Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » What was it your favorite pet did that made them so cool ?

What was it your favorite pet did that made them so cool ?

Posted - November 28, 2018

Responses

Your pet made me remember a poem. I do not know who wrote it.

My pet rock might commit suicide. He thinks I take him for granite.
    I think he's stoned most of the time. Now, what shale I do?
    I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
      November 29, 2018 4:17 PM MST

Good one - LOL.

easyjolene, I will save this one. This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at December 3, 2018 2:53 PM MST
      November 29, 2018 4:19 PM MST

Mine too.  He gets it often though because he sits in the window in the sun.  :):)  He likes to look outside.  Sometimes I take him out and he likes that too.  He's old so he's not much into Rock and Roll these days.  He prefers to sit and enjoy watching the flowers and the grass grow.  How about yours? ;) :)
      December 2, 2018 3:39 PM MST

Can't get a response to anything out of rocky:):) 

Take Care This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at December 3, 2018 2:53 PM MST
      December 3, 2018 9:02 AM MST

I have raised 4 dogs from puppy to death do us part and they were all cool. The dog I have now is trained to start doing that wolf howling at moon thing ever time I say beep beep beep in a high pitched voice so that makes him cool because not many dogs do that trick. Cheers!
      November 29, 2018 6:30 PM MST

What an awesome trick!  Don had a beagle once named Freebie.  He had a HUGE vocabulary.  Every now and then he'd join in with the coyotes and have the whole clan singing.  It would drive his neighbors crazy!  Dogs are so fun.  Thanks Nannose! :) :)
      December 2, 2018 3:45 PM MST

White Persian female cat.  She liked no one but my girls and me.  Grown men were scared of her.  People still talk about her....she became a feline legend.  :) This post was edited by Thriftymaid at December 3, 2018 2:53 PM MST
      November 29, 2018 6:55 PM MST

I bet!!  Persians are beautiful and a white one must have been pristine!  I bet she was beautiful and had a huge personality.  Thanks Thriftymaid! :) :)
      December 2, 2018 3:46 PM MST

I was 4yo and this fully grown short-haired yellow male cat wandered in one day. He was friendly so we fed him and called him Tom. Tom liked to sneak into my crib and I would wake up in the morning with this cat lying on my chest and purring. 
      November 30, 2018 2:59 AM MST

That reminds me of the tales of "Kingfisher."  He also was a yellow cat but he had long hair.  He came to my mom when my older sister was 4 and I was just a baby, like 6 months old.  Mom says he used to come in and purr me to sleep.  My sister would watch over both of us.  Cats have a feline magic that some people just don't understand.  Us who have experienced it, know how magnificent it can be. 
    Thanks Not Sure!!  That is a very cool story! :) :)  
      December 2, 2018 3:50 PM MST

I had a pet tortoise named 'chipper'. Each morning I would wake up and sit at my desk and she would come out of her hiding place and nibble on my toes until I gave her her morning earthworm for breakfast. All tortoises are cool.
      November 30, 2018 5:25 PM MST

All tortoises ARE cool.  Do you know why?  Because they are smarter and wiser and have been around forever.  They age beautifully... just like you.  I've never had one but know people who do.  I Love Them, too.  Big winks and smiles.  Go Figure. ;) :) 
      December 2, 2018 3:52 PM MST

Chipper died...I want to get another.
      December 2, 2018 5:14 PM MST

• When I was very young my family had a Newfoundland dog,
         named Jo-Jo, that would let me ride his horse.

(Just kidding)  "He let me ride him like a horse."  :)
      December 2, 2018 12:32 AM MST

ALF, I wish I could have had you as a friend growing up.  Now, as a Grown Up, I am so glad I do.  You are the best.   Thank you for all your fun and thoughts!  Great picture, too :) :)
      December 2, 2018 3:54 PM MST

• Thank you.  You are very kind.
      December 2, 2018 5:08 PM MST

Telling the truth comes easily.

Nice Hat!  (You know how I do Love Hats!)
    Have a Great Day!
    Hugs and Loves, 
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at December 3, 2018 2:52 PM MST
      December 3, 2018 1:33 PM MST

• We share custody of our dog with our daughter and son-in-law.   Whenever our daughter is sick, the dog will go into his toy box, pull out a favorite toy of his and lay it next to her.     He's my favorite person in the world. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 3, 2018 4:09 PM MST
      December 3, 2018 10:20 AM MST

Many of our non-human friends are much more giving and caring than us.  Even birds, sometimes are ones that really bond with their human friends.  They seem to know.  It is so cool he wanted to share and make her feel better.  Some of us could learn from this.  I think you've already "got it" but some don't.  Huge hugs!

* Inside scoop*  Trying to have people remember a happy memory was my goal with this question.  I hope I was successful.

You are an exception to the rule. 
    All my memories of our friendship will always be Happy! Happy!  And I am assuming you are of a human nature.
    Bigger smiles and hugs! This post was edited by Merlin at December 3, 2018 4:09 PM MST
      December 3, 2018 1:38 PM MST

• Couldn't agree more, Merlin.     And yes, you were definitely successful - at least as far as I am concerned - with sharing happy a memory.   Hugs right back at you. :)
      December 3, 2018 1:58 PM MST

!
    Thank you and see you soon! 
      December 3, 2018 3:00 PM MST

My grandmother's dog. A pit bull, boxer mix and her name was Lady. The only special thing about her was that she lived so very long and was the nicest dog I could have ever known.
      December 3, 2018 1:48 PM MST

I'm glad you included Lady's breed.  To the day many people generalize pit bulls.  Many don't know they were originally bred for babysitting. I've never had one but know Many, many people that do because of the trade I am in.  They are the sweetest by nature.  Sure.  You are going to get a bad apple now and then but that happens in all races and breeds.  We can't all by good.  We wouldn't have anything to balance with or compare to.  Humans, pit bulls, even golden retrievers (hard for me to believe but I'm sure it must happen) and Labradors.  The fact that bad people insisted they fight, starve them, tease them, and lock them in cages without water angered them. It would you and me, too!!!  They used their given gift (lock jaw and strength) as a tool against them.  I'm sure you know that but some who read this might not. 
    The reason she lived so long was beause she was shown love and caring through out her life.  This is a grand statement on you and your grandma.  My hat is off to all of you!! 
    Boxer has been a breed I've been interested in befriending since I was a kid and Lord knows that was a while ago. ;)  Other than the drool, I think they are beautiful looking dogs and move effortlessly.  :) :)  Thanks Zack! :) :) 
      December 3, 2018 3:10 PM MST

You're welcome.;-)
      December 3, 2018 3:17 PM MST

My Macaw spreads his wings on demand.
      December 3, 2018 2:52 PM MST