Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Among your family members, circle of friends, neighbors, co-workers, associates, classmates, even strangers, with whom are you comfortable

Among your family members, circle of friends, neighbors, co-workers, associates, classmates, even strangers, with whom are you comfortable

and with whom are you NOT comfortable discussing your voting choices? ~

Posted - October 31, 2018

Responses

• I voted for Gary Johnson for President, and Ted Cruz for U.S. Senate.  Who did you vote for?  Oh, don't squirm now!
      October 31, 2018 6:06 AM MDT

Thank you for your answer, W!

~
      October 31, 2018 6:39 AM MDT

My sister. She will argue about anyone I vote for or any issues I voted for or against.
      October 31, 2018 6:56 AM MDT

We only discuss it with family.  We live in a very liberal-leaning town where though our choices however are pretty much known there is sort of an unspoken agreement to agree to disagree and that we will not air our differences. 
      October 31, 2018 6:59 AM MDT

(You can't use both "though" and "however" in the same phrase when referring to the same exception.  It's both repetitive and redundant.)
      October 31, 2018 7:09 AM MDT

That is just me - repetitive and redundant!
      October 31, 2018 7:27 AM MDT

with noone
      October 31, 2018 10:45 AM MDT

I'm comfortable speaking about politics with the people I actually talk to. 
      October 31, 2018 4:52 PM MDT

I'm comfortable discussing my voting choices with certain family members but uncomfortable discussing them with almost everyone else mainly because of the negatively charged atmosphere that has descended upon the political scene. :)
      October 31, 2018 5:38 PM MDT

Only two of my children, No one else. I stay out of the political insanity that is now the collective consciousness in certain circles.
      October 31, 2018 6:09 PM MDT

Only my family and close friends. I keep it out of the office.
      October 31, 2018 6:11 PM MDT

None of them and the only person I am comfortable with lives in Wales, UK.
      October 31, 2018 6:14 PM MDT

My coworkers are family and yes I am comfortable talking politics with them.
      October 31, 2018 6:39 PM MDT

I'm pretty comfortable talking about it with my family members and real-life friends.  I don't have any co-workers and I don't know my neighbors but Hillary Clinton only got 27.4% of the vote in my county.  I'm surprised it was that high so I'm kind of curious who the Hillary Clinton voters were.  I suspect some of them were probably my teachers from high school.  I don't talk to my former classmates a whole lot or see them so I don't talk politics or anything else with them.  I also don't ever remember talking about politics with complete strangers.
      November 1, 2018 2:30 PM MDT

Yes and no.  It depends.  My mom and dad are a trip.  One is Republican and one is Democrat and they both are very loyal voters.  I think it's kind of funny.
    I do if it isn't a hot topic.  If it is, I stay out of it.  I need to really feel comfortable with the issue at hand and be able to back it up before I open my mouth.
    It's really a quick way to loose friends and make family members ticked off.
    I'll talk about sex way before I'll talk about politics. 
      November 2, 2018 12:18 AM MDT

• My closest cousin and her hubby are koolaid drinking Republicans.  Early in 2016 we got into a disagreement on Trump.  In order to keep our relationship sweet, I told her and her husband I refuse to discuss politics with them ever again.  They understood and for the most part they have kept that agreement.  Only once when my English boyfriend was visiting did a conversation he was having with cousin's husband cross the line:(  I warned them both I was going to leave if they did not cease and desist!  lol
      November 2, 2018 10:07 AM MDT