Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Have you ever handled hot peppers, then forgot about it, and then touched your private parts?

Have you ever handled hot peppers, then forgot about it, and then touched your private parts?

YIKES!

Posted - November 25, 2018

Responses

• I am excellent at hand-washing after handling any vegetable so no! Probably more a male issue anyway lol.
      November 25, 2018 1:31 PM MST

not yet
      November 25, 2018 2:32 PM MST

Don't.
      November 25, 2018 2:42 PM MST

I used to grow those cayenne red peppers for show. One day I bit one. I don't grow them anymore.  Somewhere on the 'net is a video of these two woman who were suckered into eating some of those Bhut Jolokia super hot peppers. You can see the pain as they struggle through the experience. I also read that someone died after eating one. 
      November 25, 2018 3:59 PM MST

No, but I've rubbed my eyes whiles handling peppers. Ouch!
      November 25, 2018 6:59 PM MST

No, I have not had the pain of doing such an act.  I will now make it a goal to continue living without having done such an uncomfortable sounding deed.   :)  OUCH!!
    What do you do when this happens? Rinse with cool water?  That seems like it would make it worse or blister. OUCH!!  I already said that but just the thought deserves a double OUCH!
      November 26, 2018 1:45 AM MST

Not really but close to it.  I don't have to forget to rub my eyelids or skin.  But no big deal because it does wash and rinse off and even if you don't it after a short while subsides by itself.  But even if you wash your hands can still be a residue on them which can affect you. 
      November 26, 2018 5:25 AM MST

I sliced some habaneros years ago and washed my hand...it didn't matter. There was still residue. I had to throw away the cutting board. Never again.
      November 26, 2018 5:56 AM MST

Don't think I could take up the challenge of preparing and eating anything that hot!  I stick to serranos, jalapenos, cayennes, and poblanos and their smoked versions.  Yes have to wash and hands and cutting board several times or the oils will get into anything you prepare or touch.  Same with cooking implements.  However the more you cook them the milder they become.  In general. 
      November 26, 2018 6:10 AM MST

I grow them as ornamentals. I used to just take them to school and put them on the counter in the work room. They always disappeared.
      November 26, 2018 6:16 AM MST