Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Sad but true. In the garden of life some are wired to focus on weeds/thorns/insects. Others focus on the flowers/fruits/vegetables. You?

Sad but true. In the garden of life some are wired to focus on weeds/thorns/insects. Others focus on the flowers/fruits/vegetables. You?

Mom focused on what she didn't have, What she lacked. What she wanted. What she always longed for but never received/attained/achieved. My dad, on the other hand, always focused on what he had and was perpetually grateful/thankful for it. As a result he was content. As a result she wan't so much. Luckily my baby sis and I take after our dad. After whom do you take or were both your parents on the same page vis a vis appreciation and gratitude?

Posted - December 3, 2018

Responses

Well, since the fruits and vegetables are all poisoned, I think the weeds are not so bad after all.

Things are not as black and white as all that.

I'm learning a lot about the state of the food on this planet, since my body is forcing the issue upon me.  

So, I'm sorry if this is a little off the beaten track but I am warming up with a message I need to spread even to the unconscious among us that want to put this on the back burner.

This issue is even more important than Donald Trump.  We can see his fat lard being fed daily by his bad diet, but the bad news is, we are eating denatured food that is almost as dangerous.  Even if we go in the store and eat fruits and vegetables.  Even if we eat it raw.  

We are eating irradiated garbage that has zero nutrition.  And if it is organic?  Who knows what type of soil it is grown in?  Do we know?  You'd better start eating food like it is your last meal, people, because it very well may be.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 4, 2018 5:42 AM MST
      December 3, 2018 5:57 AM MST

You ignored the roses Sharon. Some focus only foreverly on the thorns, never the beauty of the flower nor the fragrance if you fortunate to find fragrant roses. Are you not a flower person? We have a friend whose goal it is to grow at least 75% of the food he eats. I think he is about at 60% last he told us. Yes he has extensive land and a lot of money to spend and he has orchards with fruit trees and a vegetable garden and sometimes brings us avocados or tomatoes fresh from his garden. I don't know how many folks like him there are but he controls what goes into his soil. Of course he cannot control what goes into the air. How much air pollutants affects the food he grows I do not know and I'm gonna ask. The point is some always focus on what they lack and spend their entire lives complaining about it while those whom I trust are much happier people focus on what they have and count their blessings. A garden was just another metaphor. Thank you for your reply.
      December 4, 2018 5:47 AM MST

But there would be no flowers, fruits, vegetables with out the weeds and thorns and insects!   They are all vital parts of the whole. 
      December 3, 2018 7:32 AM MST

• I'm practical and realistic enough to understand that both are out there and you'd better know how to navigate through it all. To really live, you must first nearly die, giving up the need to say I. 
      December 3, 2018 7:48 AM MST

Goodness {I} hope not!  Or then perhaps {I} am not really living. This post was edited by officegirl at December 3, 2018 7:54 AM MST
      December 3, 2018 7:53 AM MST