Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Have you changed as you've aged? For the better? Are you more eager to do battle with others each day or less?. Why?

Have you changed as you've aged? For the better? Are you more eager to do battle with others each day or less?. Why?

Do you go out of your way to find things to argue about?

Posted - October 24, 2018

Responses

That's correct.  My point is that, rather than get into an argument with someone whom you know has a vehemently differing opinion, it's just as easy to move along to another question.
      October 26, 2018 10:04 PM MDT

Yes, we all have the option to decide when we want to engage with others.  No one is automatically right or wrong because he or she engages, no more than is anyone automatically right or wrong because he or she does not engage.

October 26, 2018 10:06 PM MDT

Exactly my point.  
      October 26, 2018 10:19 PM MDT

Now...to answer your question, of course I have changed. I can no longer do many of the things I used to do physically, but my mind stays sharp from coming here. I have never been a warrior against someone else. As Officegirl said, I have only, and continue to battle with life.
      October 25, 2018 7:07 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Ele and Happy Thursday.
      October 25, 2018 7:15 AM MDT

• Not eager to do battle with ANYONE!  That implies a warlike attitude,not healthy in my opinion.  As far as how I have changed or not through the years,  I still hate getting up early:)  But I have learned how to take hard hits of life and still get up on my feet standing proud!
      October 25, 2018 9:39 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Cinders and Happy Friday! Some folks show up weaponized ready for battle. You are not among them. That's a good thing.
      October 26, 2018 1:44 AM MDT

Aren't you?
      October 26, 2018 9:53 PM MDT

• Yes I have changed for the better. I listen now and try to understand the other guy.
    Used to be a rebel without a csuse, now I have a cause but Id rather stay home than to rebel.
      October 26, 2018 3:33 AM MDT

That is T-rrific Utopian! But do you ever listen to the other guy who spouts only anger and hatred and berates all you hold dear? Not conducive to any kind of conversation long-term. For me not even short-term. I have zero patience for listening to that. Glad you "used to be" a rebel. You didn't have a cause then but you do now? Of course that makes me very curious about what it might be but if you wanted me to know you would have told me. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday!  :)
      October 26, 2018 8:27 AM MDT

Exactly to whom do you refer as "the other guy"?  Just two weeks ago you bragged on here about how much you absolutely hate Donald Trump, and for two years you've been posting hate-filled speech against him and hos followers on a daily basis, you resort to childish name-calling and petty insults, you freely express your anger for practically every word he says or writes, you berate others who do not think like you do on that subject.  What is or is not conducive to any kind of conversation is important to you?  That's news.

October 26, 2018 10:00 PM MDT

I'm still an argumentative sonuvab***h (ENTP, "The Debater") but I'm slowing down some.
      October 26, 2018 4:32 AM MDT

I know the feeling, but I think in my case is that I'm just learning to pick my battles. :)
      October 26, 2018 8:22 AM MDT

:):):)
      October 26, 2018 8:32 AM MDT

Can I take exception to your use of the word "argumentative" Sbf? That has not been my experience with you. We may disagree but honestly did we ever argue? You put forth your thoughts and I counter with mine and they're either kinda in the same ball park or not. I dunno. Just the thought that occurred to me as I read your reply. I think of "argumentative" as being hostile and belligerent and using invective and shouting and yelling and interrupting. Kinda like Kickapoo Joy Juice (aka Kavanaugh) did during his confirmation. NOW THAT WAS ARGUMENTATIVE! Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 26, 2018 8:31 AM MDT

I can't stand arguing, it just makes me feel bad, you can say something but you can't control the other's response, best just to laugh and let it go, life's too short for ill will. I try to stick to the facts when I'm answering so there isn't any offense to be taken, I can't get offended at a fact or someone calling me names because I've stated a fact, that would be ludicrous and a waste of energy and time.  I'll answer a question and try to move on unless I believe the reply which may present as personal and nasty is just a misunderstanding. But once I've established the line of thought, I let it go, no one wins by having the last word it can dilute your point.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one." This post was edited by kjames at October 26, 2018 4:00 PM MDT
      October 26, 2018 3:57 PM MDT

Denigrating someone who posts content on an open public forum is the work of censorship.  If the argument is that I shouldn't post if I disagree or dislike, then why doesn't that also apply to the objectionable content in the first place?  I'll tell you why: because the same freedom of speech and the rights of expression extend to all, not just to input that one person likes and another dislikes.
      October 26, 2018 10:02 PM MDT