Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How bad is your pain right now? Will you be able to sleep?

How bad is your pain right now? Will you be able to sleep?

Posted - November 2, 2018

Responses

I know it is a blessing that I live with no pain.  
      November 2, 2018 10:20 PM MDT

Let me tell you about pain.

I don't have it.

I cannot tolerate pain.  I am not a baby.  Nothing like that.  I just refuse to endure it if at all possible.

I am healthy.  I was blessed with good genes that way.  So, I am very compassionate and understand bad health.  That is why I am in the healing business.  I will do anything I can to ease someone's pain if I can.

But....I will take anything before I will endure a bad headache, or stomach ache.  I will never put up with agony if I can possibly alleviate it.

I'm not one of those people that work until their knees give out because they stand on concrete all day, or someone who will go deaf next to a jackhammer.

NOPE.  My body has got to last and it has to last pain- free if possible.
      November 2, 2018 11:14 PM MDT

I am still up...
      November 3, 2018 12:57 AM MDT

Really bad.  
      November 3, 2018 12:22 AM MDT

• I have to keep rolling over to hang my hands off the edge of the bed and toward the floor.
      November 3, 2018 8:37 AM MDT

Why?

November 3, 2018 12:16 PM MDT

Exactly what I was going to ask him!  I don't get it either.  
      November 3, 2018 11:18 PM MDT

• Because my hands go numb and start throbbing when I am lying down.
      November 5, 2018 4:14 AM MST

Prob want to have a heart doctor check that out. They put my husband on a beta blocker for that. If not heart, it is likely carpal tunnel. There are wrist braces thst help you keep from pinching the nerve. 
      November 5, 2018 4:29 AM MST

• I do wear the wrist braces, as well as on my elbows.  They help, but not as much anymore.  I can barely bend my left index finger.  You'd think I'd run right out to a heart doctor, with all this great health coverage and all. -__-
      November 5, 2018 4:37 AM MST

See a heart and an ortho.  Get over not wanting surgery.  Orthopaedic medicine improves quality of life by fixing you......................... not by drugging you.  You go, they tell you what they can do, and you decide. They really are like car mechanics.  It's very different from all of the other fields where you put off surgery because of this and that and maybe that.  Try one drug after anoother and almost die a few times from the meds and their side effects.   There are always risks but getting joint and skeletal problems fixed is like getting your car's transmission rebuilt.  I am so very thankful.  Ten years ago I had to ride a motor cart at the supermarket and sleep with braces on my hands and arms.  Today I take two mile walks without a thought and can play my piano.  Oh yeah, and had cataract surgeries five years ago and still have 20/20 vision.  No glasses. 
      November 7, 2018 10:09 PM MST

i sleep anyways, if i take benadryl
      November 3, 2018 3:02 PM MDT

On a scale of 1 to 10?  Right now about a 2-.  However!!had you asked this question a week ago, forget the 10, it would have been a 1,000,000+1!!!  My tooth ache was so bad I seriously thought about suicide to ease the pain.  It was through the roof, through the ozone layer, out there. 
    I went to the dentist the very next morning and started the root canal process.  
    I'm $2500 less rich but 1,000,000+1 more happy!
    To try and sleep I drank some serious toddies.   That didn't work. 
    Sleep wasn't even an option unless it was death.

November 3, 2018 11:31 PM MDT

• My ulcer is kicking up tonight. Not as bad as usual so should be able to sleep. Probably because I took my Prilosec later than usual and I ate a late dinner:(  So will have a sip of aloe juice before bed. 
      November 4, 2018 8:53 PM MST

I had no problem sleeping.
      November 5, 2018 4:33 AM MST