Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What pain-relieving methods have you tried for your arthritis?

What pain-relieving methods have you tried for your arthritis?

Did any of them work?

Posted - November 3, 2018

Responses

Two knee replacements.  Two basal joint arthroplasties (joint reconstructions).
      November 3, 2018 12:48 PM MDT

• I'm not fully ready to become the bionic man.
      November 3, 2018 1:23 PM MDT

It's great being pain free.  You are wasting good time dealing with pain if it can be alleviated.
      November 4, 2018 7:54 PM MST

Chinese Herbs
    really works
    8 little pills after each meal with warm water.
    a mixture of Herbs.
    been taking a long time.
    just quit for a few days
    and the pain in the joints returned.
    Ha Ha, so yeah I began taking them again.
      November 3, 2018 2:50 PM MDT

• I've even tried kratom to no avail.
      November 3, 2018 5:47 PM MDT

ive tried celebrex but naproxin works better for nne
      November 3, 2018 2:53 PM MDT

• Thanks, Pearl, but those weaken the immune system.  I don't want to be sick all the time.
      November 3, 2018 5:48 PM MDT

Celebrex almost killed me.  I tell everyone to avoid it if at all possible. 
      November 4, 2018 7:55 PM MST

None, because thankfully, I do not have arthritis.
      ~
      November 3, 2018 5:50 PM MDT

• ....yet
      November 5, 2018 4:08 AM MST

Arcoxia, steroid injections, massage, applying hot and cold,  yes they all helped.
      November 4, 2018 12:14 PM MST

To the best of my knowledge there is no known cure.  The damage and age has been done. :(  It happens to almost all of us who have LIVED a life and not in bubble of purity and truth to make sure every movement won't stress out a  muscle in their body.  This probably isn't helping matters but at least you know because of this there are many people out there trying to find a cure. 

In the meantime, to alleviate the pain, I do recommend things that produce immediate gratification or something very similar.  Have you tried massaging 

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-health/marijuana-for-arthritis-latest-research-patients-experiences-and-best-strains

https://www.healthline.com/health/cbd-oil-for-pain

CBD oil is something we use on dogs that is extremely helpful for them in their older years.  I have seen a dog come in pain and a week later come in smiling with a tongue full of kisses and thanks.  It works wonders.

I'm not calling you a dog.... I promise... I am calling you a mammal, where, it might possibly have the same effect.  

Nature has a way of helping to work things out.

I hope this helps. 
      November 5, 2018 11:12 AM MST

It worked for me.
      November 5, 2018 11:42 AM MST

Not getting it in the first place.

I watched people mess up their bodies all my life with overworking the joints, diet, lack of rest and no exercise.

I have avoided all of that and with decent genes, I have avoided all of it and I'm 68.

If I have a client with arthritis, there is no cure, there is prevention of it getting worse and there is a lot of relief.

Depending on the level of pain.

If you are feeling a lot of aches and misery related to nerve pain, Alieve works good at bedtime.

If you can get a medical marijuana card, which I think you may have, the CBD products along with Indica strains do much to alleviate pain.  

I have worked with clients who have MS and swear by it.

So, CBD products are legal now, and they are known to give a lot of relief to the point of no pain with topical applications.

Also, I swear by BIOFREEZE.  I have clients who scoff and say they have tried it, but it needs to be applied correctly.

It is simple.  Just apply and add hot towels to area or hot heating pad.

Then sit still for at least 20 minutes.

Then, follow up with cold compresses.

That helps take the edge off, believe me.

If it is so badly advanced that you need surgery, get a second opinion please.
      November 5, 2018 11:14 AM MST