Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I think there is no such thing as THE SECRET OF SUCCESS . Each person makes his/her own. The MO varies. Why copy anyone?

I think there is no such thing as THE SECRET OF SUCCESS . Each person makes his/her own. The MO varies. Why copy anyone?

Who is better at being you than you?

Posted - November 27, 2018

Responses

well, in a way there IS a sort of 'secret'.....the old saying, 'a winner never quits and a quitter never wins' comes to mind right away.....and always being able to pick yourself up after a failure, and to just keep on keepin' on!!!!

and being nice to others never hurt, either, but I doubt that's always the case with some of these 'moneymakers'.....

having your own vision and, again, keeping at it will never be a bad thing to do.

Sooooooooo whether or not those are really 'secrets' is hard to say....

but just my two cents' worth!!!

LOL

:-D
      November 27, 2018 8:55 AM MST

All excellent suggestions ben. I find no fault with any of them. Thank you for your two cents'worth though I think you are being WAY TOO MODEST in undervaluing your contribution and Happy Tuesday! :)
      November 27, 2018 11:08 AM MST

well, in a way there IS a sort of 'secret'.....the old saying, 'a winner never quits and a quitter never wins' comes to mind right away.....and always being able to pick yourself up after a failure, and to just keep on keepin' on!!!!

and being nice to others never hurt, either, but I doubt that's always the case with some of these 'moneymakers'.....

having your own vision and, again, keeping at it will never be a bad thing to do.

Sooooooooo whether or not those are really 'secrets' is hard to say....

but just my two cents' worth!!!

LOL

:-D
      November 27, 2018 8:55 AM MST

The "secret of success" is that wealth isn't the only measure of success.  

November 27, 2018 10:13 AM MST

I think if you take a poll of trumpicans you may find it surprising. One of the selling points that the john of don sold them on was that as a billionaire he didn't have to rely on anyone financially. Little did they know about the Saudis and the Russians and whomever else held that very green carrot to the very prominent nose of the very corpulent john of don. Money is his everything. He lied! So? Thank you for your reply Walt! What is YOUR definition of success if you don't mind sharing it? This post was edited by RosieG at November 27, 2018 11:12 AM MST
      November 27, 2018 11:11 AM MST

I basically agree with Shuhak ... success is contentment with your life.
      November 27, 2018 11:18 AM MST

Then I am very successful as I told Shuhak. Are you content with your life m'dear? You seem to be very much so. I hope so. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      November 27, 2018 11:24 AM MST

There can be no "secret" as success doesn't mean the same thing to everyone.  The same goes for failure as well. 

We love to set up imaginary standards.  That way we have something to compare ourselves and others.  A big standard is money - the more money one makes/has the more successful they are.  Another standard is possessions - the more one has or the bigger their house (boat, car, etc.) the more successful they must be.  By these standards, no one who's "poor" is successful, or no one who lives in a straw hut (or a cardboard box for that matter) is successful.  But how much money equals success?  1 million?  5 million?  How big a mansion, yacht, car, equals success?  Striving for a illusionary goal in order to believe one is successful is futile.  It may never come
    Some equate success with happiness, but that's not true either.  So what is success then?  Success is contentment.  If, in your own mind, you think that you are successful - no matter where you may currently be on the economic or social ladder - then you ARE successful.  Can you still better yourself?  Of course. Just remember that wherever you are, whatever you gain or lose you are still successful.  Don't judge your success on someone else's.

Wise is the person who realizes that money, possessions or status don't equate success.
      November 27, 2018 10:58 AM MST

What does success mean to you Shuhak? I think I have been very successful. I raised a fine son who has a wonderful career...something one only dreams of having. He achieved it because he worked hard for it. I am successful because at the age of almost 60 I met the love of my life. I am now 81 and every day is joyful. We laugh a lot. I did not seek him but my Jim found me anyway. As for monetary success well we rent we don't own. We manage just fine. Our needs are simple. That is successful to me. What is it to thee? If you don't mind the impertinence? Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 27, 2018 11:22 AM MST

Good question.  To be honest, I never really thought about it (in personal terms).  I guess to me, success is being content.   If you think about it, contentment is much harder to attain than fortune and fame, yet it's of more value than both of those combined.
      November 27, 2018 2:31 PM MST

You are content then m'dear? I hope so! I am and it is a good thing to be. Thank you for your reply Shuak! :)
      November 28, 2018 4:47 AM MST

• Success is no secret. Neither is failure. Reaction to each is all that matters. Individuality has nothing to do with either. 

November 27, 2018 11:35 AM MST