Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Thousands of Americans are suddenly homeless

Thousands of Americans are suddenly homeless

in California. Lost everything. Where is the response from the President? Where is the love?
Anyone?

Posted - November 16, 2018

Responses

Trump ran on everything Rep claim to believe.
    Lower taxes
    Less regulation
    Strong military
    Peace through strength
    Enforcing the border
    Pro-life 
    Pro-gun
    Religious freedom

Trump is antiglobalism...this is against the traditional establishment Republicians. And that is a big reason for Trump's victory.

This is what Rep have run on for decades, President Trump is the first in a long time who actually decided to try and deliver.
      November 18, 2018 6:29 AM MST

They’ve also run on fiscal responsibility and deficit control. Not so much now. 
    Trump won by default of a ridiculous Democratic campaign and no fight from his Republican challengers. They were loathe to sink to his level of incivility, and for that they are to be commended. (Except Rubio, what a putz!)

Besides gutting regulations (sadly, the environment and your grandchildren will pay for that) not one of the items you listed has worked out as advertised. But that isn’t what matters to you, is it? You have a job, the scary brown people are in the crosshairs, and Obama is out to pasture. Civility and grace be damned. Oh happy day. 

Defending the obvious incompetence of a crude, untalented, reckless man as you seem to robotically do, is amusing to me, given that you’ll soon be looking to rationalize the next inevitable episode of Trumpfoolery as well. I await it. 
      November 18, 2018 7:00 AM MST

Lower taxes...passed
    Less regulation....passed

Results.....lower unemployment, jobs returning to the USA
    Working on real free trade deals...not the BS we had before.

Strong military, peace through strength....success
    ISIS has lost vertically all their validate
    Europe countries are starting to pay their share of NATO

Enforcing the border...we are working on it. Establishment Rep is dragging their feet. 
    Most Illegals I have known are not brown people (evil or otherwise....your word not mine)

November 18, 2018 7:29 AM MST

He did his normal....
    Blame game.
    He has no Empathy.
    beyond throwing paper towels....
      November 16, 2018 9:00 PM MST

He's lacking a lot more than just empathy.
      November 17, 2018 7:26 AM MST

No human ruler has the capacity to satisfy the needs of those they rule over. Sad that the one that has the ability to satisfy all the needs of any human is rejected, because to begin with most refuse to acknowledge his existence. The prophet Isaiah wrote this about this perfect leader "For a child has been born to us, A son has been given to us; and the rulership will rest on his shoulder. His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. To the increase of his rulership and to peace, there will be no end, on the throne of David and on his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it through justice and righteousness, from now on and forever. The zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this." (Isaiah 9:6,7) As military commander of the heavenly forces he will come soon to destroy this wicked world and establish his kingdom as the only world power to govern over earth. (Revelation 19:11-16) among many conditions that will be a thing of the past, will be all the natural disasters that this planet is experiencing in this time of great turmoil. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at November 16, 2018 11:48 PM MST
      November 16, 2018 11:47 PM MST

This has nothing to do with the question. 
      November 17, 2018 7:12 AM MST

Actually it does. But you refuse to believe it. The answer is simple, it doesn't take rocket science. The answer to mankind's problems does not originate here on earth. No man, no political persuasion has the solution to earth's woes.  
      November 19, 2018 9:56 PM MST

No, it has nothing to do with the question, and offers precious little solace in the face of it.  
    Your dated mythology is quaint, but is among mankind’s larger problems, not an answer to this one.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 22, 2018 5:09 PM MST
      November 20, 2018 4:05 AM MST

So you're trying to persuade me your ideology and beliefs make sense? Really? Provide solid proof you have reason to believe men will bring permanent changes to the world, and make the world a safer place.  This post was edited by Autumnleaves at November 20, 2018 10:58 PM MST
      November 20, 2018 10:56 PM MST

No, there seems little hope of talking sense to you, as long as you are absorbed in the grim fantasies of Revelations, and the like.

I could list literally hundreds of examples of how man has already brought permanent change to the world since the Dark Ages, when religions like yours ran the whole show, and how advancements in modern medicine, government and law, for example, have made the world generally safer now than it was in times past.
    Would there even be seven billion of us alive if it weren’t?

Yet most every advancement remains tenuous in the light of man’s foolish nature to resist change and destroy himself. 

But as you appear firmly affixed to the selective reasoning, the wishful thinking and the shameless abandonment of personal responsibility that religious belief embraces, I commend you to your backward Bronze Age dogma, praying for the end of the world. This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 21, 2018 11:15 PM MST
      November 21, 2018 2:53 AM MST

All you have proven is your inate capacity for hatred and ability to insult those of a spiritual inclination. Obviously your superiority complex has convinced you capable of commending me to the "bronze age" i should realize your dogma is so much better than my convictions.
      November 21, 2018 11:27 PM MST

If you would look a bit more carefully, you might realize I made no insult toward believers themselves, nor of spirituality in general, but only of the regressive tenets of primitive, essentially fact-free, monotheistic religions. 
    But as it is the common recourse for those of your “inclination“ to play the victim when confronted with coherent opposition, your response is neither new nor particularly concerning. 

