Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you only reply to attack questions about the don or do you also answer other questions about non-political things like ketchup? Why?

Do you only reply to attack questions about the don or do you also answer other questions about non-political things like ketchup? Why?

Posted - November 14, 2018

Responses

Sure, I like ketchup. Mustard etc. too. Belgians are typically crazy for mayonnaise.

I suppose people flock more towards political issues due to some sense that they need to; if they don't speak for their convictions, others will impose their own; they must be some sort of 'protectors,' vocally so.

Yet it feels like such attitudes generally hamper, rather than foster, discussion.
      November 14, 2018 5:03 AM MST

My interests are numerous and varied and my questions reflect that. Some only ever show up to argue and attack and insult. Them I ignore. They never show up to talk about the benign the docile the simple the kind the caring the gentle the funny the thoughtful. Go figger! Oh. An Answermugger says she likes ketchup on her HOTDOGS! AARRGGHH! Do you too? We like mayo but never on hotdogs. Hamburgers sure. And things like tuna salad or potato salad begs for mayo. Ever crush garlic into mayo? It's called aioli in France and if you like garlicky things you'd LOVE it as a dip or spread. But you may already know about aioli and make your own from scratch! Thank you for your reply DaniloG and Happy Wednesday to thee! :) I don't mind people speaking their convictions. What I do not tolerate is when the replier makes the question about me. That is a line no one crosses if he/she wants to discuss issues with me. I have no interest or desire to be anyone's punching bag or doormat! :)
      November 14, 2018 7:13 AM MST

You're totally right about that principle, though I do think it's possible to reflect a question to the asker without seeking to be impolite in any way.

As for hotdogs and ketchup, I just don't eat meat; but do like my falafel with aioli (or anything garlic-like) or andalouse.

Thanks, Rosie, and Happy Wednesday to thee too!
      November 14, 2018 10:28 AM MST

It may be possible to do but the doers here seek nothing but to make every question I ask all about me insultingly. Boring. Tedious. Pedestrian. One-dimensional. AARRGGHH! Thank you for your reply Danilo G!
    FALAFEL? I'm of Armenian descent. Though Falafel is not an Armenian dish we love it with hummus or madzoon (yogurt). Delicious! Do you make your own aioli or just crush some garlic in mayo and go with that? It's good as a spread or a dip. You know in California we have the town of Gilroy which sells itself as the Garlic Capital of the World. As you drive by the air is  redolent of garlic as you drive past it. They hold a Garlic Festival every year or did. I think it was in August. Ever taste garlic ice cream? No I'm not kidding! I have a Garlic Lover's cookbook with a killer recipe for Caesar Salad.  If you haven't figured it out I am a FOODIE and once I get on that track it's tough to get off it but I'm gonna try real hard! We eat mostly veggies and whole grains and  beans and nuts and seeds and would have no trouble converting to being vegetarians. Not vegans though. We love our dairy products! This post was edited by RosieG at November 14, 2018 11:31 AM MST
      November 14, 2018 10:55 AM MST