Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If the Republicans win Tuesday, how will the Democrats prevent a second Trump term?

If the Republicans win Tuesday, how will the Democrats prevent a second Trump term?

And if the Democrats win, take over Congress, and Mueller's FBI investigation proceeds unhindered, what might a desperate President Trump do to save himself?

Posted - November 4, 2018

Responses

Dunno. Maybe he could abolish Congress.
      November 4, 2018 11:01 PM MST

I find it hard to believe that the Dems would allow complacency to cripple them again. It could (that's how His Royal Orangeness got elected in the first place) but could the Dems possibly be lazy enough to let that bite them on the a$$ twice?

As for the other - he'll probably sign an EO overturning the Constitution and naming himself Führer for life.

November 5, 2018 2:02 AM MST

To what extent have you allowed your hatred to rob you of your humanity?
      November 5, 2018 6:03 AM MST

I second that.  More fake news in that picture.  Trump derangement syndrome in action. 
      November 5, 2018 6:30 AM MST

As I said before, you've already convicted him in your mind on at least half a dozen counts. You are anything but unbiased, and this off-the-wall meme and post reflect that. Funny, I thought you were too intelligent for such nonsense.
      November 5, 2018 7:09 AM MST

The quote from Mein Kampf (which Trump has apparently memorized) is precisely how the man operates.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/trump-pushes-back-against-his-track-record-of-peddling-falsehoods/news-story/aab078cb33329f8ab92644eb0c1c73f2

(Even His Royal Orangeness can't call this "Fake News", NewsCorp owns Fox).
      November 5, 2018 2:13 PM MST

Reading a book doesn't make anyone into Hitler. Where do you get all this nonsense?
      November 5, 2018 2:55 PM MST

He didnt just READ it, he SLEPT WITH IT BY HIS BED. Ivana Trump is on record as having said so, and the Donald never repudiated it. 
      November 5, 2018 3:06 PM MST

So what? How does that make him into Hitler?
      November 5, 2018 3:25 PM MST

• If Dems win they still wouldn't have the votes to impeach, but Trump would never get another campaign promise through congress, every executive order will be tied up in the courts past his departure from TWH, and anything he vetoes they'll be sure to attempt to override.

If Reps win, Dems are finished!

edit:  Trump's not going anywhere.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 5, 2018 6:59 AM MST
      November 5, 2018 4:54 AM MST

We don’t yet know who’s running Stu, so it would be folly to attempt a reasoned argument about 2020. 

The Mueller investigation should be allowed to finish no matter what happens Tuesday, as a matter of respect to the rule of law. If what Trump has claimed is true (which would be something of a revelation, would it not?) then he stands to be vindicated, right? Why would he not want that? But to my ears, he has lashed out like a guilty man hearing footsteps. 
    Knowing what we know now about the Divider-in-Chief, it might be only mildly prescient to say we would see a steady diet of more of the same from the President, his bile spewed at the selected enemy of the day, but in light of a Democratic victory, he’d face less cooperation in his ”policy decisions“ going forward. I see an even angrier man with no boundaries, no real morals, who could self-immolate on live TV.
    For the sake of Americans everywhere, I hope it doesn’t come to that. This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 5, 2018 7:14 PM MST
      November 5, 2018 5:21 AM MST

I definitely agree with you on the Mueller investigation going forward irrespective of the outcome Tuesday.  I also agree that if Trump were not guilty, he wouldn't be making such a big deal about ending that investigation.  It could well be that it isn't Trump that is neck-high in criminal actions (although I don't think he is without involvement), but he may be trying to protect his kids.  It is possible that if the Dems win, he could spontaneously combust.  
      November 5, 2018 6:46 AM MST

That "investigation" will go on forever.  Long after the current president is gone. Why?  Because people like it.  Guess it gives them something to do they can believe in.  Hilary Clinton is gone and yet the investigation of her goes on and on.  And on.  Why should the Mueller investigation be any different? 
      November 5, 2018 6:55 AM MST

I don't agree.  I believe Mueller is holding off with his findings so as not to be accused or trying to sway the elections.  If you recall, Comey was between a rock and a hard place in a similar situation.  
      November 5, 2018 7:50 AM MST

I just can't get so worked up over politics as so many people seem to be on here. I am not entertained by it or amused by it and can only see that such involvement creates anxiety. We have out own lives to lead and we must lead them whether the cards are stacked in our favor or against us.  Your candidate gets elected and you go crazy with joy proclaiming a "new era" then get drunk and destructive and you wake up with a bad head.  People are the same as they always were election or no election.  It is really all a game, I guess a power game, that people decide to play or not.  I make up my minds and cast my vote really never even knowing whether it will be counted at all. Then turn back to my own life where I have say over what is going on.  Have no idea what the Democrats will do and really don't care. And the notion that President Trump would be at all "desperate" just seems laughable to me. It is a game for him and though of course he has certain beliefs (many of which I agree with) I would not imagine for one minute that his life depends on any elections. He "won" a long time ago and he knows that so really all the rest is just so much gravy to him. 
      November 5, 2018 5:43 AM MST

Vote against Warren.  (I believe you have said you do not support her) The rest will take care of itself.
      November 5, 2018 5:53 AM MST

Trump is in no danger. Dems have no chance of getting the Sen. There is no impeachment possible without the Sen. 
    The House is possible but that is only part of the way. 

I believe the Rep keep Sen and House (slightly)
      November 5, 2018 6:02 AM MST

Many Rep Senators may well cross the floor and vote to convict - in order to keep their jobs in 2020. Trump has become an electoral liability and they know it.
      November 5, 2018 2:08 PM MST

No, if he was a liability Rep candidates would not want him campaigning for them. And Dems in tight races would not be trying to sound like they support his policies. 

My Sen has attacked her fellow Dems while trying to fight for her political life. Lol McCaskill is going home and she knows it. She is not getting another dummy to say something like "legitimate rape victims do not get pregnant"..... That is the only reason she is there and she is leaving come Jan.2019. 
      November 5, 2018 2:34 PM MST

But nobody can vote to convict unless there are impeachment proceedings to vote on. Your usual wishful thinking carries you away from reality.
      November 5, 2018 2:54 PM MST

Haven't you heard, 1000,s of democrats are leaving the violence and lies of that party.  It has been in the news. They are sick of the dirty politics and are opting for a more sane place in this world. 
      November 5, 2018 6:33 AM MST

If you think the "more sane" place in this world is the GOP, I really feel sorry for you.
      November 5, 2018 6:48 AM MST

Maybe not but at least its real. 
      November 5, 2018 6:50 AM MST

There is no evidence that an exodus of Democrats means they are automatically embracing the GOP by default. There are more than just two “sane“ positions in this arena. 

We must, in fairness, recognize that there are people abandoning the Republican Party as well. 

November 5, 2018 4:08 PM MST