Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If you discovered you were the only person who disliked president Trump would that inspire you to try find something to like about him?

If you discovered you were the only person who disliked president Trump would that inspire you to try find something to like about him?

Posted - December 10, 2018

Responses

Well I think we can all find things to like about someone if we are willing to look for them.  After all people are just people and you know the old saying about judge not lest you be judged!   But I think once people hate they look for ways and accomplices to deepen and increase their hatred which of course in politics you are always going to find. 

I sort of admired Pres. Trump as a businessman before he got into politics.  But thought no way could he be elected because he was just not a public servant. Though ended up voting for him myself because he was the only candidate to uphold even somewhat traditional conservative values.  I guess what has surprised me just as much as his election has been the way so many I guess Democrats are so offended by him.  When really there is nothing unusual about him and so many who choose the play the kinds of big games he has are so like him. Its like they are keen to heap everything possible on him and blame him for just everything under the sun.  Which of course says more about themselves than him.  Still when you decide to bash people in the way that he does you have to expect to take it as well as give it out.  Which I'm sure he does.  I would guess he sees all this as basically fun and if he can make any positive differences so much the better.  He certainly did not need this for his career.
      December 10, 2018 7:55 AM MST

When you say he's blamed for everything under the sun, do you mean in the same way as he blames Obama and Clinton for everything he deems wrong with America?  There isn't a day that goes by that he isn't calling people names, denigrating Obama who, by the way, engineered us out of the 2008 recession, bad-mouthing anyone who disagrees with him.  What conservative values is he upholding?  Republicans are supposed to be careful spenders.  Trump has cut taxes for the people who need it the least, which will add billions of dollars to the national debt, something which he called out Obama for doing, and he is likely to get us into yet another recession.  Companies are still leaving here to open in China or some other country more beneficial to their bottom line and GM is letting 14,000 people go.  The jobs he was supposed to save at Carrier weren't nearly as many as everyone was led to believe.  

In my personal opinion, he doesn't have one redeeming quality - not one.
      December 10, 2018 1:13 PM MST

But to be fair, it's not as if you know him personally, so you're judging from afar. The fact is that he was a very effective candidate who ran a smart campaign. Whether that qualifies as a "redeeming quality," I'm not sure.
      December 10, 2018 2:19 PM MST

That's true - I don't know him personally.  As for running an effective candidate who rant a smart campaign, I'm not sure I would call that a redeeming quality.  If not for the Electoral College, he would have lost.
      December 10, 2018 4:15 PM MST

And if pigs had wings, they could fly. If not for the popular vote, he would have won. Oh yeah, he did win!
      December 10, 2018 4:33 PM MST

He would not have won the popular vote - that is a proven fact.  Clinton got almost 3 million more votes than Trump.  
      December 10, 2018 6:48 PM MST

Of course. But that's old news and not how presidential elections are decided, so it doesn't matter.
      December 10, 2018 6:51 PM MST

Unfortunately, that is correct.  Too bad.
      December 10, 2018 8:33 PM MST

it nnight but i already like hinn
      December 10, 2018 1:42 PM MST

I am getting really tired of the constant b*tching about Trump. It's only two more years. You can hold your breath that long. I held my breath about Obozo for eight years. This post was edited by Just Asking at December 10, 2018 9:28 PM MST
      December 10, 2018 1:56 PM MST

Nothing wrong with trying to find something to like about the guy.
      December 10, 2018 2:09 PM MST

And we put up with all the complaining about Obama that your side made for eight years.  
      December 10, 2018 4:20 PM MST

The only complaint about Obozo was a legal matter and he spent two million bux trying to block the case.

The only complaint about Trump is that he got elected.
      December 10, 2018 4:32 PM MST

You must have been living under a rock for 8 years if you think that was the only complaint.
      December 10, 2018 6:45 PM MST

• OH man, you took the words right out of my mouth/fingers.    Hypocrites.

December 10, 2018 6:06 PM MST

• In all of the years that Trump has been in the news, on tv, etc...there has not been one thing that I can say I have liked about him.   Just because several people like him does not mean I would be one of them.   I don't even know if when I was a child I was a "follower" of the crowd in that way.  Certainly not as an adult.   

December 10, 2018 5:22 PM MST

No. The man is flagrantly despicable. 

I seldom allow ”popular opinion” to determine my point of view. This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 11, 2018 6:57 AM MST
      December 10, 2018 5:31 PM MST

• BINGO.  You said it much better and shorter and sweeter than I did.  
      December 10, 2018 5:39 PM MST

That sums it up nicely: Despicable---Fit or deserving to be despised; contemptible
      December 10, 2018 6:26 PM MST

No I would leave it  up to him to do something grand first  to get me to start to like him. Maybe if he started a crusade  to save the environment or something grand like that. Cheers!  
      December 10, 2018 5:51 PM MST

Well, he is a master of equivocation. (to speak in a way that is intentionally not clear and confusing to other people, especially to hide the truth)
      December 10, 2018 6:23 PM MST

Indeed he is quite the BS’er
      December 10, 2018 7:28 PM MST

Hello Kittigate
    If I discovered my view on anything were contrary to Everyone else's I would most certainly re-examine the reasons I held that particular view, which may or may not change my view

December 10, 2018 7:03 PM MST

no way...
    no how...
    never...
      December 11, 2018 7:00 AM MST