Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Music » what would be the theme song of your life so far?

what would be the theme song of your life so far?

Posted - December 1, 2018

Responses

I've fallen in love with it, too. I had never heard this song until today. I listened again just now. Great song! I like his singing voice, too.
    :)
      December 4, 2018 3:08 PM MST

I love this song.  LOVE IT!!!
      December 4, 2018 9:23 AM MST

• I still have this 45.     He was an amazing poet.  I say "was", because I don't know - is he still alive?  Oh, just looked him up.   Passed in 2009.  
      December 4, 2018 9:38 AM MST

I heard this song for the first time today. Wow! Great!
      December 4, 2018 3:46 PM MST

• Yes!  I remember it was released sometime in the late 70's, because I was still in high school.  It's a timeless underrated classic.
      December 4, 2018 3:59 PM MST

I'm glad to have heard it now. I'm still thinking about it.
      December 5, 2018 2:53 PM MST

This pretty much sums it up. ...

From start to thus far :) ;)!!
      December 3, 2018 7:37 PM MST

omg! I LOVE THAT!
    I love Scott Joplin, too!
      December 3, 2018 7:44 PM MST

Huge happy thoughts!!  Thanks Welby! :) :)
      December 3, 2018 8:36 PM MST

It's definitely gotta be this one...

December 3, 2018 8:38 PM MST

Absolutely a great song and way to be bevo!!
    Big smiles!!
      December 3, 2018 8:40 PM MST

• In My Life by the Beatles.

I am quite the nostalgic person, and this song reflects not only that but how much I love and miss my dad, my grandmother, and my best friend.
      December 4, 2018 9:08 AM MST

So strange.  When I just woke up I was thinking of a very troubled but smart individual I am close to.

The Fool on the Hill came to mind. The loneliness and self-imposed isolation of a mind that cannot comprehend how to cope with life as it is.

December 4, 2018 9:17 AM MST

• I love that song, Poisoned.   It's kind of sad though.   There is definitely a difference between being an introvert and enjoying alone time (that's me) and being lonely. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 4, 2018 3:47 PM MST
      December 4, 2018 9:24 AM MST

December 4, 2018 9:23 AM MST

To be honest, I'm more interested somehow in what other people are sharing here, as opposed to answering your question myself.
    I hope to listen to some more songs people have mentioned -- I'm back to work, though, in a second.

But to answer for me --

I'm going to answer with two songs; both songs are part of my inner being, it feels like.

"Ode To Billie Joe"  Bobbie Gentry --

my favorite song I've ever heard. I first heard it as a very young child and was hooked on it and listened over and over. Yeah, some might think it a morbid song for a child but I specifically remember as a young child at how much I adored the lyrics (they moved me intensely), the strings arrangement (sounding so good with the guitar), the music and singing -- Bobbie Gentry can do no wrong.

So, as far as a life theme song --besides the ENTIRE Mamas and the Papas' music catalog, no other song has been a part of my life for so long. For me, it still remains the best song I've ever heard.

and

'In Paradisum', the final movement of Gabriel Faure's "Requiem" --

I stopped breathing the first time I heard this song. I remember thinking on that first listening that this might be the most beautiful music I had ever heard. That still may be true for me. It has changed my life, in that a composer created such ethereal and out-of-this-world gentle beauty. And, length-wise, it's such a short piece of music.
    A life theme song -- it betters my life by just existing.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at December 4, 2018 3:28 PM MST
      December 4, 2018 3:23 PM MST