Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » So, did this singer consciously decide,"Hey, I'm going to release a song that sounds like Adele and I'll sing exactly like Adele, too"?

So, did this singer consciously decide,"Hey, I'm going to release a song that sounds like Adele and I'll sing exactly like Adele, too"?

I know it's not important but this song irritates me to no end -- if a female singer wanted to be exactly like Adele in every way, she could do no better than this song and singer.

Give me Adele instead.
:)

Posted - November 20, 2018

Responses

Never heard of her.  Apparently, she's a Christian singer so I guess she isn't singing about her past love's like Adele.  But I agree it's a poor copycat.
      November 20, 2018 1:25 PM MST

Thanks, kjames. I didn't know she usually sings within the Christian music genre. Some others mentioned that, too.
    I'm sort of glad it's not just me who finds her voice and style very similar to Adele.
      November 20, 2018 8:15 PM MST

• "Perhaps one day, after Adele is gone, Lauren can enter a contest to honor Adele's memory."

November 20, 2018 1:32 PM MST

Oh, wow -- I'll be back to listen and watch! I'm simply too scattered at the moment to concentrate but your answer is very fun and funny! Ha!
      November 20, 2018 8:18 PM MST

never heard of that one
      November 20, 2018 1:55 PM MST

Oh. My. Word. 

Let me first say that I am a HUGE Adele fan. I love everything about her. She's a beautiful person with one of the most wonderful voices I have ever heard. You don't simply hear her, you feel her. 

Now, if I had caught this clip on the radio, I absolutely would have thought it was Adele singing. 

I am not a music guru, but I have to wonder how much a person can change his or her style. We could argue that she stole Adele's, but Adele has a very soulful, almost jazzy sound. Hers isn't necessarily unique either. It's more so the way she combines elements of soul with pop and her lyrics that make her original. There are many people who sound similar to Adele. I feel like Lorde sometimes does too. This could just be Lauren's natural "happy place" with vocals. I'm not necessarily sold on the idea that Lauren copied Adele. And, Adele is retiring. Her vocal cords are toast. She wants to focus on her family. If this chick sounds similar, I would say "bring it on" to help fill the gap. I'm a little sad she only sings Christian music because I would otherwise listen to her. 

That aside, I keep coming back to people like Lady Gaga, who have really demonstrated a range of styles. That woman impresses me to no end. So, for no other reason than to play devil's advocate on myself and to share my latest fave, here you go. :)

November 20, 2018 2:03 PM MST

Very fun answer for me to read, Just Asking. Thanks.
    With your being a huge Adele fan, I'm especially appreciative to hear that it is not just me who finds this singer very similar to Adele. I like the points you make, too.

I may not like Lady Gaga an immense lot but I agree wholeheartedly with you -- she really nails a lot of different styles of singing. For me, I may not like much of her music but I respect the voice and talent behind it.
    I've heard this song you've posted -- must be from "A Star Is Born."

And Adele -- it's funny to me -- I never really liked her too much, either. But then I heard "Hello." She COMPLETELY blew me away!! he first time I heard it -- I remember that first time - - I was literally practically speechless. One of the best songs and performances I've heard. I have yet to not be excited any time I hear it.
    And after that song, I realized how good all her other stuff is, too. 

I had no idea Adele was planning on retiring. Darn.
      November 20, 2018 8:25 PM MST

Relax. Adele is making a new album right now. My guess is she will have a very limited concert schedule (if any) 
      November 21, 2018 7:36 PM MST

Thanks, bhwilson.
      November 21, 2018 7:50 PM MST

The first time I heard this song, I thought it was Adele also. I listen to contemporary Christian music almost exclusively. That is why I remember it so clearly....I thought: That is cool Adele released a Christan song. 
    I did not know it had crossed over to top 40...that is always cool when that happens. 

