Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Isn't this site supposed to be fun sometimes?

Isn't this site supposed to be fun sometimes?

And serious at other times?

Posted - December 7, 2018

Responses

yes
      December 7, 2018 4:32 PM MST

I've learned everyone here, likes to ask questions.
      December 7, 2018 5:11 PM MST

I'm not sure.

A lot of what passes for humour here doesn't match with my sense of humour, and vice versa.

I've been in trouble with the asker a few times for giving a serious answer when a funny one was wanted - though the asker did not specify this until after I'd given my unfunny answer.
    It felt like falling into a trap - so from now on, I will usually avoid that person's questions.

I prefer the questions that seek serious answers.
    Serious is fun for me.

This post was edited by inky at December 8, 2018 1:21 AM MST
      December 7, 2018 5:17 PM MST

Seems to be . ;)
      December 7, 2018 7:24 PM MST

• I have caught myself being more serious here at times than I care to be.  Ultimately I am here for fun. 
      December 7, 2018 7:26 PM MST

Don't know about you but I can't just manufacture "fun" out of nothing.  Sorry to disappoint everybody.  I'm a serious person or rather I would say an earnest person.  I agree more with Nom de Plume.  And whenever I have fun on here it goes right by everybody. My husband gets it but he has learned to.  
      December 7, 2018 7:59 PM MST

I get it.  I used to be so serious that when I made jokes no one was ready for it and they tried to make funny lines into something serious.  Then they'd say, "That doesn't make sense."  I would say, "It's not supposed to.  That's what makes is funny."  Then they'd say something like, "Oh, I see."  Like this:

Reaction GIF: yes, nod, Christoph Waltz
    Then I'd smerk like this:

Bruce Lee Frown GIF - BruceLee Frown Disapprove GIFs

December 7, 2018 8:34 PM MST

It is, but there are lots of different personalities. I don't personally "get" all the name questions you guys have been asking, but it makes me smile when I see it because I can tell you guys are having fun with it. 

One of the things quite a few of us would do was question challenges. The way it works is, you tell me a topic I have to ask 10 questions about and I assign you a topic and you have to do 10. There's no prize. It's purely about honor. lol I personally enjoy making people talk about things I know they'd never talk about otherwise, but it's fun to see what the other person comes up with and where those questions go. I think my biggest victory was getting our trash-bag-lovin' friend to ask about games for a while. But, then I turned around and stuck someone else with trash bags. I'm trying to remember who I did that to. O_o It still makes me giggle. I always feel like I have to acknowledge this, but the challenges weren't my idea to start. A gal by the name of Princess Liz started it over on AB many years ago. Credit where credit is due and all that. 

If you want to play, give me a topic- but be prepared to accept one too. That actually goes for anyone here who is feeling adventurous. 
      December 7, 2018 10:08 PM MST

It really should!
      December 9, 2018 11:46 AM MST