Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you like small talk, big talk, chitchatter? What is the difference between chatter and engaging in a conversation? Does it matter?

Do you like small talk, big talk, chitchatter? What is the difference between chatter and engaging in a conversation? Does it matter?

Posted - November 25, 2018

Responses

Chitchat, which I don't particularly care for but do out of common courtesy, is basically small talk done to pass the time or a typical hi, how ya doing sort of thing. Engaging in a conversation, at least to me, means two or more folks have something of importance to discuss in a face to face, frank, and honest manner. So yes, it does matter.
      November 25, 2018 10:55 AM MST

I usually don't like to talk at all.
      November 25, 2018 11:01 AM MST

Silent type? What do you do with your ideas and thoughts and opinions and knowledge then Zack? Once you receive it does it figurative "die" with you in terms of sharing it? Are you very shy? Do you prefer your own company to that of others? Are you a loner?  Of course I used to be very shy and quiet. I've made up for it bigly. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday!  :)
      November 25, 2018 11:29 AM MST