Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Would YOU ever knowingly go someplace you know you're unwelcome? Why would anyone do so?

Would YOU ever knowingly go someplace you know you're unwelcome? Why would anyone do so?

Posted - December 4, 2018

Responses

Well I guess sometimes we have to don't we?  Maybe as part of our job.  But I would not want to certainly. 
      December 4, 2018 9:20 AM MST

• Yes, I have.  My best friend was married to an abusive idiot, and he HATED it when I would go to "his" house to visit with her.   I didn't care though. I had known him since I was about 15 years old, never liked him, never trusted him.   He hated me, because he was jealous of my friendship with his wife ( I had known her since Kindergarten).    It was awkward sometimes, but I never let that stop me from going over there.   I always called him on his crap, which was another reason he hated me.  
      December 4, 2018 9:34 AM MST

YOU WERE WANTED and NEEDED by your friend lavender. He doesn't count. She does. Thank you for your reply and condolences to her. Did she survive his crap? :)
      December 4, 2018 10:35 AM MST

• Thank you, Rosie.   Yes, about 8 years before she passed away, she left him.   Strangely enough, they became friends after, and he never laid a hand her after their divorce. He even helped her when she was ill.   That doesn't excuse his verbal and physical abuse while they were a couple, but people can change if they choose to.  I don't speak to him, but I have had to learn to forgive him.
      December 4, 2018 10:50 AM MST

The evil that folks did will never be erased no matter how they comport themselves ever after and no matter how regretful they are. Never. All they can do is to stop building up more crap to dd to the crap they already did. They are still what they were when the did the evil. In my opinion. SIGH. Thank you for your reply lavender.
      December 4, 2018 12:49 PM MST

• Well said, Rosie.  I could not agree more.
      December 4, 2018 12:58 PM MST

Fortunately, I haven't ever been in the position of having to go somewhere I knew I wasn't wanted. 
      December 4, 2018 9:59 AM MST

Me too neither L. Nor would I ever do so KNOWINGLY! Thank you for your reply! :)
      December 4, 2018 10:36 AM MST

:)
      December 4, 2018 10:43 AM MST

I only go were I am welcome these days. But sometimes gangs or the mob will go were they are not welcome  but it's a what you going to do about it thing. Cheers!
      December 4, 2018 10:16 AM MST

Surely you don't have a problem with gangs or THE MOB on your beautiful Canadian Island do you Nanoose? I sure hope not! Thank you for your reply. I never knowingly go where I'm unwelcome and if I feel unwelcome I leave and never return! Suits me to a T! :)
      December 4, 2018 10:38 AM MST

Ya we have gangs and mobs and a hate groups but were working on a plan to get rib of them.  What we don't have is a National debt  - Canada paid that off last week and I am proud about that. Cheers!
      December 4, 2018 10:50 AM MST

That is way AWESOME m'dear! Your government is guided by smarts. Our government since January 2017 is guided by needy greedy seedy creepy. No competition there! Thank you for your reply Nanoose! :)
      December 4, 2018 11:04 AM MST

Ya I made a mistake - Canada still has a tiny National debt. Cheers!
      December 4, 2018 5:42 PM MST

Hello Nanoose,
    How did you come up with the idea that Canada has paid off its national debt...
      December 4, 2018 11:27 AM MST

Not sure but today well I was supposed to be working I thought about it and remembered it's actually just British Colombia not Canada. Cheers!
      December 4, 2018 5:37 PM MST

Maybe.
    It would depend on WHY I was "persona non grata" ... and if I wanted to be petty.  

Of course if they really didn't want me there, they wouldn't have to let me in.  
    I don't understand people who think just because someone knocks on their door or calls their phone, they have to answer.
    I don't care if I like someone.  If they show up to my house uninvited or without planning ahead with me - I'm not answering the door.
    Well ... I'll make an exception for Publishers Clearing House Prize Van.  But once I get the big check, they're out.   LOL
      December 4, 2018 1:51 PM MST