Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So the United States terrorist-in-chief sez "I AM A NATIONALIST". Does that make America a NATIONALISTIC COUNTRY? Are YOU a NATIONALIST TOO?

So the United States terrorist-in-chief sez "I AM A NATIONALIST". Does that make America a NATIONALISTIC COUNTRY? Are YOU a NATIONALIST TOO?

Great company you've chosen if you are. Wonderful folks like Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Vlad Putin, Duterte of the Philippines, that Saudi Arabia butcher Crown Prince. Were they all to get together to celebrate NATIONALISM what kind of entertainment would be featured? Dismembering those who criticize them?. Eviscerating vilifying those who despise them?

Posted - October 26, 2018

Responses

You know Sharon I keep trying to find the silver lining among all the clouds since dippidy doo was installed by foreign spies as prez. I keep looking for one good thing that we can learn from the reign of super don/dippidy doo. All I can come up with is that now we know how many Americans are trumpicans. Racist bigots who depend upon and spend their time focusing on fear and hate. Great knowing that right? Not so much. Frankly it creeps me out bigly. Millions of them cheering for violence and chanting LOCK HER UP to the terrorist-in-chief...the most corrupt criminal traitor ever to wear the bogus title of prez. Is it really good to know that? If so why does it depress the he** outta me? But maybe now that we know what they are we can figure a way to out-dirty trick them. We don't need to outsmart them. They are not the brightest lights you know. Any worshippers of  super don/dippidy doo isn't playing with a full deck of cards. So "we'll see what happens". Did you catch his somber sober oh-so-fake scripted speech about how we need to stop the violence and the hate? He had priorly refused to take any responsibility for the pipe bomb fans actions. Then after the Jewish Synagogue slaughter of  12 people(I think it was 12) he sanctimoniously spoke about how bigotry is wrong. What a pile of sh ** he is. Then he goes out on the campaign trail and spews his venom again and again and again. He tweets vile crap in the early hours of the morning. When does he sleep? He doesn't. I bet he takes uppers and the reason for his insanity is that he doesn't sleep. He doesn't rest. He is always "ON". Like an evil pink bunny that keeps on ticking until he explodes? SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :).
      October 28, 2018 2:53 AM MDT

Nationalist: a person who advocates political independence for a country.

America's Founders were all nationalists.
    The majority of the world's population are nationalists.
    It would be extremely hypocritical of any politician to NOT be a nationalist. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at October 29, 2018 5:08 PM MDT
      October 26, 2018 12:38 PM MDT

The Founding Fathers were all rich white racists Walt. Slaves were 3/5 of a person.  A woman could not own property or vote. You surely do not expect me to think that is wonderful do you? Why do you think we have had all the amendments to the Constitution? Because it was written by rich white men who owned slaves. A fact not just my opinion. Many super don supporters would love to go back to that. Even some of the women!  Such women I will never figger out. But then I don't have to fortunately. Thank you for your reply Walt. Are you a strict Constitutionalist? The original or the amended? This post was edited by RosieG at October 30, 2018 9:08 PM MDT
      October 27, 2018 6:27 AM MDT

You have no clue what 3/5 meant, do you?  It had NOTHING to do with their value as humans, and EVERYTHING to do with the CENSUS.  This REDUCED the power of the slave states.  Of course slavery was wrong.  It's been wrong since it started thousands of years ago and remains wrong today.

I 100% support the Constitution as written and Amended.  There was a process in place to make the needed improvements over time.  We were able to end the evil of slavery and the injustices of women being denied the vote.

Do you really think though that the country would have been founded if they tried to fix all the wrongs of the day at one time?

As far as being a Nationalist, I want to put America's interests first. This post was edited by BR_8093 at October 29, 2018 2:58 PM MDT
      October 29, 2018 5:59 AM MDT

It actually made the slave states stronger.
    If slaves were not people, they would not be counted in a census at all ... reducing the population of slave states, and reducing the number of Representatives.
      October 29, 2018 7:58 AM MDT

How would reducing the political power of slave states through counting them as 3/5 for census purposes (vs counting them fully as the slave states wanted to do) make them stronger?
      October 29, 2018 7:36 PM MDT

The northern states did not want to count slaves for the census, because they were property (not persons).
    For the north to agree to count them as full people, the south would not have been able to keep the slaves.
    Thus, by the compromise, the southern states gained power.

Think of slaves as the south did.
    They weren't people ... they were the same as cattle.
    So the south basically (in their mind) gained the count of beasts into their census figures.
      October 30, 2018 7:08 AM MDT

But they lost power from what they wanted.
      October 30, 2018 8:51 PM MDT

I guess it's how you look at it.
    To the south ... they lost power.
    To the north ... they gained power.
      October 31, 2018 7:19 AM MDT

:):):)
      October 29, 2018 12:46 PM MDT

3/5 of a person was the closest they could get to ending slavery, at the time.
    Sure, they could have outlawed slavery immediately ... but would not have had the support of the states that relied on a slave economy ... and so been too weak to stand against the British.
    It was not so much a matter of racism, as much as political expediency.

An interesting group of anti-slavery activists, the Garrisonians ... named after William Lloyd Garrison ... refused to participate at all in the American government, because they saw the Constitution as pro-slavery.  They actually endorsed a NORTHERN SECESSION as a solution to the problem.  (which would have prevented southern slave owners crossing the "free state" borders to recapture their slaves)

I don't know if I am a "strict" Constitutionalist.
    But I believe it is the foundation of our government, and if it is ignored by that government ... than ANY law, regulation, mandate, etc from the government may be ignored by The People.
    I also believe the Constitution has a pretty clear process for amending it, so new "Rights" do not have to be "interpreted" into it.
    It also is pretty clear on what specific powers the federal government has, so any powers the government takes beyond that invalidate both the government and Constitution. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at October 29, 2018 5:07 PM MDT
      October 29, 2018 7:57 AM MDT

Thank you for an EXTREMELY HELPFUL USEFUL THOUGHTFUL AND INFORMATIVE reply Walt! I really appreciate that you took the time to educate me about things I knew nothing about. That was super duper on the part of the Garrisons don'tcha think even if it didn't make any difference? I think it's good to stand up and speak up whether it will make a difference or not. I'm gonna ask. Thanks again m'dear.Seriously and sioncerely! :)
      October 29, 2018 8:11 AM MDT

Excellent point, Walt. Anyone who studies the composition and adoption of Declaration of Independence knows that Jefferson wrote anti-slavery language in the draft that was presented to the Continental Congress, but the southern colonies threatened to vote it down unless such language was removed. John Adams basically predicted the Civil War as he warned that the issue would become a problem in the future, but Dr. Benjamin Franklin advised Jefferson to assent, to secure the necessary unanimous vote for "independency" then and worry about slavery later.
      October 29, 2018 12:54 PM MDT