Element 99
designer
PRETTY GURU
Slartibartfast
a true icon
Don Barzini
Discussion » Questions » Music » So, did this singer consciously decide,"Hey, I'm going to release a song that sounds like Adele and I'll sing exactly like Adele, too"?

So, did this singer consciously decide,"Hey, I'm going to release a song that sounds like Adele and I'll sing exactly like Adele, too"?

I know it's not important but this song irritates me to no end -- if a female singer wanted to be exactly like Adele in every way, she could do no better than this song and singer.

Give me Adele instead.
:)

Posted - November 20

• 521
    Never heard of her.  Apparently, she's a Christian singer so I guess she isn't singing about her past love's like Adele.  But I agree it's a poor copycat.
      November 20, 2018 1:25 PM MST
    2

• 9805
    Thanks, kjames. I didn't know she usually sings within the Christian music genre. Some others mentioned that, too.
    I'm sort of glad it's not just me who finds her voice and style very similar to Adele.
    :)
      November 20, 2018 8:15 PM MST
    0
  • ALF

7675
    "Perhaps one day, after Adele is gone, Lauren can enter a contest to honor Adele's memory."

November 20, 2018 1:32 PM MST
    2

• 9805
    Oh, wow -- I'll be back to listen and watch! I'm simply too scattered at the moment to concentrate but your answer is very fun and funny! Ha!
    :)
      November 20, 2018 8:18 PM MST
    1

• 21029
    never heard of that one
      November 20, 2018 1:55 PM MST
    1

• 6411
    Oh. My. Word. 

Let me first say that I am a HUGE Adele fan. I love everything about her. She's a beautiful person with one of the most wonderful voices I have ever heard. You don't simply hear her, you feel her. 

Now, if I had caught this clip on the radio, I absolutely would have thought it was Adele singing. 

I am not a music guru, but I have to wonder how much a person can change his or her style. We could argue that she stole Adele's, but Adele has a very soulful, almost jazzy sound. Hers isn't necessarily unique either. It's more so the way she combines elements of soul with pop and her lyrics that make her original. There are many people who sound similar to Adele. I feel like Lorde sometimes does too. This could just be Lauren's natural "happy place" with vocals. I'm not necessarily sold on the idea that Lauren copied Adele. And, Adele is retiring. Her vocal cords are toast. She wants to focus on her family. If this chick sounds similar, I would say "bring it on" to help fill the gap. I'm a little sad she only sings Christian music because I would otherwise listen to her. 

That aside, I keep coming back to people like Lady Gaga, who have really demonstrated a range of styles. That woman impresses me to no end. So, for no other reason than to play devil's advocate on myself and to share my latest fave, here you go. :)

November 20, 2018 2:03 PM MST
    4

• 9805
    Very fun answer for me to read, Just Asking. Thanks.
    With your being a huge Adele fan, I'm especially appreciative to hear that it is not just me who finds this singer very similar to Adele. I like the points you make, too.
    :)

I may not like Lady Gaga an immense lot but I agree wholeheartedly with you -- she really nails a lot of different styles of singing. For me, I may not like much of her music but I respect the voice and talent behind it.
    I've heard this song you've posted -- must be from "A Star Is Born."
    :)

And Adele -- it's funny to me -- I never really liked her too much, either. But then I heard "Hello." She COMPLETELY blew me away!! he first time I heard it -- I remember that first time - - I was literally practically speechless. One of the best songs and performances I've heard. I have yet to not be excited any time I hear it.
    :)
    And after that song, I realized how good all her other stuff is, too. 

I had no idea Adele was planning on retiring. Darn.
      November 20, 2018 8:25 PM MST
    0

• 4979
    Relax. Adele is making a new album right now. My guess is she will have a very limited concert schedule (if any) 
      November 21, 2018 7:36 PM MST
    1

• 9805
    :)
    :)
    Thanks, bhwilson.
      November 21, 2018 7:50 PM MST
    0

• 11712
    The first time I heard this song, I thought it was Adele also. I listen to contemporary Christian music almost exclusively. That is why I remember it so clearly....I thought: That is cool Adele released a Christan song. 
    I did not know it had crossed over to top 40...that is always cool when that happens. 

I don't think she is necessarily coping in Adele...I think that is just how she voice sounds. It is simply not something you can copy a voice like that you either have to or you don't. While looking for a video to post I did see she is referred to as the Christian Adele.

This post was edited by my2cents at November 20, 2018 10:54 PM MST
      November 20, 2018 4:41 PM MST
    4

• 9805
    Thanks, my2cents -- your information was all stuff I was unaware of. I didn't know she was a Christian Music genre singer. 
    And, hey, you're right -- even though, for me, her singing style here is too similar to Adele's for me to enjoy it at all (other than, yes, she obviously has a great singing voice!), thanks for the reminder that she really has no control over the voice she was given! Ha!
    :)

I like it, too, when songs cross over.

I'll come back to listen to the song you posted -- at the moment, I'm too scattered mentally.
    :)

Thanks for a fun answer!
      November 20, 2018 8:30 PM MST
    1

• 1699
    LMAO!!! you're right, she sounds just like her. A poor-woman's version! 
      November 21, 2018 3:24 PM MST
    1

• 9805
    I love your answer, righty1! Ha!
    I know it's just not me thinking the same thing when hearing this song!
    :)
      November 21, 2018 7:52 PM MST
    1

• 1699
    She's probably secretly mad at Adele for stealing her voice. ;P
      November 22, 2018 4:19 PM MST
    1

• 9805
    Yeah!
    And she's a Christian music genre singer, so she probably would maybe be resentful to Jesus for giving the same voice to two different women.
    :)
      November 22, 2018 6:24 PM MST
    0

• 28326
    Right like there is only one copy cat.

Just tune in the Voice, American Idol, America's Got Talent and there will be a bevy of contestants that sound just like her or Whitney Houston.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
      November 22, 2018 6:36 PM MST
    1

• 9805
    I don't watch any of those shows.
    :)
    The little I have watched those type of shows, I, too --  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    :)
      November 24, 2018 7:56 PM MST
    0