Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You don't want ILLEGAL immigrants to work for you. What about AMERICAN CITIZENS who have committed ILLEGAL ACTS and are criminals? They OK?

You don't want ILLEGAL immigrants to work for you. What about AMERICAN CITIZENS who have committed ILLEGAL ACTS and are criminals? They OK?

Posted - December 13, 2018

Responses

I don't want either Rosie, but all depending on what they've done and where they come from.... :( 
      December 13, 2018 8:45 AM MST

All the crooks criminals and scumbags that don has appointed or hired shocks me. Criminals screwing we the people every which way but Sunday. As long as they're rich and white they can do or be any kind of crap they want and the don will love them..providing they kiss his a**. But a person fleeing from another country where death is certain who seeks asylum here? Well we all know they are all rapists and murderers and "not the best people". SIGH. Did you hear about the 7 year child who was taken by border police who died of dehydration and starvation? But then she is/was a "person of color" and kids having such parents aren't worth anything. They are expendable. Thank you for your reply D and Happy Friday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 14, 2018 7:50 AM MST
      December 14, 2018 2:53 AM MST

We don't hear much about what's happening on your borders Rosie...I rarely look at news papers or the news on TV....mostly all political crap for political propaganda ....
    :(
      December 14, 2018 4:36 AM MST

Why should you? You have enough of your own problems going on in your country to deal with m'dear. What's going on with BREXIT? Will Teresa May survive? How long should it take to extract your country from it and how long has it been since you guys wanted OUT? Two years? Going on 40? Thank you for your reply D!   :)
      December 14, 2018 7:39 AM MST

• I have only hired reputable workers approved by the Better Business Bureau to work for me.  Would not take a chance on anyone else!
      December 13, 2018 8:56 AM MST

So does the BBB check them out Cinders? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      December 14, 2018 2:54 AM MST

• On the BBB site lists if they are accredited and their rating.  Enjoy you evening Rosie:) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 20, 2018 4:16 AM MST
      December 18, 2018 4:43 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Cinders! :)
      December 20, 2018 4:16 AM MST

• If it weren't for the immigrants, illegal and otherwise, here in the wine country as well as most Ag jobs at least here in California, most of the wineries/other Ag businesses would be struggling or out of business especially during harvest.   I don't have a problem with immigrants (legal or not) or people with criminal records.  After doing work comp. for almost 17 years, one would be surprised at just how many there are.   Most people really have no idea...  It doesn't bother me at all. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 14, 2018 5:47 AM MST
      December 13, 2018 9:10 AM MST

Did you hear about the 7 year-old child who died of dehydration and starvation lavender? The border police had her in their custody for 2 days. I wonder how many of those who arrive are examined or need medical attention who are treated humanely? I wonder how many deaths this government covers up? SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday. All the crooks criminals thieves the don has hired seem to be quite acceptable to his adoring worshippers. But an asylum-seeker who is fleeing from certain death in his/her country is automatically unacceptable. Go figger!  :( This post was edited by RosieG at December 14, 2018 2:58 AM MST
      December 14, 2018 2:57 AM MST

No one dies from starvation and/or dehydration in two days. She had to have been malnourished long before she entered US custody and could have been too far gone by the time she was treated. 
    A very sad situation but not the border patrols fault. The faults lies with the caregiver before the child was in custody. People die all the time trying to enter illegally. 
      December 14, 2018 5:49 AM MST

• Hi Rosie -  It doesn't surprise me, but I had not heard about that particular incident.   Many of the illegals who come here for Harvest season then go back home live in camps, tent cities.  It's not ideal conditions for anyone, especially children. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 14, 2018 9:29 AM MST
      December 14, 2018 9:17 AM MST

Years ago ... when I was in middle school ... kids were bused to the strawberry fields and paid by the crate.
    It was a good way for kids to earn a lot of money during the summer.
    Then the gub'mint went and made it illegal - so the farmers had to hire migrant workers.

