Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Humor and Jokes » Parents, just for fun, if your child(ren) had to see a therapist about your child-rearing skills/habits, what might be the main complaint?

Parents, just for fun, if your child(ren) had to see a therapist about your child-rearing skills/habits, what might be the main complaint?

Humorous answers only, please. 

~

Posted - December 4, 2018

Responses

i dont have kids
      December 4, 2018 1:51 PM MST

Today, I am sporting a big letter "F" on my left hand. It was written in blue Crayola marker by my 10-year-old. That is my grade as a mother. I committed a number of horrific offenses this morning, but the straw that broke the camel's back was forcing my son to take breakfast with him even though he wasn't hungry. A also committed a number of pre-coffee snafus, such as suggesting I put butter on a cinnamon raisin bagel (everybody knows he only eats plain bagels that way and cinnamon bagels plain). And, I gave them just 15 minutes to complete their 5-minute walk to the bus stop as a result, thus making them horribly late and essentially ruining their whole entire lives. 

I further plan to hunt down that blue marker before they make it home and convert my "F" into an "A," then attempt to convince my daughter that she, in fact, gave me the "A" because I deserve it for being so awesome. 
      December 4, 2018 1:55 PM MST

December 5, 2018 5:04 AM MST

I can do nothing but smile and say, "Isn't it great you gave them the creative gene." 
    ;) ;)

December 5, 2018 8:44 PM MST

I don't know if there is enough time left in the day to redeem yourself from those depths... It might take more than just one afternoon!!
      December 9, 2018 6:50 AM MST

Silly, all it took was a single line drawn by the blue marker and I had an "A" again. Easy peasy. Redemption in seconds. 
      December 9, 2018 12:51 PM MST

My child is 46 and she still sees a therapist monthly and I know I had something to do with it.

We are great together now, but her childhood was compromised.  She felt alone and abandoned and I did little to assuage that fear.  I had no tools back then to even know she was in pain.

I was self-absorbed totally.

She started going to a shrink when she was about 10.  I could not see a problem at all.  

So, I was a jerk and did not even realize it.  
      December 4, 2018 2:32 PM MST

I'm glad that you two have each other today.
      December 4, 2018 4:19 PM MST

The humor warning escaped you completely, right?

:|
      December 4, 2018 10:15 PM MST

Are you being a little hard on yourself?  Part of life is feeling alone and abandoned and no way that can be avoided no matter who our parents may be. 
      December 5, 2018 5:34 AM MST

• Let's see, where shall she begin?

I was overprotective, controlling, bossy, mean when I would keep my word and discipline her after at least one warning.. I am sure I could think of more.
    How dare I behave like a parent and parent her.
      December 4, 2018 7:29 PM MST

Lav I am Shawked, absolutely Shawked
      December 5, 2018 5:21 AM MST

• hahah yes, Imagine that!
      December 5, 2018 8:00 AM MST

They just had their first birthday a week and a half ago but 17 years from now they're going to complain to their therapists about how I was the best mom.  They'll feel left out when all the other adult kids complain about their moms because they won't have anything to add to the conversation.  I just know that's how it's going to turn out! 
      December 5, 2018 3:22 AM MST

December 5, 2018 5:04 AM MST

Let me see my oldest two (25 & 27) will say I was a Helicopter parent making sure Homework, Chores and other tasks were completed.  Rules are rules and not to be broken.  Respect is to be given at all times.  They will also say their lives were ruined when home life outranked sports.  They also will complain about their Full Ride Academic Scholarships and no Debt University degrees

I do admit I was a single Parent and a dammed good one, not their friend.

The youngest two (Twins 2's) are being brought up under the same rules and restrictions.  Amazing
      December 5, 2018 5:27 AM MST

!
      December 5, 2018 8:46 PM MST

Why, OH WHY for Pete's sake could they have just adopted??!!!??
      December 9, 2018 6:48 AM MST