Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Names » DO YOU HAVE A FAMOUS NAME?

DO YOU HAVE A FAMOUS NAME?

not really sure where to post this!!!

my question is,do you or anyone you know have a name that's famous or that was ever used in a song title,book,movie,etc.?

I'm thinking of "Maggie May" and curious to know how many ladies have that name!!!

any name at all that's used in any form of fiction,etc.

books, music, titles of anything, etc., etc.........

I temped at a trucking company years ago and,swear to God,the head of the credit dept.'s name was Marilyn Monroe!  I asked was this for real & was assured it was.

I was also told that NOWAY would she ever be confused with  her namesake!!  not very attractive,I take it.......but that poor woman!  LOL......

Posted - December 13, 2018

Responses

Basically Yes...I'm notorious for being Nice    :)D  
      December 13, 2018 8:19 AM MST

I'll second that!  Not only do you sell gorgeous pottery but you are nice and fun all the way around.  :) :)
      December 13, 2018 9:02 AM MST

For a moment there I thought I was having yet another blonde moment when I read your reply....but sadly realized they are some things that can't  be sold and that are only fit for use by some little sucker with a hunger  for two of life's ample treasures.....

I think it's bust not two brag about such things though....:) D
      December 13, 2018 9:16 AM MST

I am busted which, of has me cracking up!
      SO True and when you've got 'um, flaunt 'um.  I know I would and nice ankles, too.
    My approach was seeing if anyone would even have the slightest flint of perhaps thinking you were selling pottery.
    Of course, I knew that was Never going to happen .... but it was fun to try and sell it, if even just for a second.."
    I love your Nice jugs just the way the are... Awesomely Perfect!!! ;) ;)  
      December 13, 2018 9:44 AM MST

• My middle name is after an actress from the 20's or 30's that no one but my mom has ever heard of. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 14, 2018 10:48 PM MST
      December 13, 2018 8:41 AM MST

how cool!!!  what is the name?  I'm a movie nut & wanna see if I know who she  was!!!!
      December 13, 2018 8:55 AM MST

• Rochelle Hudson - correction, she was an actress of the 30's and 40's.
      December 13, 2018 9:06 AM MST

I was named after a beautiful movie actress.  But that is a cover.  Here you know my true name.  Nobody believes it but I figured, what better way than to hide behind the truth!

Part of my name is a very well-known publishing company.  We all love books and to read and write.

Another part of my name is one of the smartest people I know and probably you have heard of her, too.

I am fortunate to have magic around all parts of my names for very different reasons. 
    :) :)

December 13, 2018 9:13 AM MST

no
      December 13, 2018 10:36 AM MST

My first name is the same as that of a famous rock-star and guitarist. This post was edited by Element 99 at December 13, 2018 2:14 PM MST
      December 13, 2018 11:09 AM MST

• No, there aren't too many Nevan B's out there :(
      December 13, 2018 12:18 PM MST

I guess that makes you famous.
      December 13, 2018 2:14 PM MST

I don't plan to say who it was, but I was named after a TV show character from the 70s and 80s. I have her first and last name. The concept was so brilliant and "original" I shared the same first and last name with several girls I graduated with. My first name was also the most popular name for girls several years in a row. I can think of a song that people often sing to me, thinking they're funny and original. They're not. -_- There was also a movie a few years back where one of the characters shared the same name as me and another said her name with a very thick accent. A lot of people do that when they hear my name too. It irritates the crap out of me because I hated the character. 
      December 14, 2018 10:53 PM MST