Active Now

Thebigd
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So the don threatens to withhold funds for fire damage from horrendous fires in California and is viciously attacking it. How cool is that?

So the don threatens to withhold funds for fire damage from horrendous fires in California and is viciously attacking it. How cool is that?

Posted - November 12, 2018

Responses

I don't know much about the way clearing brush on the enormous scale that would be required in California is administered by the local government, but I do know that common sense will tell you that there is just so much clearing you can do without complete deforestation of what should be a lush state. 

CA has been suffering from a drought for years now, so it is not surprising that there are many more fires, many of which become more dangerous and damaging than the last.  Perhaps there is a problem with the way forestry is managed, but to come out and say that he will not send funds is about as outrageous and unfeeling a statement as he can make. 

If I had anything to say about it, I would tell CA that if he doesn't provide funding, they will just not send tax dollars to the federal government.  They send in way more than they get back as it is.  What is Trump going to do?  Disown them?
      November 12, 2018 7:23 AM MST

His scolding was ill-timed. The town of Paradise, California no longer exists. I think something like 29 people have died. It may be more by now. Thousands of homes have been destroyed. I think abou 150,000 folks evacuated. The don blamed it on bad forestry practices. Talked about how much money it costs. That bas**rd man can rot in He**  till eternity freezes and it will be too good for him. Just thought of another question. You'll recognize the one! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      November 12, 2018 4:46 PM MST

He disgusts me more each day.  I don't know how his administration can stand having to spend time with him.
      November 12, 2018 8:13 PM MST

He is the present-day version of the PLAGUE L. He infects everyplace he is and everyone with whom he comes in contact. My new name for him is the SOB devil dog. It pleasures me that he will have to answer to pols who take serving the people seriously. It so pleasures me that every day is torture for him because he knows his worst days are ahead of him. It pleasures me that he knows he was rejected soundly by the people and though he feigns else-wise he knows how much he is HATED! He made a fool of himself once again while in Paris on many levels. One day the fool will have gone too far and meet his Waterloo. In what form that will be I cannot say. It could be in the form of a Maxine Waters for example. How delicious would THAT be? Meanwhile the SOB devil dog keeps spewing his lies because that is his only raison d'etre. Without his lies he is a nothing. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 13, 2018 2:54 AM MST

I agree, but would ask that you not refer to Trump as a "devil dog."  The moniker was used by German soldiers to describe U.S. Marines who fought in the Battle of Belleau Wood in 1918. The Marines fought with such ferocity that they were likened to "Dogs from Hell."

Considering Trump's disrespectful treatment of our troops, especially in France over the weekend, it is not a fitting description for him.  I know you will understand.  Thank you.
      November 13, 2018 9:27 PM MST

Done. There are deviled eggs which is far afield from a devil dog. However if you purchase a hot dog and put jalapenos on it you have created a devilishly hot dog. When I said devil dog I was actually thinking of hot dogs. You know when you call anyone a hotdog you mean he is a showoff right? So not to belabor the point but there is humor in devil dog. I did NOT know about the Nazi connection but there is a Hitler within don. It all balances out I think. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Wednesday!  :)
      November 14, 2018 4:05 AM MST

I know you meant it as a showoff.  I happen to have a Marine penpal who is a real Devil Dog. :)
      November 14, 2018 5:22 AM MST

Now I am totally confused. Oh well no matter. My dad did 3 tours in world war 1 but he never talked about it. I think most vets want to forget. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 14, 2018 7:04 AM MST
      November 14, 2018 7:01 AM MST

My Marine friend is with a unit that calls themselves Teufelhunden (Devil Dogs).  :)  Happy Wednesday.
      November 14, 2018 10:32 AM MST

Tell fell hun dun. It has a certain flair, savoir faire. je ne sais quoi! So you have a friend currently in the military? I hope not in harm's way L. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 14, 2018 10:44 AM MST

He is actually home now.  I he came friendly with him on line when he was deployed to Afghanistan.  He was there for close to a year and I sent him care packages. 
      November 14, 2018 12:56 PM MST

Super kind and sweet and friendly thing to do L! Good for you. Thank you for sharing that info! :)
      November 14, 2018 1:05 PM MST

During the first few years of the Iraq and Afghan wars, I had many troops that I supported with care packages.  All those guys and gals eventually came home safe and sound.  In the case of a few, we remained in contact and if they deployed again, I sent packages again.  I have met three of them and had dinner with them and we remain friends.  They are all good men and true.
      November 14, 2018 1:12 PM MST

((hugs)) Kudos to you m'dear! Sincerely and seriously you are a very caring person! Honored to know you. Even more honored that you are my friend, my friend! Thank you for sharing that info L! :)
      November 14, 2018 1:14 PM MST

Happy to have you as my friend, too, Rosie. :)
      November 14, 2018 2:05 PM MST

• Apparently that was "fake news".   As President, he would not be able to with hold funds to any state in similar circumstances anyway, but I would not put it past that Orange Blob to have spewed something like that, even knowing that he would not actually be  able to do such a thing.   

The fires in SoCal - not sure what the cause of those were, but the low humidity and Santa Ana winds don't help and only feed the flames.   The huge fire up here in NorCal is the fault of faulty PG&E equipment.   
      November 15, 2018 3:37 AM MST