each other stay together?

It's called a marriage. It's just another fraud. Of course there are open marriages where both of them lie to and cheat on one another and know all about it. Maybe they share intimate details of their affairs with their spouses. A great role model for their children and maybe they let their kids know all about it too. Still. It's not what I would call a marriage. It's a business proposition isn't it? Is that what a marriage is to you? Could you live a happy life within that framework?

Posted - October 23, 2018

Responses

Perhaps they stay together because they like each other and enjoy each other's company.  Or because they are best friends.  There are as many different kinds of marriages as there are married couples. 
      October 23, 2018 6:58 AM MDT

I don't know the answer to this Rosie, since I assume that one should marry because they love the person and they are their best friend.  Marriage is a good foundation for having a family, marriage in the bible was born out of the story of Eve being taken from Adams side, and so in marriage the two are joined as ONE flesh as they were before God divided them which I find quite poetic. This post was edited by kjames at October 27, 2018 5:19 AM MDT
      October 26, 2018 4:15 PM MDT

The idea of marriage is undoubtedly positive and uplifting and a good thing. But the execution of it? Leaves a lot to be desired. There is nothing wrong with two people growing apart. It happens and it's really no one's fault. You develop different goals and interests over time. But there is never any excuse for lying to and cheating on (which is BETRAYAL) a mate. NONE. You separate FIRST and then you play around. You don't keep doing it and pretending you have a good marriage and that you love your mate. That is such bullsh**! It is disrespectful in the extreme and you cannot possibly love anyone whom you disrespect. Afraid of being alone but too promiscuous and wanton to be faithful. How many fit that description perfectly? SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful reply kj! :)
      October 27, 2018 5:23 AM MDT