Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Would you rather feel the warmth of a heavy blanket on you in cold weather or the breeze from the open window as you lie uncovered in bed

Would you rather feel the warmth of a heavy blanket on you in cold weather or the breeze from the open window as you lie uncovered in bed

on a hot summer night?
~

Posted - November 13, 2018

Responses

Of the two choices, I'd go for the hot summer night breeze.

But I truly dislike both of those choices, ha!
    :)

In fact, in the midst of cold winter nights, I usually have the window air conditioner on the 'low fan' setting and have cold air blowing into the bedroom. I have a terrible time trying to sleep if I am anywhere near being warm.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 14, 2018 12:03 PM MST
      November 13, 2018 8:14 PM MST

Tough choice, man. I'll have to go with the breeze...it's Summer and I will wake up with nice warm weather. That's got to beat waking up from that fuzzy warm blanket...only to see 6" of snow on the ground.
      November 13, 2018 8:30 PM MST

• That's a tough one for me, because I always have both.   I can't stand sleeping with the window closed, even on the few nights that dip below freezing. I suppose if I had to choose only one, it would be the breeze.

Oh, look at me messing up already.  I missed the fine print - "On a hot summer night".   I always sleep with a fan on too, so still it would be the breeze. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 14, 2018 9:42 PM MST
      November 13, 2018 9:43 PM MST

November 13, 2018 11:58 PM MST

Neither..  When inclement weather is on the menu.....I have my love ers two keep me warm.....:)D
      November 14, 2018 1:46 AM MST

His two what?

~
      November 14, 2018 6:01 AM MST

• "The warmth of a heavy blanket"  ...  I know how to deal with heat, but I don't handle the cold very well.
      November 14, 2018 3:24 AM MST

the first one
      November 14, 2018 9:45 AM MST

Cold weather junkie here, lover of cold weather and snuggling in a quilt.  Now I have Two Labradors who would love to snuggle as well. 

Spent my Pup Day's 18-20 y/o in tropical climates, hated every humid minute of it. A dry desert heat is tolerable, a humid tropical heat sucks.  Spent a number of nights in the desert where the daytime temps could be up to 130 at time, and the night cooled off to a balmy temp around 90.  Give me the artic anyday This post was edited by Archerchef at November 14, 2018 12:02 PM MST
      November 14, 2018 11:59 AM MST

Both good but where we live we don't get so much breeze summers because we are more low lying.  Not that we would feel it anyway for our bedroom has no windows!  Actually was formerly a large utility closet which from the first time we looked at the house we loved and said let's make this our bedroom, Tonight supposed to be 16 degrees Fahrenheit here so five layers om - a sheet, two quilts and two blankets. 
      November 14, 2018 8:01 PM MST