I don't think she is necessarily coping in Adele...I think that is just how she voice sounds. It is simply not something you can copy a voice like that you either have to or you don't. While looking for a video to post I did see she is referred to as the Christian Adele.

This post was edited by my2cents at March 15, 2019 8:01 PM MDT
      November 20, 2018 4:41 PM MST

Thanks, my2cents -- your information was all stuff I was unaware of. I didn't know she was a Christian Music genre singer. 
    And, hey, you're right -- even though, for me, her singing style here is too similar to Adele's for me to enjoy it at all (other than, yes, she obviously has a great singing voice!), thanks for the reminder that she really has no control over the voice she was given! Ha!

I like it, too, when songs cross over.

I'll come back to listen to the song you posted -- at the moment, I'm too scattered mentally.

Thanks for a fun answer!
      November 20, 2018 8:30 PM MST

LMAO!!! you're right, she sounds just like her. A poor-woman's version! 
      November 21, 2018 3:24 PM MST

I love your answer, righty1! Ha!
    I know it's just not me thinking the same thing when hearing this song!
      November 21, 2018 7:52 PM MST

She's probably secretly mad at Adele for stealing her voice. ;P
      November 22, 2018 4:19 PM MST

Yeah!
    And she's a Christian music genre singer, so she probably would maybe be resentful to Jesus for giving the same voice to two different women.
      November 22, 2018 6:24 PM MST

Right like there is only one copy cat.

Just tune in the Voice, American Idol, America's Got Talent and there will be a bevy of contestants that sound just like her or Whitney Houston.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      November 22, 2018 6:36 PM MST

I don't watch any of those shows.
    The little I have watched those type of shows, I, too --  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      November 24, 2018 7:56 PM MST

Call me unfair and and extreme --  but this song and singer still irritate me to no end. For the same reasons I give in the question.

Why am I answering again? Because I still keep hearing this song on the radio and I always think the same thing. So. I'm here to post the same thing again.
      March 15, 2019 6:50 PM MDT

• I'll say nothing else here, other than this.  I love this song and its sentiment.  Lauren has a remarkable voice.  Yes, she does sound uncannily similar to Adele.  In some respects I suppose she can't help that.  We are given the voice we are given.  Both of those women have powerful gifts and I am proud to see each one using them to their fullest.  I am inspired beyond words and have been moved to tears by this song during many recent times of failure, brokenness, and uncertainty.  The message in this musical piece is very inspiring to me and obviously has been to millions of others So I applaud both the song's success with Grammy award wins, and its impressive sales, just as I applaud her for using her talent to be an inspiration by spreading the hope and light of a loving God.

March 15, 2019 7:26 PM MDT

Everything you say here is undeniably 100% true. I do truly realize I have no leg to stand on.

Why do I then still get so irritated with the song? I don't know. I just do.  I can't even get beyond listening to all the words. I heard it one time, the first time I heard it. And then later found out it wasn't Adele. And I let myself get irritated.

Oh, well.

Lauren and Adele are both obviously getting along fine without me.

Thanks for a good-to-read-and-think-about answer. And a stylishly cool image.
      March 15, 2019 7:44 PM MDT

• LOL.  I figured if my argument fell flat, I could still have a partial victory with that pic.
      March 15, 2019 7:56 PM MDT

Actually, I find your argument exquisitely effective. So the pic becomes a wondrous "Amen."
    And from where he has the book opened, he's no doubt reading about the lusty romance of Jonathan and David.

Besides his stunning looks and torso, I like the headphones, the hair style, his dark hair color with the yellowish hues with the reddish Bible -- they all work together well to me.
      March 15, 2019 8:38 PM MDT

I've never heard anything by this Adele, whomever she is, and have no particular interest.
      March 15, 2019 8:01 PM MDT

I'm not such a huge Adele fan so much, either, actually.
    But Daigle and Adele sound very similar to me. At least, they sound similar to me with this song I posted.
      March 15, 2019 8:30 PM MDT