MY problem with people who come here illegally, is they are "cutting in line" in front of people who have been waiting years to do it legally.
    It's no different than going to the DMV, and demanding that they take care of you the minute you walk in ... before people who have been waiting hours for their turn. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at December 14, 2018 5:47 AM MST
      December 13, 2018 11:53 AM MST

What about asylum-seekers Walt? They can't wait their turn. They flee from certain death. What would YOU do to save the life of your child?  Wouldn't you do/try whatever you could think of doing? This jacka** sees asylum seekers as being equal to the gangs and rapists and murderers. He is so one-dimensional and inhumane.  I'm pretty sure he ain't human. Those who have the luxury of waiting their turn and not being murdered are lucky. My understanding was that the "invasion" of people heading for our country were running away from being killed. Now were ALL of them in fear for their lives? I have no idea. But walking that many miles and dragging your kids along certainly wouldn't undertaken lightly. Anyway thank you for your reply. I don't mind people taking cuts if  t will save their lives. Why would you?
      December 14, 2018 3:03 AM MST

I believe under the asylum laws, you can walk into the country then "wait your turn in line" here.

Personally, if there were that many people fleeing a small country due to gangs ... I'd send military special forces to deal with the gang leadership.  
      December 14, 2018 7:25 AM MST

No you can't Walt. All that has been shut down. Many of the folks in the "INVASION " that don warned us about were asylum seekers. They are being treated the same as everyone else if what I have read and understood to be true is in fact true. No one is allowed over the border. The don gave orders of engaging with LETHAL FORCE if anyone did that. For awhile the don even shut down the main entry point from Mexico to the US which Americans of Mexican descent use all the time to go visit relatives.  I guess it was openend again because all he** broke loose. I don't know what's what and neither does doofus don. "We'll see what happens". SIGH. If I'm wrong and you're right I apologize. I'd rather be wrong. Thank you for your reply!  :) The asylym seeking process has been SLOWED DOWN TO A CRAWL hoping to discourage folks from coming here. Paperwork processing has been SLOWED DOWN TO A CRAWL.
      December 14, 2018 7:33 AM MST

I did say "under the law".

So asylum seekers can "illegally" enter the country, then apply for asylum ... or they can apply from outside the country.
    They just can't be (legally) deported from the country, after they apply for asylum.

But, the law doesn't say they have to be allowed in the country just because they applied.

So they're stuck in a grey area of the immigration laws.

If you want something REALLY interesting, think on the court decisions that have said Trump can't overturn Obama's Executive Order regarding DACA.  That isn't a law.  That was just Obama telling ICE not to deport certain people, who were here illegally (according to the immigration laws).  So the courts have given Presidents the power to unilaterally and permanently create/change laws, without Congress.  I'm surprised not one member of Congress has started impeachment proceedings against those judges, for such an obvious violation of the Constitution.
      December 14, 2018 7:52 AM MST

Over under around the law is meaningless here in trumpica. If they don't rescind the laws they ignore them. The only way to clean up the mess to get rid of those who keep defecating. When that will be I cannot but I pray for it every day. Thank you for your reply Walt.
      December 14, 2018 7:58 AM MST

But Rosie, as Walt says, President Obama did the same thing with executive orders.
      December 14, 2018 8:05 AM MST

Mexico offered all of the migrants citizenship and jobs in Mexico. Under asylum law, they must stop in the FIRST country they are safe in and file for asylum. In this case, that first country is Mexico.  They have no chance in court to win an asylum claim. Most, over 80% of cases fail as it is. In these cases....100% will fail unless they can prove the Mexican government is also after them.  
      December 14, 2018 9:14 AM MST

Plenty of people are looking for illegal immigrants to work for them because they are cheaper. 
      December 14, 2018 5:36 AM MST

It is illegal to hire an illegal. So no, I do not want them working for me. 
    I also do not want a criminal working for me. I might consider them if the last crime was several years ago with no other run-ins with the law. This post was edited by my2cents at December 14, 2018 9:09 AM MST
      December 14, 2018 5:53 AM MST

I could not ever go by that.  There are so many people who have been incarcerated for little or no reason, a jail sentence is not proof of anything.  

I wouldn't hire illegal immigrants because it is against the law.  I am not going down for anyone.

I am not getting fined, and I am not going to jail.  Forget about it.

But I think illegal immigrants should be given a fair shake and allowed to apply for citizenship with no prejudices.

Give them a chance.  

December 18, 2018 4:50 PM MST