Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Randy D
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » So, it's Halloween at the moment. So, what's this movie? ;) ;)

So, it's Halloween at the moment. So, what's this movie? ;) ;)

Posted - October 31, 2018

Responses

Birds, The
      October 31, 2018 8:42 PM MDT

I thought of "The Birds," too, when I was watching this scene in the movie. But it's not "The Birds." To me, this scene would have been worthy of being in "The Birds," though.
    :)

Now I want to watch "The Birds," again!

I've been to Bodega and Bodega Bay in California where Hitchcock filmed "The Birds." On my visit to California I also visited San Francisco, Los Angeles, and various appealing places and the myriad of sights those areas provide. But my favorite part of that whole visit still remains my visit to Bodega and Bodega Bay.

October 31, 2018 8:51 PM MDT

Then what the hell is the movie??
      October 31, 2018 8:54 PM MDT

Ha!

Sorry it took a bit to get back here -- had to go to kitchen.

"Damien: OmenII."

As I think about it again, and many specific scenes come back to my mind, I realize this movie is even better than I remember. (Even though many youtubers in their comments share how funny they think this scene is with the woman and raven. The scene frightens me, though.)

Image result for damien omen II

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 1, 2018 11:56 PM MDT
      October 31, 2018 9:10 PM MDT

I never saw it or number 1.
      November 1, 2018 7:36 AM MDT

I like both quite a bit. They're even worth a look simply for Jerry Goldmith's music score to both.
      November 1, 2018 8:08 AM MDT

I'm looking through older questions again and your comment here made me smile again.
    Thanks!
      June 4, 2019 8:01 PM MDT

• OMG!  There's another one of those "Omen" movies.  I love those films.  Such happy, warm-fuzzy, feel good flicks.  LOL!

"From the eternal sea he rises,
    creating armies on either shore. 
    Turning man against his brother...
    Till man exists no more."
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 2, 2018 12:00 AM MDT
      October 31, 2018 11:04 PM MDT

Ha!

I like them, too!
      November 1, 2018 8:09 AM MDT

No it isn't!
      November 1, 2018 8:30 AM MDT

Ha!
    Darn, you're right!

November 1, 2018 9:14 AM MDT

:):):)
      November 1, 2018 9:55 AM MDT

have no idea
      November 1, 2018 10:58 AM MDT

"Damien: Omen II"
      November 1, 2018 7:58 PM MDT

I just saw The Birds" and "Psycho" for the first time yesterday!  They were doing an Alfred Hitchcock special on TV.  They were good.  Psycho was scary because of the mere thought of mental insanity and The Birds because if that were ever to happen, we'd be doomed.  It's a good thing they haven't started a conspiracy against us!
    I think if they just would have let the love birds out of the cage, the other birds would have been happier and left them alone. :) :)
      November 2, 2018 12:00 AM MDT

- Those two are two favorite movies of mine.
    As a junior-high aged guy, I somehow (I don't remember how), heard some bits of Bernard Herrmann's music score to "Psycho." Then I saw the movie. Scared but I loved it. And the music. Later some time,I remember making an audio tape of the entire movie, jus so I could hear the music whenever I wanted. (Yeah, I know -- I could have bought a recording of the score. But it was fun to sit and simply listen to the entire movie anyway.) to this day, of movies I've seen, I find this the best original score to any movie.

And, yeah, 'Mitch's" (Rod Taylor) little sister (a young Veronica Cartwright -- my favorite actress actually) says just about that at the end of the movie.
    PLOT SPOILER!! "THE BIRDS"!!!
    Something about "Can we take the love birds with us? They haven't done anything."

Oh, here are some of my favorite lines of any movie I've seen!
    PLOT SPOILER!!! "PSYCHO"!!!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 2, 2018 10:38 PM MDT
      November 2, 2018 9:07 PM MDT

YeeAAAA!  I've felt like a fool all these years for never seeing these two movies.  Back in the day, the cinematography on these was, HUGE, I'm sure.  But, even now, it's not really to scenes that give you the creeps.  It is the concepts behind the movie that stays with you.  I know I 'm a Wuss and always have been.... This is why I had to wait until I was 51 years old before I even thought of looking at them. 
    Alfred Hitchcock is notorious for have scary, spooky movies.  I truly believe it is the stories he concocts  that brings out the heebie-jeebies in every one.  
    What a bizarre childhood he must have had.  Talk about an overly weird imagination.  I don't think of things like this at all.
    I try to avoid it. :)
    With Psycho, I could see me being like the lady and trusting, feeling sorry for him, inviting him in, etc.  That was the part that creeped me out.  He was kind of cute in a boyish and soft spoken sort of way, too.  I would have been a sitting duck. 
    My mom said, for years, The Birds was the scariest movie she has ever seen.  She probably would say that to this day. :) :)
    Again, the concept.  I didn't correlate the love birds in that way but now that you mention it, You are right!!  
    For a while I thought it was the mother who was making the birds go hay-wire.  Hmmmm.  
    Thanks for being Welby, Welby!   You are tons of fun and knowledgeable in movies and music.  Have you ever thought about going into being a movie credit professionally?  It would be a great way to get paid to watch movies!  What a great job that would be!! Lots of hugs and loves! :):)

November 2, 2018 10:50 PM MDT

Hi Merlin!
    I didn't really mean to suggest that I put any deep meaning to Mitch's little sister's saying the love birds hadn't done anything and could they take them along with them.
    To me, what I like about the movie is that the story doesn't give any reason for why all the birds are going crazy. I think it makes the movie better to leave the potential causes all up in the air (no pun untended, ha!) But Mitch's and Kathy's (I think that's the sister's name?) mom is certainly an interesting person.

I would have fallen for Norman Bates hook, line and sinker most likely. Ha!

I don't see myself as that knowledgeable about movies and music -- I just enjoy it all.
      November 3, 2018 8:15 AM MDT

The birds.

Starring Tippi Hedrin.

Melanie Griffith's mom.

November 2, 2018 10:52 PM MDT

I like Tippi Hedren in "The Birds."
    But this movie is "Damien:Omen II."

This scene in "Damien:OmenII" is scary to me. The scene goes on for more than this gif shows. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 11, 2018 9:20 PM MST
      November 3, 2018 8:20 AM MDT

Hi Sharonna~  I didn't know that!  Wowww!  She is very pretty in "The Birds."  Melanie Griffith is very pretty, too.  I can see it runs in the family. :) :)
      November 3, 2018 11:41 AM MDT