Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Learn anything interesting about wild animals latley?

Learn anything interesting about wild animals latley?

Yesterday I was watching a show about Artic hares. The guy said once he was taking photos of one that was eating the carcass of another animal - I found that interesting  because I always thought rabbits were vegetarians. He also said that when the hare heard the camera shutter close it charge at him - I found that interesting because I always thought rabbits were timid. Then the guy said that after the hare got up to speed it started running at him on it's hind legs - the hare was about 4 feet tall when it was standing and it had blood all over it's face (from eating the carcass). It would probably be brown trouser time for me if a 4 foot rabbit with blood on it's face charged at me running on it's hind legs. Cheers and happy weekend! 

Posted - December 15, 2018

Responses

Ah yes, the legend of the killer bunny, famous in story and song:
      December 15, 2018 6:47 PM MST

I am cracking up!!  Just by a hare!!!
      December 15, 2018 7:59 PM MST

Well..!!!  That sounds like a real Hairy situation if you ask me........and if you did ,I'd surgest you Hop it of out of there pretty lively....or you'd be for  the high jump most likely.....  :( 
      December 15, 2018 7:17 PM MST

(it's its hind legs / its face)

Bovines cannot walk backwards up flights of stairs.

Bird cannot burp, so any food they receive from humans that causes gas in their stomachs can potentially bloat them to the point of exploding (killing them). Most birds in natural settings eat only foods that they can digest properly, but when human interference takes place, it can go very badly.

Out of all of the species on earth, humans take the longest amount of time to care for their young. Some animals do not even care for their young at all, abandoning them at birth or laying eggs and leaving them to fend for themselves. In comparison to the animal kingdom, human offspring also take the longest time to learn to walk and to be able to feed themselves.

The adult tiger is almost constantly hungry, necessitating a kill almost every single day to quell the hunger pangs.

Polar bears are not white, koala bears are not bears, hyenas are not constantly laughing, giraffes did not invent neckties nor necklaces, certain species of fish and other sea life can drown unless they surface for air, practically every species of animal has been the pet or working animal of humans at one time or another throughout history, female lions do the hunting, not males, canines and felines exist on every* five of the seven continents as natural habitants in one form or another, and lastly, some elephants and other species carry out actual mourning "ceremonies" for their dead, similar to wakes and funerals. 

*Edited for correction. 
    ~

This post was edited by Randy D at December 16, 2018 5:28 AM MST
      December 15, 2018 7:18 PM MST

It's true...I was hand reared for Donkeys years  and still take some looking after....
    I can be a real Mare at time and a bit of a Bitch when upset too....:( 
      December 15, 2018 7:30 PM MST

You're killin' me over here!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huge Giggles!!!!!!!!
      December 15, 2018 8:00 PM MST

It's not me doing that....It was Colonel Mustard with a Lead Pipe in the kitchen that's been after you four years.....:(  
      December 15, 2018 8:17 PM MST

I thought the maid was pretending to light the candle in the candlestick in the study but instead turned on her heel and killed Colonel Mustard with it instead. You may have thought he was heading for the kitchen with the Lead Pipe, but the maid saw him and clobbered him instead... It was a close call and I can see how you may have been mislead... ;) :)
      December 15, 2018 8:25 PM MST

I would Plum for Mrs Peacock with a feather or something else club like as you keep giggling so much...I under stand your giggling and think its because you've seen  his small club.... 
      December 15, 2018 8:44 PM MST

You would Plum giggle your way through if you saw his small club.  For he did try to tickle Mrs. Peacock for a giggle with a peacock feather in lieu of her giggling at his small club. 
    While distracting her with a giggle and a tickle he and his small club turned Green in all actuality.  Little did they know, Mr. Green was right by the Plum's small club and he had the rope to tie the knot....  
      December 15, 2018 9:17 PM MST

Some interesting facts but I can see your a Professor Nazton at heart. 
      December 15, 2018 7:30 PM MST

(latley lately)

I missed one. 
      December 15, 2018 7:37 PM MST

OK Professor Nazton.
      December 15, 2018 7:44 PM MST

(your you're)

If you find it necessary to hurl insults and call names, you might as well use  correct grammar and spelling. 
      December 15, 2018 10:13 PM MST

Or I can just post the way I want and keep calling you Professor Nazton.- which BTW is more of a title then an insult.  
      December 15, 2018 10:40 PM MST

(then than)

It may be a title, but it's not my title, nor do you use it in any positive way, which simply makes it name-calling. 
      December 15, 2018 10:51 PM MST

Not so. Antarctica has no endemic feline or canine life, and such exist in Australia only as introduced species, not natural habitants.
      December 15, 2018 11:43 PM MST

Thank you, you are right and I stand corrected. I have edited my post. 
    ~
      December 16, 2018 5:24 AM MST

A Komodo dragon has bright orange ovaries. You would have had to have seen the show. But, they do and the one I saw had to have surgery to have hers removed. 
      December 15, 2018 7:52 PM MST

WOW!  Now that is something I would never have guessed or known until now.  Thank you easyjolene!!  Very cool to know! :) :)
      December 15, 2018 8:02 PM MST

You're welcome!
      December 15, 2018 8:06 PM MST

Animals that were previously thought to be herbivores have been caught on camera eating birds and other small animals that can't escape. Here is one:

December 15, 2018 9:20 PM MST

That's weird I wonder if deer's always done that but were never seen doing it or it's a new evolution type of thing. The deer in my area are starting to be able to eat plants that are supposed to be poisonous to them - I wonder why they can now do it without getting sick. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 15, 2018 11:07 PM MST

• "This is why you can't outrun a Cheetah."

December 15, 2018 9:56 PM MST