Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » What does your phone case say about you? I know you are all *very* into your mobile/cell-phone here right?

What does your phone case say about you? I know you are all *very* into your mobile/cell-phone here right?

Oh ok I recall many on here aren't very much into cell/mobile phones... so I thought I'd tease you a little.. If you have a phone, what does your case say about you? DO you like a variety? Do you choose a particular style? Is it more just functionality you look for? I have ordered a new phone, and trying to get a new case for it.. I like a certain style, magnetic flip case with window viewer and I hand decorate it with swirls and butterflies.. but the new phone charges wirelessly and I don't think you can do that with a case with a magnetic catch.. so now I am a bit lost as to what to choose.  SO I thought I'd ask

Posted - November 25, 2018

Responses

Nothing. I don't keep my phone in a case.
      November 25, 2018 7:17 AM MST

Aww but I wanted some hints and tips about the best case! I would be too worried about it getting damaged.. I dropped my phone down the toilet once and killed it.. and another time I dropped my phone in the car park at work and it smashed the screen; cost a lot to repair it, so now I always have both a screen protector and a case. 
      November 25, 2018 7:20 AM MST

Then I'm the wrong one to ask. I've had probably seven or eight phones since getting my first one in 2000. I've only dropped a phone maybe twice or thrice tops, but never in a sink or toilet, so I don't bother with cases. I rarely bring a phone into the bathroom or kitchen.
      November 25, 2018 7:31 AM MST

My phone case is my jacket pocket...if I carry it at all.
      November 25, 2018 7:41 AM MST

Shock, horror, you don't mean... you cannot mean.... without a case?? There mere thought horrifies me :P
      November 25, 2018 9:20 AM MST

It's a flip phone. I doubt if they still make cases anymore. My first one came with a belt case.
      November 25, 2018 11:02 AM MST

• The only reason I like my phone is I can make emergency calls/texts while away from home. Otherwise, I prefer my landline.  I know, shame on me. 
    My phone cases is light blue with some lavender, light green and pink paisley design.  It's not as gaudy as I am probably making it sound.  It's super duper pretty.
      November 25, 2018 10:28 AM MST

Nothing wrong with a landline. I've always had one. Telemarketers are a problem, though, as I'm sure you already know.
      November 25, 2018 11:03 AM MST

• I agree.  The only thing that has worked for me in regard to banishing telemarket calls is answering the phone and saying, "Radiology, can I help you?".      For robocalls, if I press #2 it will almost always take me to a live person.  I tell them that they have called a radiology clinic, and advise them to remove my number from their list.   I have been doing that for over a year, and now I am down to maybe one telemarketing call a week.
      November 25, 2018 5:50 PM MST

Thanks...I shall try that.
      November 25, 2018 6:42 PM MST

Me too!
      November 25, 2018 7:23 PM MST

But a good smart phone is better. With my Google Pixel 2, I can screen incoming calls, the system asking the caller to identify himself and state a reason for calling. I can also mark any call as spam and instruct the phone to block calls from the number.
      November 25, 2018 6:52 PM MST

• That sounds great, Stu.   I am technologically challenged, and I don't even keep up with the latest tech devices.  I have an iPhone, but I think it's a very old one.   I am so bad, I would have to ask my daughter what kind of phone it is, because I have no clue.   I love my landline though.  haha
      November 25, 2018 6:54 PM MST

I couldn't imagine you having anything but pretty with a splash of lavender and light green compliments it perfectly. :) :)
      November 25, 2018 6:32 PM MST

• Aw, thank you Merlin  :)
      November 25, 2018 6:55 PM MST

not sure but i have a tracfone
      November 25, 2018 2:42 PM MST

It truely depends on what you are looking for. I just spent a crap ton of money on my new device and I can be a bit clumsy with my phone. I always immediately purchase an Otterbox case. I have dropped my device from about 4 ft before onto hard concrete and still not a crack or scratch on my device, despite my multiple drops and accidental throws.
      November 25, 2018 3:30 PM MST

Let the buyer be beware.
      November 25, 2018 6:44 PM MST

truely truly
      November 25, 2018 6:52 PM MST

Mine twinkles and winks at you constantly.  It is one many don't think possible because it is always moving.
      It sparkles and entices you to play with it all the time.  It begs to be in your hands and wants you to turn it upside down and all around.  It is dancing and doin' a jig every time you pick it up.  It rarely sits still.  It reacts to every movement you make with a flash of light.
    You can drop it on its head and turn it upside down.  No worries!  It will still make you smile by moving with a sparkle.

My phone is surrounded in Water!  That's right!
    It swims 24/7 with a happy, shiny glitter surrounding it.
    It is in a liquid that allows it to be ever changing and happy to help you any way it can.

This post was edited by Merlin at November 27, 2018 2:51 PM MST
      November 25, 2018 6:58 PM MST

I want what you're drinking...or smoking.
      November 26, 2018 11:42 AM MST

Mine is white with little pink flowers and pink bumpers to keep mister phone safe. I love those floral old lady designs.
      November 25, 2018 7:07 PM MST

Mine is a flip phone so it has no case and the only time I'm "very" into it is when I flip up the screen to answer the phone. :)
      November 25, 2018 7:19 PM MST

I have a wallet case with blue butterflies on it. 
    It is the first wallet case I have had. I usually get the hybrid case...a silicone case covered by a hard plastic type case. 
    I have never broken a phone or cracked a screen etc with this style case. 
    I also get the reinforced glass to go on top of the phone glass. But sometimes it will not work with the case. 

Here is one I had several years back. 
      November 25, 2018 8:26 PM MST