Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is getting more of what you want ALWAYS better? Is too much of a good thing a bad thing? Why?

Is getting more of what you want ALWAYS better? Is too much of a good thing a bad thing? Why?

Posted - November 9, 2018

Responses

I am perfectly happy getting what I want thank you :)
      November 9, 2018 11:18 AM MST

What if it's so spectacularly wonderful you want more?  Does getting more tarnish the original getting?  When is getting more of what you want not a good thing? When is not getting what you want the best thing that could have happened to you? I"m gonna ask! Thank you for your reply Addb!  :)
      November 9, 2018 1:29 PM MST

Nope I will still settle for more and more of what I like.. I am an all or nothing person.. so if I like something I like it a lot. But yes I can see that sometimes the best thing for us is the opposite of what we want 
      November 9, 2018 3:04 PM MST

Some folks don't recognize or respond to having "enough" Addb. They never get there. The wanting is never sated. Or so it seems to me. Your plate is full. Are you content with that or are you always eyeing the plates of others and wanting them too which means you're not valuing what is right in front of you? I don't know if that's a good enough analogy. Anyway thank you for your reply! :)
      November 10, 2018 1:49 AM MST