Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Girls: Would you accept this offer based on a real life situation?

Girls: Would you accept this offer based on a real life situation?

A very charming married man you know (but not too well} has two tickets to a concert and dinner in a neighbouring town, that his wife is not interested in (but you would give anything to attend), and offers to take you in her place. Would you accept the offer if you were (i) single and unattached, (ii) in a relationship?
Please answer for both cases, giving your reasons. 

Posted - December 12, 2018

Responses

not if hes nnarried cause then his wife nnight conne after nne
      December 12, 2018 1:40 PM MST

Staying away from any "appearance of evil" is in God's word. Doesn't matter how innocent it might be, it's a no go for me. There is only one person I want to be with and he knows who he is.  This post was edited by . at December 13, 2018 11:03 AM MST
      December 12, 2018 2:12 PM MST

Yes on both accounts.
    You are responsible for your own actions as is he.
    I would make sure there were no secrets.  I would ask him to call his wife and make sure she knew where he was.  NOT because he had anything sexual or wanted to hit on you.  Shoot!  I wouldn't be sending off that vibe anyway, even if I was single.  :)  I KNOW he's married and NO secrets, period.
    If I was married, which I am happily, I have gone to dinner and a show with a married man numerous times without either of our spouses.
    TRUST my dear. TRUST on every level and TRUTH leaves the world a playground not a dungeon of fear you might get caught.
    Have a great time and buy memorabilia to bring home!  Take pictures if you like.  No reason to sneak.  No harm.  No foul!!!
      December 12, 2018 2:40 PM MST

Sure. I'd tell my husband about it, and he would say, sure, no problem.
    If the shoe was on the other foot it would be the same.
    We do not have jealousy issue because the trust is solid and proven over many years. 
    We are both trustworthy irrespective of possible temptations.
    Besides, at this late stage, our libido is a tiny fraction of what it once was; 
    all our relationships are friendships and no one is likely to fancy either of us.
      December 12, 2018 3:45 PM MST

Exactly!!! :) :)
      December 12, 2018 4:39 PM MST

Nope. 
      December 12, 2018 5:26 PM MST

I agree with Merlin and NDP. If the other person's spouse knows about it and my SO knows about it and the guy hasn't made advances or behaved inappropriately, I would go. 
      December 12, 2018 7:59 PM MST

;)!  :D!
      December 12, 2018 8:37 PM MST

A little song for you Neelie to show my appreciation for the AP!!

Big Hugs and Smiles!  Thank You!! :) :)
      December 12, 2018 7:59 PM MST

• W-E-L-C-O-M-E
      December 13, 2018 2:43 AM MST

If you hadn't specified that he was "very charming", I would say that as long as his wife and my hypothetical significant other were okay with it, I'd go.  

I don't really trust people who are considered to be charming. 
      December 12, 2018 8:05 PM MST

What the hell?  No and No.  You may have no respect for yourself but do you have respect for the fact that he is married?  
      December 12, 2018 10:48 PM MST

• What makes you think this pertains to me, and not someone else?
    And even if it is me, do you have to be so personally abusive? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 14, 2018 9:38 AM MST
      December 13, 2018 4:39 AM MST

Not sure what would lead you to think anyone has "no respect" for themselves?  Are you going to dictate to them how to "respect" themselves? 
      December 13, 2018 6:51 AM MST

• I couldn't do it no matter how much I wanted to go. I would not feel guilty at all if his wife okayed it, just way too uncomfortable. Whether I was single or in a relationship.  I would be such a nervous wreck I wouldn't enjoy it anyway lol.
      December 13, 2018 1:10 AM MST

Rather than making this a "what if" I will mention that when I was single I have gone to concerts with married men, or, more usually, met them there, whose wives were not so interested in concerts in general. Just similar interests. Now I am married I go to events with my husband as we both are interested.  But sometimes we meet the same men I used to attend with when I was single. Seldom went to dinner with them.  Though can't see anything wrong with anything like that.  We can be so careful about ourselves that we don't enjoy life at all but I don't know if that is really living.  But being part of a committed couple I want to spend as much time with my husband as possible. Not that I don't meet other men at all but I keep that well on the side and limited so as not to interfere with our life together.  
      December 13, 2018 5:25 AM MST

From the other side ... When I was married, my wife had interests I didn't share.  She would sometimes go with a male co-worker who shared that interest.  I did not feel threatened, or that there was anything inappropriate with it.

If you don't trust someone, you shouldn't be in a relationship with them.
      December 13, 2018 8:58 AM MST

• Absolutely I would go.   Walt summed it up perfectly. I ditto his sentiments.   
      December 13, 2018 9:32 AM MST