Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever call someone a "hack"? What did you mean by that?

Ever call someone a "hack"? What did you mean by that?

Posted - December 8, 2018

Responses

Yes....we refer to them as Bodgers over here in England.....A Bodger is someone who doesn't or can't do his job well ....Someone who cuts corners or wants to hit and run....

My dads employed a few....most lasted only a day or so  ...rarely can a leopard change its spots or change it true colours ....:( 
      December 8, 2018 9:56 AM MST

Thank you for your reply D.  I LOVE how you Brits label things and people. HACK is dull boring vanilla. But BODGER? The ARTFUL DODGER? See how much fun it is to say? Jolly Roger Dodger Bodger. A rainbow of colors! Nifty! :)
      December 9, 2018 4:12 AM MST

My dads an Artful dodger Rosie....I would say all his kids are....lol
    We have funny names for so many things and it changes vastly depending on what city or area of the country you live in....Accents also change and are noticeable just fifty miles from London....

We have peolple called Amiable Rouges .....they tend to steal off of people that legally steal...they are normally very likeable fun  characters...   Mostly all trustworthy as well..
      December 9, 2018 5:41 AM MST

You mean like Robinhood who stole from the rich and gave to the poor? I LOVE them! Give the cheaters rogues liars a taste of their own medicine. Fair is fair methinks. Reciprocity rocks. Two-ways streets are always better than dead ends! Thank you for your reply D! :)
      December 9, 2018 5:44 AM MST

Exactly that Rosie....You'd be supprised at how many there are....:) Most all are good hearted people ....
      December 9, 2018 6:01 AM MST

I would say so! Heroes at the very least. Setting about to make things right..balanced..fair! A very purposeful life I'd say! Thank you for your reply D! :)
      December 9, 2018 6:05 AM MST

I dont call people names. Its wicked.
      December 8, 2018 10:12 AM MST

What's the point of having a Nice name then ...:( 
      December 8, 2018 10:29 AM MST

:):):)

LOL good point. ;))
      January 26, 2019 3:22 PM MST

:) 
      January 26, 2019 3:37 PM MST

Taxi drivers are called hacks in NYC.
      December 8, 2018 10:16 AM MST

How wierd.....We refer to them as Parisites over here in London.... A Three mile ride can often cost more than £30 
    They all pleade poverty as well....:(
      December 8, 2018 10:26 AM MST

:):):)

It happens to be true Rosie...:(
    We have private hire cabs normally called Mini Cabs .....they were just car drivers that part time worked as private hire drivers....now they are as expensive as our Black Cab Taxi's ...
    We have Uber over her that employ rapists drivers....they to are as expensive or more sometimes than black cabs...:(
    They make more money than qualified Tradesman....yet all plead poverty  :( This post was edited by Nice Jugs at December 10, 2018 6:32 AM MST
      December 9, 2018 5:43 AM MST

I've read of rapist Uber drivers here in the states D. I mean the woman is trapped alone with a guy and if he is one of those who have rape in  mind 24/7 it's a perfect situation for him and a dire one for her. Just another way to do harm to folks. I wish there were fewer of those and more of their opposites. Thank you for your reply! :)
      December 10, 2018 6:33 AM MST

No matter what their jobs ....perverts will find any way to abuse the less stronger ....
    In Australia at the moment ....The highest RC Australian church Cardinal is facing rape and molestation of young childred and girls to I think.....it's been going on for ages and the RC church refuses to do anything about it....
    From 1973 onwards he's been systematically doing stuff to kids girls and boy alike I think....
    The guy should die for his crimes 
      December 10, 2018 7:02 AM MST

I CAH N'T STEND IT D! We thought the pedophile church thing was pver and done with and in the long ago of yesterday but it is here and alive and doing very well in our today worldwide. Almost daily you read of another one biting the dust. More coverups. More abuse. The church may be a haven for the devil. Why else is so widespread and going on for centuries or thousands of years? Like camps for children or schools. Or nunneries for that matter. Anyplace there are the vulnerable these devil men ply their trade. Death is too good for them. Much too good. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      December 10, 2018 7:08 AM MST

Anywhere where children go Base ball ,foot ball places in England....homes for orphan children ,government detention centres everywhere children are at risk....
    The Vatican in Rome hides and protects perverted priests ....they have never given up one although they have been ordered to....
    The Catacombs under the Vatican go on for many miles ...They hold documents not seen or touched or viewed for countless centuries yet no one is ever allowed to delve into them.....
    i wonder why.....The Vatican protects all its pervert priests....no matter what theyve do or ho many life's they have ruined...
    Their motto is...if your a pervert and you know it join our club...
    Good news Rosie...Cardinal George Pell in Australia No 3 official nonce in the world of the Roman Catholic is in court right at this moment.  Lol 
      December 10, 2018 10:59 AM MST

Some seasoned prison correctional officers are called hacks. This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at December 9, 2018 4:13 AM MST
      December 8, 2018 11:42 AM MST

I'm guessing it ain't a compliment Beans/SG. Right? Shoddy or second-classmaybe? Like maybe the folks who write for The National Enquirer are hacks? I'm gonna ask! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      December 9, 2018 4:14 AM MST

One who knows the rope but is just there for their pay - not looking for any promotions while waiting for retirement...  Happy Sunday - backatcha:):) This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at December 9, 2018 2:26 PM MST
      December 9, 2018 11:40 AM MST

Doesn't sound like a very good employee to me. Gives the least he can give.  Doesn't sound like a very happy person either. Takes no pride in his work nor does he  derive any joy from what he does. That sounds like HE** to me personally. Grinding it out day after day after day? OY VEY!  I've always loved every job I ever had. Lucky  me. Have you been lucky to Nanoose, job-wise? Thank you for your reply! :)
      December 9, 2018 12:45 PM MST

I first knew its meaning to cut something with a hatchet into big chunks and ferociously.
    It has since taken on a new meaning. With the tech industry, it means someone who is sly and can outsmart some computers.  If you combine the two, it makes a new definition.  

To me, that would be Paul Bunyon with an Einstein brain. 
    I know both types but have never wanted to meet or met (physically) anyone who filled both shoes.  No.  I've never wanted to, or called anyone, a "hack." This post was edited by Merlin at December 9, 2018 4:15 AM MST
      December 8, 2018 12:05 PM MST