Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Da prez thinks his base is stupid. He can tell any lie any time and they'll buy it. He has contempt for y'all. Y'all don't mind?

Da prez thinks his base is stupid. He can tell any lie any time and they'll buy it. He has contempt for y'all. Y'all don't mind?

Posted - December 12, 2018

Responses

• After 8 years of the narcissistic Obama, we're accustomed to being regarded as stupid. If there was a Clinton Administration right now, we'd be deplorable. Contempt, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. 
      December 12, 2018 7:32 AM MST

If he has contempt for me then why is he willing to protect my freedoms? 
      December 12, 2018 7:43 AM MST

What freedoms of yours need protecting?

EDIT:  Let me re-phrase that question.  What freedoms of yours do you think are in jeopardy that they need protecting? This post was edited by SpunkySenior at December 13, 2018 10:15 AM MST
      December 12, 2018 1:10 PM MST

:):):)
      December 13, 2018 4:36 AM MST

OK will mention a number of them which I see threatened. Some of these I guess overlap so please excuse that. Freedom of life.  Freedom of liberty. Freedom of property. Freedom of free election.  Freedom from foreign invasion.  Freedom of privilege and immunity.  Freedom to worship God as a Christian. Freedom to bear arms for purpose of security. Freedom from double jeopardy. Freedom from cruel and unusual punishments. Freedom of the states and the people. 

All those are basically Constitutional. To express them in another way - I am disturbed at all the movements now that would abridge these rights and dictate to us how we are to think, feel, and act. That would deprive us of our hard-earned property.  That demonize hard work and success or make it entirely a matter of serendipity.  While at the same time  enshrining and enobling victimhood.  That deny personal responsibility and personal choice - and thus personal freedom. 
      December 13, 2018 5:42 AM MST

• OF COURSE HE THINKS HIS BASE IS STUPID!  He has proved his contempt for them with things he has said:

Trump: "I Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/01/23/trump_i_could_stand_in_the_middle_of_fifth_avenue_and_shoot_somebody_and_i_wouldnt_lose_any_voters.html This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 13, 2018 11:29 AM MST
      December 13, 2018 10:19 AM MST

I'm not sure what movements you're referring to that want to abridge the freedoms you listed other than some fringe groups on both sides of the aisle. As for worshiping as a Christian, or any other religion, I haven't seen any movement, other than an increase in anti-Semitic acts, that are impeding how, who or where you worship. Who is telling you what to think, feel and act other than a bunch of crybabies who are offended by everyone and everything?

Unless the government exercises eminent domain, your property is still your property. In fact, if you want to talk about the government taking property, the Great Wall that Trump wants to build will, of necessity, have to take property from landowners.

Those who get an education, work hard, excel at some skill or in their chosen field become successful. Those who wait for someone to hand them something will remain at the poverty level and will raise children who do the same. Taking responsibility for one's actions is something that parents are supposed to teach their children - not the government.

I'm not sure who you believe is denying your personal choices and freedom. No one is trying to take away your guns, but there needs to be some regulation as to who is qualified to own weapons and what types of weapons are acceptable for the general public. No one outside of the military and law enforcement needs assault rifles. People with serious mental illnesses should not have access to guns of any type.

As for free elections, it's pretty much been proven that the GOP favors gerrymandering and attempts to prevent citizens from voting both by removing them improperly from voter rolls and by closing voting stations. Having said that, I believe we do need to make sure that those who are voting are citizens and that our elections are free from outside interference. We need voting machines that have paper back-up and voting policies that insure that EVERY vote, including absentee ballots, are counted. As for the states having more autonomy, I agree with you. The federal government was never meant to be as overreaching as it is.

December 13, 2018 9:26 AM MST

So we agree on many things!   The "wall" I do not support because I think it impractical.  We don't own guns but we support the right.  Many people, including presidential candidates, attack our religious beliefs.  Through "Obamacare" we are compelled to pay higher prices than others as well as to support the health care of others whose lives we have no control over.  In addition to paying a graduated income tax which I really have no complaint with). Under Obama we were audited and investigated for defrauding the government.  No wrongdoing was found because our finances are "squeaky clean".  Though we do not claim to be. 
    My understanding is local Democratic activists in various locals have stuffed ballot boxes as well as promoting early balloting so their people can vote more than once.  Most towns in the state where I live are controlled by Democrats and this is a very new thing and towns are allowing people to vote weekly up to four weeks before elections.  Which I do not recall previously. 
      December 14, 2018 5:34 AM MST