Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Have you ever felt unsafe (or fearful) in your own bed? If so, why, and how was it resolved? ~

Have you ever felt unsafe (or fearful) in your own bed? If so, why, and how was it resolved? ~

Posted - November 20, 2018

Responses

Yes.
    When I was a little kid.  
    I slept on the top bunk and there was a window next to it, that was covered in wallpaper.
    The window originally looked out to the covered deck.
    Every night, the shadow on the paper looked like Freddy Krueger's hand ... this was before those movies.  
    But it was still scary, to a little kid.
      November 20, 2018 11:48 AM MST

Yes....I thought I was going to get my comeuppance for once ,but I I actually got it for twice....  :)D 
      November 20, 2018 11:53 AM MST

I used to have some nightmares that I swear were real.

But that was a long time ago.

I know I am safe, protected and loved.  I don't need fear in my life over life and death and the other things that nag and scare.   So, life in the sack is calm  and serene.

November 20, 2018 12:05 PM MST

Wow, Sharonna, your breasts look really, really small in that photo, was it taken recently?  I don't remember them being so flat, they were much fuller before.  Meh, maybe you shouldn't take photos when you're lying on your back, not as flattering.
    ~
      November 20, 2018 12:10 PM MST

I wish they were that flat.  I mean what do I need those for anyway?  
      November 20, 2018 12:32 PM MST

Ha!
    :)
      November 20, 2018 8:34 PM MST

I agree.  Sometimes my boobs really get in the way.  I'm tired of wearing bras.  I am too active to have things bouncing in my way.  Seriously, sometimes my boobs drive me crazy.  
      November 20, 2018 9:15 PM MST

Sex partners like 'em. 
      November 21, 2018 7:42 PM MST

Wow, SHARONNA! You're a really hot guy!

And I like your answer. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 20, 2018 10:46 PM MST
      November 20, 2018 12:17 PM MST

Yes.

In the last ten years, I think, I was dreaming while sleeping, I guess. But, in the dark, I saw standing, in the corner of my bedroom, a broad-shouldered male dressed all in black -- a long-sleeved top and pants. The guy just stood there looking at me. Silent.
    Rarely, if ever, have I felt such fear.
    I sat up in bed and roared, "NO!!"

I guess that was when I woke up.

I found myself sitting upright in my bed, alone in the room.
      November 20, 2018 12:23 PM MST

That is scary.  :(  I'm not so sure I want to go to bed now.  Don is right there but I"m not sure he would wake up.  WOW!  Sleep with the radio on or the TV.  It brings light into your room.  Turn on nice music.  Drink some sleepytime tea.  ....
      November 20, 2018 9:17 PM MST

You're right -- I could try all of those. Fortunately, that experience is the only one I have had like that.
      November 22, 2018 7:55 PM MST

• Yes, after a nightmare. It's resolved by pulling the comforters up tight around me and thinking about something pleasant. Never been afraid of anyone breaking in or anything like that, though. 
      November 20, 2018 1:48 PM MST

I've never been afraid of another person entering my house.  I keep Don or my blankets tightly around me. I always have them up or around my head. 
      November 20, 2018 9:19 PM MST

yes, when nny apt building had issues with bedbugs, i hated thenn, they had pest control conne over, had nny place heat treated and sprayed 5 tinnes, ive had to get rid of nny bed and couch, i finally got rid of thenn , hadnt seen thenn since the end of april, got an airbed on purpose cause i knew they couldnt nest there, i never replaced nny couch, dont want anything with cushions around after going thru with all this
      November 20, 2018 1:58 PM MST

• Yes recurring nightmares of someone breaking into my house all my life.
      November 20, 2018 3:11 PM MST

I am sorry Cinders717.  That IS frightening.  Maybe you should try leaving a light on or turning on nice music.  Maybe you could have a pet?  Do you like animals?  Dogs are great and cats are fantastic.  They will help you stay safe. :) :)
      November 20, 2018 9:22 PM MST

• Yes its a night terror I suppose. I wake anyone visiting when this happens and I feel terrible.  But it won't happen for months and suddenly it happens again.  I do sometimes leave a light on and its comforting.  I would love to have a dog someday again:) Music is good too. Thanks for the ideas:)  
      November 22, 2018 7:13 PM MST

Yes.  I kicked the cat off (problem solved).
      November 20, 2018 5:31 PM MST

Now stop making me giggle.  I just suggested a cat for protection not as a hockey puck.
    ;):)

November 20, 2018 9:24 PM MST

Hmmm.  The way I am reading the question is:
    Your bed is the villain and you don't want to climb under the covers and close your eyes because you would be the victim of your own bed and it might eat you and you would be scared and the comforter would strap you in and you couldn't move and then you couldn't breathe and there were things moving at the end of your bed under the covers and you didn't want to put your feet there because those things weren't your socks but you are sure they shouldn't be there and where is my cat?  I need Susan to go tot bed with me!!  Please don't make me go to be without Susan.. Where is she?  I don't want to get into that bed.....
    HELP!!
    If that is the case, yes.  I have had those nights.

As a child and an adult, I am afraid of the dark and what might be looming under blankets.   I haven't touched those blankets since the morning. 
    Who knows what is lurking under them?!  I am not kidding.  We have Wolf spiders here that are harmless but HUGE!  I have a picture of a spider on our house that is bigger than your fist.  I kid you not!!!
    Everyone is afraid of the dark.  It's not something to be embarrassed about.  We just weren't built to see in the dark.
    A good reason to have a cat as a friend. Big smiles..
    No really, we all are. As children we had night lights.  As adults we have music and TV.  As we get older, we have night lights again. 

How my parents resolved my problem of getting into bed was walking me to my room, saying my prayers, and tucking me in.  I slept with the door open so I could run to their bedroom if I needed to.  They also slept with the door open.  We knew not to bother them if it was closed.  I also had a cat and and and a goldfish that kept me company. 

But above and beyond, the door open, the cat, the goldfish, and our parents door open, I had my older sister.  She always protected me. 
    Now I have Don.  And this makes me very safe and happy.
    The end. :) :) 

This post was edited by Merlin at November 22, 2018 7:58 PM MST
      November 20, 2018 9:43 PM MST

;)

;)

November 22, 2018 7:58 PM MST

I have had no nightmares in a good long time. 

I used to have doozies.  Not into describing all this now.  

It's over.  Doesn't matter.
      November 22, 2018 7:16 PM MST

I like your answer here, too, like your other one.
      April 29, 2019 8:39 AM MDT