Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When someone for whom you had nothing but contempt dies I suppose you can FAKE NICE based on lies. Is that an admirable thing to do? DO YOU?

When someone for whom you had nothing but contempt dies I suppose you can FAKE NICE based on lies. Is that an admirable thing to do? DO YOU?

So you put down someone viciously constantly 24/7 while he lives and then when he dies you are enraptured by his wonderfulness and all the virtues you pretend to think he had. Everyone knows you are a big fake. Why not simply say "condolences to the family" and let it go at that? What would YOU say if you were expected to speak about someone who died whom you maligned despised while he was alive?  Why?

Posted - December 1, 2018

Responses

Those for which I have nothing but contempt, I ignore...both of them. There were three but one died.
      December 1, 2018 1:21 PM MST

I usta never have none Ele. Now I have one. When he dies believe me I will not pretend to care. I will not say anything nice.  I will ignore completely. And I will quietly and silently think "GOOD RIDDANCE!" Because then I can go back to being the person I usta be before the big cheese he came on the scene and spoiled everything for me personally. SIGH. I would not  dance a jig or laugh or throw a party or otherwise celebrate. I don't do that. I just quietly and silently think what I think and feel what I feel. I'm entitled! I'm allowed! Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 1, 2018 2:09 PM MST
      December 1, 2018 2:08 PM MST

Did you hate President Bush that much, Rosie, even though you didn't know him personally? You don't need to say anything nice about him if you don't wish to - nobody's forcing you.
      December 1, 2018 1:25 PM MST

It seems the question from Rosie is about Trump's response and plans regarding Bush and his death---Her comment to Element 99 seems to suggest Trump is the first person for whom she has nothing but contempt.

Why do you conclude she dislikes Bush "that much?"

December 1, 2018 4:14 PM MST

Because she said, "When someone for whom you had nothing but contempt dies," and Bush died last night. Not a huge leap of logic. She might have clarified it in the question, but she chose not to.
      December 1, 2018 4:57 PM MST

I was taught both logic and how to read for comprehension.

It's nice to see that "leaps of logic" may or may not guarantee correct conclusions. 
      December 1, 2018 5:31 PM MST

You can't really answer this, but if she meant Trump, why didn't she say so? The way she wrote it leaves it open to interpretation.
      December 1, 2018 5:42 PM MST

President Trump is actually behaving quite honorably, as any president does under such circumstances. He said very kind things about Bush, is sending Air Force One to transport the body to Washington to lay in state in the Capitol, and will attend the state funeral at the National Cathedral on Wednesday.

It would kill you to accept these gestures at face value, wouldn't it, Rosie? God forbid you should ever stray from your all-I-hate-Trump-all-the-time agenda.
      December 2, 2018 10:35 PM MST