Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What kind of eccentric thing(s) would you like to do if you had tons of money?

What kind of eccentric thing(s) would you like to do if you had tons of money?

I'd like to buy a decommissioned aircraft carrier so my nephew and neices' kids could have fun flying their kites out in the middle of the ocean. 

(I don't have my own children or grandchildren)

Posted - December 9, 2018

Responses

Being able to help others that are making the world a better place.  Paws or a Cat Colony rescue I know of do amazing things for animals.  There is also a ministry that helps the homeless that would be nice to give to.  
    As far as myself, IDK, I have to think about it. 

This post was edited by . at December 11, 2018 11:33 AM MST
      December 10, 2018 2:24 AM MST

Here's what I came up with for myself.  A roller skating rink with a harness from the celing to keep me upright until my muscles develop, so I won't fall. My back is not in the greatest shape.  It would have to be accessable to the public somehow because it could double as a place for children who are disabeled, to learn to skate, or at least have the skating experience. 
      December 11, 2018 10:53 AM MST

I don't need a dime to do eccentric things.  

Eccentric is a state of mind, not money.

If I had money, I would try and be very non-eccentric by doling it out to people who can make things matter for more people.  I would try and spread the news that we need desperately to clean our soil and air in this land of ours.  America is total poison.  That is why we have such rampant terminal diseases that did not really exist as much in prior centuries.

December 10, 2018 2:28 AM MST

Invest in fusion and FTL research. I like people who listen politely while others tell them that it can't be done and why -- then do it.
    "I told Wilbur and I told Orville and now I'm telling you - that contraption will never work."
      December 10, 2018 3:04 AM MST

This is about the internet searches for wall-to-wall tildes and tilde-patterned carpeting that I've been doing, isn't it?  Grrrrrrrr. 
    ~
      December 10, 2018 7:52 AM MST

That is the kind of unique sort thing which could make it into Ripley's Believe it or Not material. 
      December 10, 2018 9:41 AM MST

• Open up animal shelters throughout the US, as well as buy bigger property and build tiny houses for ferals and other strays on my property.  Yes, I would be the crazy cat, dog, animals of any kind lady. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 11, 2018 11:33 AM MST
      December 10, 2018 9:45 AM MST

not sure right now
      December 10, 2018 1:43 PM MST

Not eccentric - I'd buy lots of pristine land and preserve it for me an future generations of my descendants.  
    Eccentric - If I had money left over, I'd build a house on the seafloor somewhere, possibly in a pacific atoll.   I'd really learn how to hunt underwater but I'd have to have a house on land nearby so I could spend some time in the sun and enjoy being outside without getting wet.  Maybe an old oil platform above the submarine house would serve that purpose.  
      December 10, 2018 8:18 PM MST

I'd rebuild answerMug. lol It probably doesn't sound eccentric to you guys, but try explaining that concept to someone who doesn't use Q&A sites. My conversations about aMug to outsiders usually goes like this...

Them: What do you do for fun?
    Me: I run a Q&A site.
    Them: Oh. Is there money in that?
    Me: No, but a lot of people enjoy it. 
    Them: What do you do on it?
    Me: Ask and answer questions.
    Them: I don't get it.
    Me: It's a really great outlet because... (looks at them, realizes they're now staring at their feet, looking at their watch, or scrolling through their phone...) there's lots of cool people and interesting discussions.
    Them: That's nice. So, you're saying you don't leave the house much, ever, right?
    Me: No. -_-
      December 11, 2018 11:42 AM MST

I tell people they can ask questions about anything on their mind or read the questions and give their opinion about things. Seems most people are just happy mostly playing games or whatever else for entertainment. 
      December 11, 2018 12:15 PM MST