Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » What is something good for you, that gives you diarhea? (sp) What is something good that causes constipation?

What is something good for you, that gives you diarhea? (sp) What is something good that causes constipation?

Posted - December 14, 2018

Responses

You didn't mention that you were dyslexic. No need to talk down to me about it. I've known people who were dyslexic. Why didn't you just say that in the first place instead of getting all personal about it? This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at December 14, 2018 8:49 PM MST
      December 14, 2018 8:46 PM MST

• I advised you at the very beginning to refer to my older posts.  
      December 14, 2018 8:56 PM MST

But nobody does that. You might have mentioned it again here and avoided all the hoopla.
      December 14, 2018 9:12 PM MST

• You didn't have to partake in any "hoopla". You chose to. I have no control over your choices.   Next time you have an issue with one of my posts, ignore it and avoid the "hoopla".
      December 14, 2018 9:19 PM MST

If you are bent on remaining angry about this, so be it. I'm done here.
      December 14, 2018 9:28 PM MST

• I am not angry, don't be so dramatic, but you have to accept responsibility for your own choices. Don't blame me because you chose to engage in the "hoopla".
      December 14, 2018 9:30 PM MST

Says the person who was unable to graciously accept a small correction and instead started the hoopla.
      December 15, 2018 6:13 AM MST

I'm on this health regimen right now.  I am eating things that would normally give me the Hershey squirts, but to no avail   I have never been constipated in my life and now all these fruits and veggies basically are not coming out.  I am wondering how in the heck I could get constipated from nothing but juices and fruits and vegetables.  It must be the spirulina or the flax seeds or the chia seeds.  Something is causing a stoppage.

But enough about me.  I love beets too.  Very good for us.  But no going to the bathroom with them either.

As far as the rice and potatoes, that would be very unbeneficial for me, but for you?  I think if you are basically healthy, it's okay once in a while.  
      December 15, 2018 1:06 AM MST

• How is your water intake?   I have known a few people with the issues that you described, and some of them were not very big water drinkers.
      December 15, 2018 8:42 AM MST

How can something that causes diarrhea or constipation be good for you?
      December 14, 2018 1:21 PM MST

There is nothing wrong with stools that are too soft or hard.  I am not talking about cheese or something foul like that.  But some people get stopped up from the weirdest things.   

Spirulina is GREAT for you.  But it is the highest source of protein on the planet.  Thus, it causes me to get constipated.  I need to find something to balance out the amount I am consuming.  So far, not successful.

December 15, 2018 1:09 AM MST

Roughage. 

Signed, Doctor Randolph D
    ~
      December 15, 2018 4:57 AM MST

not sure since i wouldnt eat stuff like that
      December 14, 2018 1:58 PM MST

Sweet potatoes

Cheese
      December 14, 2018 3:56 PM MST

I wish sweet potatoes did that for me.

I totally agree with the cheese.  
      December 15, 2018 1:10 AM MST

diarhea diarrhea. A diabetes drug called Metformin. I had to stop taking it, and my doctor prescribed something else.
      December 14, 2018 4:13 PM MST

Start drinking lots of fresh wheatgrass and your diabetes will become far less troublesome.

I hope you consider it.
      December 15, 2018 1:11 AM MST

diarrhoea - too much fruit or dried fruit
                     sweeteners
                     too much alcohol, dairy or fatty foods - but only in some people

constipation - unripe bananas,
                        white flour, highly processed foods and fried or fast foods because they lack fibre
                        in most people, too much alcohol because it causes dehydration of the gut
                        high protein such as gluten, red meat and dairy products

December 14, 2018 4:57 PM MST

If alcohol can cause both, it isn't good for you. It isn't anyway.
      December 14, 2018 5:03 PM MST

Nothing he/she mentioned is good for you.    Not sure he/she read the question carefully.  Oh well.
      December 15, 2018 1:16 AM MST

No. That is the medical way to spell it in some instances.  But okay, if you want to go OLLLLD SCHOOL.

LOL

Why is an unripe banana one of those things you are drawn to?  This is supposed to be about something you LIKE not something that is horrible to eat.   

The other stuff you mentioned is hard to digest, for sure.  I'm not sure how this answers my question unless you actually eat this stuff.  Hope not.  

The stuff you said causes diarrhea is not something that would cause anyone else diarrhea.  Fried foods?  Really?  White flour should not cause it either.  It goes into the body like a kind of gluey mess.  Sounds constipating to me.  But, maybe it is different for you.   

December 15, 2018 1:15 AM MST

She is from Australia. That is how they spell it there, as they do in GB and Canada.
      December 15, 2018 7:25 AM MST

It's called a digraphic dipthong. Americans can't be bothered with them.
    Diarrhoea
    Oesophagus
    Foetus
    Encyclopaedia
    Paediatric
      December 15, 2018 5:08 PM MST

diarrhoea - too much fruit or dried fruit
                     sweeteners
                     too much alcohol, dairy or fatty foods - but only in some people

constipation - unripe bananas,
                        white flour, highly processed foods and fried or fast foods because they lack fibre
                        in most people, too much alcohol because it causes dehydration of the gut
                        high protein such as gluten, red meat and dairy products

December 14, 2018 4:57 PM MST

• Since when is something that causes either good for me? :P
      December 14, 2018 5:35 PM MST