Element 99
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » In your own words, define grammar nazi

In your own words, define grammar nazi

Posted - November 18, 2018

Responses

You are most welcome, dear.  

If anyone says anything else I will take your side just to confuse them.
      November 18, 2018 10:29 PM MST

• Regardless of motivation, You are the one who seems to go after other members here for spelling inaccuracies! I am sure many other members here don't really care much.
      November 19, 2018 8:20 AM MST

OK, but what's wrong with that and why is it necessary to judge it? As I said, different things affect, and interest, different people in different ways. Folks like Randy D and I happen to care about this more than others do. Perhaps it's because, at certain times in my life, writing and/or editing has been my job. Is there nothing in your experience/life that you might care about or be interested in more than others are?
      November 19, 2018 8:35 AM MST

I'm a make-up artist.  How would you like me to continually criticize your picture.  It's what I do? I can't help it?  I wanna?

IT ANNOYS.  You need to squelch your enthusiasm to point out the mistakes of others when it is not asked for.  Otherwise, keep being you and suffer the consequences.

YOU ASSUME.  It is very off-putting.  Especially since you have no idea the circumstances of the post.

This is not an English test and you are displaying your insecurities by pointing out people's mistakes.  People will react and tell you to go stuff it.  

But you tell yourself YOU HAVE TO?  There was a lady on here yesterday that explained to Randy that she is dyslexic.  You both need to STFU.
      November 19, 2018 8:40 AM MST

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Thank you very much. And BTW, I don't wear makeup, but my wife does.
      November 19, 2018 8:49 AM MST

The way you deflect and not even grasp the words just boggles my mind.
    You think this is an intelligent reply?   I didn't SAY you wore makeup.

The point is I would be a know-it-all daring to tell you what is wrong with your face.

There is NOTHING wrong with it.  IT is what is in between your ears that needs re-arranging.

dense
    [dens]

ADJECTIVE
    1. closely compacted in substance.
      "dense volcanic rock" ·
      synonyms:
      • having the constituent parts crowded closely together.
        "an estuary dense with marine life"
        synonyms:
        close-packed · closely packed · tightly packed · closely set · thick ·
    2. informal
      synonyms:

3. (of a text) hard to understand because of its complexity of ideas.
      synonyms:
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 19, 2018 8:58 AM MST
      November 19, 2018 8:55 AM MST

OK, here's an offer for you. When you "STFU" about Trump being an imaginary dictator and stop bringing him into every conversation, even those having nothing to do with him, then I will reconsider my position on grammar and spelling. Deal?
      November 19, 2018 9:02 AM MST

There is nothing anyone can do with a closed mind.  Or FOR a closed mind.

I am telling my knowledge of what is REALLY GOING ON complete with tapes out of the DICTATOR'S MOUTH.  Somethings that are changing life in a horrible way with impending doom right in front of you.

You are correcting people's commas.  OH YEAH. Same thing. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 19, 2018 9:15 AM MST
      November 19, 2018 9:05 AM MST

What you're actually doing is tilting at windmills and howling at the moon, imagining things that aren't there. But you would have us believe that you have some kind of inside information to which the rest of us poor slobs are not privy. But actually, BS by any other name is still BS.

But hey, I tried to make a deal for what you want, and you turned it down. So let's just keep doing what we each do, and qwitcherbeefing!
      November 19, 2018 9:15 AM MST

You know what? This is like pissing into the wind.  You are right. 

You think you win because you close your eyes.

Ok YOU WIN.  What have you won?  I don't care.  Have a really great day and I do love you. Honest.  You are teaching me that there is much more to a person than their deranged thoughts.
      November 19, 2018 9:24 AM MST

• I don't feel its my job to correct people on this site.  I think there are far more important things in life other than a misplaced vowel.  Most people here are not expert in editing, and though that is your career job, it should not be your job here unless you are employed by Anwermug to do so!
      November 19, 2018 9:14 AM MST

If you don't feel it's your job to correct people on this site, then what makes me special? Why are you making an exception and trying to correct me?
      November 19, 2018 9:20 AM MST

She is responding to YOUR attacks.  Isn't that why you do it?  Mostly I just ignore you.  Because when you get a bite, it's like a mental orgasm for you.

OHHHH Look. I got you!!!!!

Or do we THANK YOU?   Yeah.  Like I don't know that I made a mistake.  WHO THE F cares?   If you are correcting my grammar rather than reading my words, you are wasting our time and insulting me.

I can talk to a one-year old if I just want the same old same old.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 19, 2018 10:49 AM MST
      November 19, 2018 9:25 AM MST

Maybe I can walk and chew gum at the same time, and I read the words AND correct grammar and spelling. Ever think of that?

And what do you win when you say "you will lose?" I don't use terms like win and lose, so I have no idea.
    This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at November 19, 2018 10:52 AM MST
      November 19, 2018 10:50 AM MST