It is only evidence to me that you (like so many others who proselytize at any opportunity) understand less about religion than you realize (or admit). As an atheist, I follow no dogma, only the examination of the evidence. After over thirty five years of doing so, I have found that the policies and preachments of Christianity, Islam etc, are inherently wicked, routinely inane and counter to the advancement of the human species.
    Until some new evidence arises to support the claims of these archaic belief systems, I will continue to exercise my right to actively speak against them, and raise opposition to their purveyors. Call it whatever you like. This post was edited by Don Barzini at November 22, 2018 6:45 AM MST
      November 22, 2018 6:42 AM MST

Just to enlighten you, you confuse Christendom with true Christianity. Accept it or not, you are maligning Christianity when it is Christendom to blame for everything you hate about Christianity. And NO they are not one and the same! One day soon you and the rest of all who oppose the truth will realize the difference.. believe or not as the unabashed atheist you boast to be, bible prophecy indicates the end of this system of things is imminent. At that point  is when all will be revealed. Whatever response you add, will not be addressed. You have your mindset, and i respect that.
      November 22, 2018 10:42 AM MST

Autumnleaves?

THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE HOMELESS.

Good Christians do not quote what the President has done, as if that is enough.

They are starving.  They are dying.  If you are a CHRISTIAN, HELP OUT.
      November 22, 2018 10:47 AM MST

Who are you to tell me i don't help out? Just because i don't publicize or boast about what i do, doesn't mean i stand by and do nothing. 
      November 22, 2018 10:59 PM MST

Again with “hate”. I do not hate Christianity, nor those who assert their version of it is something other than the garden variety of monotheist mythology. I oppose the whole superstitious enterprise as fallacious, contrived and accorded far too much respect. This is not hate, but conscientious objection. 
      November 22, 2018 11:23 AM MST

All you have proven is your inate capacity for hatred and ability to insult those of a spiritual inclination. Obviously your superiority complex has convinced you capable of commending me to the "bronze age" i should realize your dogma is so much better than my convictions.
      November 21, 2018 11:27 PM MST

I almost had it out with you weeks ago because you were getting bored with my railing.  

Now you see why?

I took your advice.  These people and their blind opinions have nothing to do with what is on the screen for them to see.  They won't see it.  They cannot see it. And they never will see it.

Thank you for this question.   Just one more symptom of a cancer that hopefully, will be contained soon.
      November 22, 2018 10:40 AM MST

This was my primary argument. The question did not allude to any discussion of belief, yet here are.
    I have no personal animosity toward individuals with strong beliefs, blind or otherwise, but I will call them out when they impose their religion unrelatedly on random matters, particularly on my threads.  
    You wanna post that stuff, don’t expect everyone to just sit and swallow it. 

In regard to the pointed discussion you and I had, I am more or less aligned with your thinking (on Trump, etc), but the extent to which the hyperbole had permeated your every comment (in that brief period) was, IMO, not   aiding the cause. You are clearly brighter than our friend Rosie, but the narrative had fallen in with her level of obsessiveness. 
    I appreciate the thought you consistently apply to your posts, whether I agree with them or not, and I welcome further discourse. 
    Happy Thanksgiving. 

November 22, 2018 11:11 AM MST

Read my answer.  AND WAKE UP.
      November 17, 2018 9:20 PM MST

i heard hes over there now
      November 17, 2018 2:57 PM MST

I would feel horrid, (and I do) but I am still wondering about the homeless in Puerto Rico that have been dying and struggling for over a year.  I thought they were Americans too.

I guess if they are so far away, out of sight, out of mind.

Fire seems so much scarier.  And we can watch it on TV and see our friends and neighbors suffer so badly.  So this seems to be the real disaster.

Trump's only response to any tragedy on his watch is to proclaim HOW CAN I HURT, not how can I help.

Think of every disaster and his idiotic response each and every time.  Now it's the fault of the forest rangers or something just as inane.
      November 17, 2018 9:20 PM MST

You are absolutely correct. Trump has not learned anything from previous disasters, nor has his response differed from his primary position of scapegoating. PR was pushed to the back of the bus, like I suspect California’s plight will be. 
    Trump lost California in both 2016 and 2018. Could that have a part in his thinking? 
      November 18, 2018 5:43 AM MST

Hi Don Barzini.
    At some point yesterday, I posted an answer to your question here. Practically immediately I deleted it because I felt uncomfortable about it. But I'm going to go out on a limb (a limb for me is probably 'nothing' to most people, ha!) and re-post my answer of yesterday. I have difficulty sometimes sharing my thoughts with others. Sometimes I don't. Anyway, my answer may not be actually related to your question (that was one of my reasons for deleting it) but I'll post it again.
    Be Well,
    WelbyQuentin
    :)

Related to your question, I live in a very Pro President Trump area.

I sometimes tire of hearing the 'Post Presidential Remarks' "rationalizations" from some of his base. Rationalizing his words after he speaks.

I sometimes tire of hearing the 'Post Presidential Actions' "rationalizations" from some of his base. Rationalizing his actions after he acts.

I sometimes tire of hearing the rationalizations for everything the man does or does not do and rationalizations for everything the man says or does not say.

For instance, I saw the President mocking a reporter.
    I heard the President call people names like "stupid."
    I read one of the President's recent tweets about the California wildfires.
    I noticed his absence at a French cemetery.
    The man can speak and act for himself. 
    And he does.
    No need for further explanations from some of his base.

Except, for me, it DOES matter what a President says or doesn't say.
    It DOES matter to me how a President 'behaves,' for lack of a better term.

And to just to excuse all of the words and behaviors because one 'supports his policies' (which I hear a lot) somehow doesn't cut it for me. To me, a President is held to higher standards than just anybody. 

And, yes, I include all Presidents with my thoughts here, not just the current President.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 22, 2018 7:13 AM MST
      November 18, 2018 11:22 AM MST