Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Where is the line between anticipating trouble that never comes and being prepared for whatever is out there targeting you?

Where is the line between anticipating trouble that never comes and being prepared for whatever is out there targeting you?

Posted - November 9, 2018

Responses

Anyone who seeks to rob me of my freedoms or what belongs to me targets me. 
      November 9, 2018 7:43 AM MST

Have you been reading my mind? 

I think sometimes anticipating trouble that never comes is smart.. I never used to think that way.. perhaps there are some situations where that's necessary though..  I think, sadly from recent experience, that sometimes the former can all too easily turn into the latter.. be relieved when the trouble passes you by but make very sure you are ready for the next time.. As I say.. perhaps situational - normally one wouldn't need to always be so on guard.
      November 9, 2018 11:21 AM MST

Not knowingly Addb. Reading minds is something I wish I did because I could  but I don't cuz I can't. But I think we are almost ALWAYS on the same page at the time so perhaps that explains it.  "Worry is the interest you pay on trouble". I heard that long ago and remember it. There are many times I've worried needlessly. Whatever I worried about worked itself out easily. Things never happened or if they did not in the way I imagined it or if they did it wasn't really that bad! I think sometimes I underestimate my ability to cope. When I'm confronted by something I act and then later on  I think "that wasn't so hard". Maybe you've experienced that too. Thank you for your reply Addb. I'm gonna ask a question with that..."worry is the interest you pay on trouble"~ 
      November 9, 2018 1:43 PM MST

I agree on some levels.. I think that for me my reply was coloured by a very nasty situation I find myself still in.. whereby the threat is real, the worry is real.. and the need to be prepared is real.. if there are one or two times the preparedness isn't needed.. I know it will happen next time.. 
      November 9, 2018 2:26 PM MST