Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » When you were 15 years old, what was one of the most important things to you, and when you look back at that thing now, how important is it?

When you were 15 years old, what was one of the most important things to you, and when you look back at that thing now, how important is it?

~

Posted - December 5, 2018

Responses

I wanted desperately to fit in in the world.  To know there was a way I could do that and in so doing be happy about myself. I really did not think I mattered a whole lot.  Well now still important only along the way I learned how to do that despite my shortcomings.
      December 5, 2018 5:46 AM MST

being able to bring friends honne but nny parents would never let nne
      December 5, 2018 9:44 AM MST

I guess I'm the exception. I was pregnant and a new mom at 15. O_o My priorities were caring for my son followed by school. And, I'd say my priorities are exactly the same now, just with more small human people to care for. 
      December 5, 2018 10:30 AM MST

!!!!!!

WOW.  Just WOW.  That made you grow up FAST and RIGHT.
      December 5, 2018 11:19 AM MST

Wait . . . human people?  That's redundant!

~
      December 5, 2018 7:32 PM MST

WTF, you've never heard of human animals? LOL.
      December 5, 2018 8:31 PM MST

School ... girls ... it was a toss up.

LOL

Looking back, school was more important. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at September 8, 2021 6:49 AM MDT
      December 5, 2018 10:43 AM MST

When I was 15.  I was beautiful, but did not realize it.  I was always worried about my appearance over anything else.   I was obsessed with being popular.  I had a ton of girlfriends who were the ones who also thought that looks were everything.

I did have a brain and a soul and continuously researched what death was and what was the point of being here.   I did not have many discussions with any girlfriends about this, much less boys.  No one understood what I was worried about or why it mattered.  We all thought we would live forever back then.

One night when I was 15, I woke up suddenly.  But I was not awake. I was fully conscious and all of a sudden my body floated out of my physical form.  I almost died of a heart attack.  I had no idea what this was.  Never studied anything about astral travel and would not have understood what it meant.

But there I was above my body and I just kind of froze inside.  I did not want this experience.  I tried to get back in my form and my body floated over to the wall and kept bouncing off of it, like it was too solid to pass through.   Then all of a sudden it was above my form and just re-entered.  

I woke immediately since I was not really asleep anyway.  That is it.  I don't think I ever astral-traveled again.  Maybe, once or twice, but it never amounted to much.

I mention this because after that, searching for answers as to why we are here and how to find out more, was always my first priority.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 24, 2021 8:09 PM MDT
      December 5, 2018 10:55 AM MST

Maybe you can answer this for me, Humble Flawed:  There are several UTube music videos that promise to help you open your third Chakra.  If I ever reach that state what will I see?  What does it all mean? How does music make that happen?
      December 5, 2018 9:09 PM MST

Incredibly fascinating.

I miss you a LOT.
    :)
      August 24, 2021 8:12 PM MDT

Sorry, I can't remember back that far.
      December 5, 2018 6:54 PM MST

When I was 15 I couldn't wait to drive a car because it was fun.  Now driving is still important but it's more for practical reasons.
      December 5, 2018 9:13 PM MST

• When I was 15 years old, the only things I cared about were going to concerts, cruising the strip on the weekend, and partying.    When I look back now, I know I was a lost little girl, but I would not trade my experiences and life lessons for anything.
      December 5, 2018 9:23 PM MST

Hello there RandyD
    At that time in my life I had one goal, to become a professional musician. I played in the stage and jazz ensembles in high school along with a band outside of school. Through my high school years the band I played in was doing quite well. In the summers I went to Stan Kenton's jazz clinic as well as touring with my band. I was the youngest member of the band. We went to Canada one year and did 17 states another year, playing such places as Jackson Hole Wyoming and Helena Montana. When I got home from that tour I was greeted by my Mom, who informed me that her and my dad were divorcing and we were moving. I spent my senior year angry. When I graduated I was feeling a bit lost, so I went into the service.
    When my commitment was finished I started playing again and ended up in Reno doing some live and studio work. I thought my dream was coming true, but like so many other aspiring musicians it didnt pan out so I quit playing, got married, had kids, got divorced, got custody of my kids.
    Fast forward some 3o years. Kids are grown and out of the house. About 2 years ago, while out with some friends at a local club, the band that was playing did an "open mic" set. My friends, knowing I used to play goaded me into playing. After some razzing, I agreed and got behind the set. I had not played in so long but after all of 10 seconds the feeling hit me and I knew I had to start playing again. I put together a kit and I am once again playing. At this point in my life I have no desire to play clubs or attempt fame and fortune. We simply play for ourselves. We play in a studio and are doing some recording. We have no illusions of becoming famous, even though those who have heard us think we should...
    Feel free to correct away my good man.....

This post was edited by designer at August 24, 2021 8:11 PM MDT
      December 5, 2018 11:08 PM MST

Interesting!
      August 24, 2021 8:11 PM MDT

At 15 the standard School, Getting my chores done, and Girls.  Sports was secondary and only used to get to know girls.  In the summer of that year I did in a carnal way I got know a few girls. 

Today that is still important as well as getting my chores/work done.  The carnal desires are now with only a single partner, and when we have energy - we have young ones around.  Work  never comes in in second place. 
      December 6, 2018 9:11 AM MST

Listening to Jerry Goldsmith's original music score for the original "The Omen."

I found the movie very scary but Goldsmith's score was life-changing for me.
    I started to explore, even more and more, movie scores. Goldsmith remains way at the top of my list of great movie music composers.
    :)

August 24, 2021 8:05 PM MDT

i developed an eating disorder in my mid teens, so counting calories and losing weight
      August 24, 2021 9:00 PM MDT

Friends and music.
    I have lost track of most of those friends. We all moved to different places. And some were behaving in ways, I would not have wanted around my children. 

I still enjoy music. This post was edited by my2cents at September 8, 2021 6:38 AM MDT
      September 8, 2021 5:53 AM MDT

That comma doesn’t belong there at all. 

September 8, 2021 6:48 AM MDT