Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What would you do if you were out and came across a friend's significant other who appeared to be out with someone other than your friend?

What would you do if you were out and came across a friend's significant other who appeared to be out with someone other than your friend?

Posted - November 13, 2018

Responses

Kjames, it is not gender per se - it is demographics, psychographics and possibly Social Class. It is the difference between Admins and Managers/Directors/VP's, Dr.s and others.

Women at my level or trying to achieve my level have learned discretion in all facets of life.  Information is power, these women wield that with a deft touch.  My partner is such a woman, as well as most of the women I work with.  If another woman did as you said you would they would be frozen out, aka sent to Siberia.  In a short while no longer with the organization

In the Service very similar if not a bit more vindictive.  Due note this treatment was meted out by other women, men would not be allowed to
      November 15, 2018 10:34 AM MST

Yeah but we're talking about "friends" here Archerchef, friends care about each other despite social class, demographics and psychographics.  The only reason a friend may not tell is for fear of not being believed or being blamed, and that calculation would depend on past responses from that friend. Women are more likely to tell because they are more chatty where as some men can be a closed book and often let things take there cause.
      November 15, 2018 11:59 AM MST

I am also talking about social friends, and real friends.  I learned a long time ago the hard way - you see nothing, you comment on nothing.  If asked later on "oh he/she was there"  did not see them.

I have dumped more women in my past for their lack of discretion, and their "chattiness" about others.  I have cut more women off from my social circle unless they are the Queen Bee for similar reasons. That behavior for me is totally tacky and offensive.  Same for my partner - she hates other women who are not discrete and are chatti in that manner.  BTW she is Austrian and a Doctor

Gossip is gossip, now a private discussion with your partner if they can be trusted is always on the table. Doc and I are always aware which one of our colleagues (M&F) are on the prowl.  It helps us both stay welcome in all circles and allows us situations where we might have knowledge.

We will agree to disagree on this one
      November 15, 2018 3:15 PM MST

Not my zoo ... not my monkeys
      November 14, 2018 2:24 PM MST

lol
      November 14, 2018 4:55 PM MST

If it was a friend I would have to tell them. 
      November 14, 2018 3:22 PM MST

Yep.  I would probably say to my friend something like hey, I saw XXX last night at XXXX; who was that he was with?
      November 14, 2018 7:11 PM MST

That would be a good way, it lets her know without being accusatory to him.
      November 14, 2018 8:36 PM MST

"That was no lady, that was my wife!"

~
      November 14, 2018 8:38 PM MST

Are they married, or just cohabiting? A married couple owe each other fidelity  loyalty, and commitment. They took vows that binds them together for life. "Let marriage be honorable among all, and let the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge sexually immoral people and adulterers." (Hebrews 13:4)
      November 15, 2018 11:53 PM MST