Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Have you ever found yourself 'wakening up' to something you were never much aware of before?

Have you ever found yourself 'wakening up' to something you were never much aware of before?

I remember wakening up to the world of cartoons when I was very young during the late 50's.

Posted - December 3, 2018

Responses

Yes.

December 3, 2018 11:12 PM MST

not that i rennennber
      December 4, 2018 1:54 PM MST

Yep.
    Too many times to count.
      December 4, 2018 5:44 PM MST

Yes.  :) :)
      December 5, 2018 11:33 PM MST

There is always something interesting to  learn about and feel the experience. 
      December 5, 2018 11:38 PM MST

I agree dear Kittigate.  I did leave that as an abrupt "Yes."  I'm sorry.  That is so unlike me.  We were watching "Rudolf" on tv and I didn't elaborate.  Please allow me to continue.
       Yes.  One day when I was about 9,  rollerskating was the "in thing.  I was too young to go to the rollerskating rink by myself and both my parents worked so I didn't get to go a lot of the time when my sister and my friends did. :(  I wanted so badly to learn how to skate backward.  I tried and tried to get the courage to do it for what seemed like forever around the neighborhood. I had more bruises on my bottom than I would ever admit but went to bed every night frustrated. 
    Somewhere in the night, I swear I was taken to the skating rink.  I felt I was there, I'm not kidding, disco ball in the middle and I felt I was there.  I could smell it and hear the hustle and bussle and I had on rented skates.  (Not the kind that I had at home.)  They weren't a perfect fit but and I had a blister on my right heel and while I was there, I could feel the rented skate rubbing up against it. 
    That didn't stop me from skating though and I skated and skated and skated around that rink.  I stopped and got a lemonade and leaned up against the wall and then I started to skate backwards like it was nothing.  I could FEEL it.  I WAS doing it.
    The next morning I had no frustration and I couldn't wait to put on my skates.  When I put them on, I turned right around and from that day on skated backwards perfectly!  It was like I was transported through time and space and learned how to skate and I could.  It was fantastic!!   
      December 6, 2018 12:35 AM MST

Well that was quite some great experience having a dream that inspired you to accomplish your desire to skate backwards with complete confidence. 

Many years ago I 'wakened to' the pleasure of doing crossword puzzles and even dream about doing them and sometimes awaken from dreaming- a bit frustrated that I was unable to finish filling in a word I was doing. Also wakened to Q & A sites (answerbag in particular), dreaming doing Qs & As and awaken in the middle of typing something. 
      December 6, 2018 6:28 AM MST