Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » I say Lauren Daigle sounds just like Adele ...."You Say". if she does or don't please....I'll agree or disagree later if I see fit. :)

I say Lauren Daigle sounds just like Adele ...."You Say". if she does or don't please....I'll agree or disagree later if I see fit. :)

:) 

Posted - December 15, 2018

Responses

Welby asked about this a few weeks ago. I think she sounds just like Adele. However, back then I approved of it. Now that she’s on mainstream radio, I detest it and change the station when she comes on. It got old fast.
      December 15, 2018 6:44 PM MST

Did her really ask the same question .? ...I heard it on the radio many weeks ago and though it was great.....I thought it was Adele ,yet couldn't find it on ytube at all....Then i heard it again and found out it was called You Say.... by Lauren Dagile and was quite shocked...
    I love it and can't stop singing it...
    I think she has a great voice and love her mannerism as she sings...:)
      December 15, 2018 6:54 PM MST

I did ask a similar queston but it's all good.
    I think she purposely released that song to sound exactly like Adele and that she tried to sound exactly like Adele. Come on EVERYONE say the same thing about it.

-- I know the song by now -- and it still sounds exactly like Adele. I know Lauren can't help her own voice, but she can try a bit more- -  maybe? - --NOT to sound EXACTLY like Adele? - - complete with the obligatory Adele-Sounding piano accompaniment? --  so much so that the entire world keeps thinking it's Adele.

I'm no fan of Daigle because of it. 
    And why I let it bother me so, I don't know. Oh, well.
      July 7, 2019 6:27 PM MDT

• I have the strangest feeling of deja vu, don't you Welby? 
    It seems we've been here before.  LOL!
      July 7, 2019 8:45 PM MDT

Yeah, it does all sort of make me smile. Ha!
    I especially smile at why I let Daigle's song bother me so! Ha!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at July 8, 2019 9:26 AM MDT
      July 8, 2019 9:07 AM MDT

Does any of it really matter as long as you like how she acts or more how she sounds...:)
      July 8, 2019 1:39 AM MDT

You're very correct -- I don't know why I let all this bother me so! Ha!

I don't particularly enjoy Adele's music; she's OK, though  - "Hello" is the one song of hers that I really, really like - - and I only know this one Daigle song. 
      July 8, 2019 9:24 AM MDT

YAY!! I change the station anytime she comes on, too! Ha!
      July 7, 2019 6:21 PM MDT

I like her and I think she sounds a lot like Adele. But, as you said, her mannerisms show her the way she is, herself. I believe that if I could not see videos of her, I wouldn't like her as much as I couldn't identify her.
      December 15, 2018 7:20 PM MST

She does look good and she has/had  hair up and looks very very confident....her voice I though was special to..
      December 15, 2018 7:34 PM MST

She is very beautiful and I agree her voice is very special.
      December 15, 2018 7:45 PM MST

December 15, 2018 8:18 PM MST

You can't fake the real thing. Adele grew up in different conditions. She was perhaps not a stunning beauty in her early years, and suffered some rejection by the fellows. She has recovered nicely. 
      December 15, 2018 8:18 PM MST

I like Adele....she use to live about 5 miles from me ...:)
      December 15, 2018 8:36 PM MST

Tottenheim?
      December 15, 2018 9:28 PM MST

Tottenham.....it use to be a real nasty area if London X five years before I was born.....They had huge race riots there on the BroadWater huge ugly concrete high rise Council cheap housing estate .....It was a no go area for any tradesman and certainly not the Police......In the riots the rioting  mob  decapitated Policeman PC  Blaketon.........its still an ugly evil place yet much qui now....South Tottenham gangs use to fight gang in the bordering Hackney gangs and regularly kill each other....
    So many nasty areas of London still exist...in both north ,south, east and west areas ........places where you should walk alone at night and in the day to sometimes....
      December 16, 2018 1:56 AM MST

Sounds like Detroit. 
      December 16, 2018 7:58 AM MST

Hard to say....I've never been there...don't want to go either now,,,:(
      December 16, 2018 12:00 PM MST

not sure what to say
      December 16, 2018 8:44 AM MST

• Sort of, yes, however IMO she lacks the "soul" that Adele seems to have.   When Adele sings, it sounds like she is singing from her life, and has that kind of gut-wrenching feeling, as if she has experienced exactly what she's singing about.   I don't know about this Daigle person, maybe she sings from her heart, her life as well, I just don't get that impression though.     I am not a big fan of Adele - I know, the shame of it all.   I love her sense of humor in interviews, and I love her voice. I really want to like her music, but it's too depressing and every song sounds almost the same - the same formula.  Great voice, amazing talent,  just not my kind of music.   
      December 16, 2018 8:56 AM MST

I know what you mean...she only sings in one certain way....
      December 16, 2018 12:08 PM MST

Yes, I like Lauren. When I first heard her, I thought Adel had released a Christian song. (I listen to contemporary Christian music almost exclusively)  It does happen on occasion that a mainstream artist will release a faith song but normally it is the Christian singer who will crossover to the mainstream charts.

It took me a bit to realize I was hearing a different singer, lol. I do think people will be harder on her because her voice is so similar to Adel's voice. Claiming she is copying or trying to imitate. But that is the type of voice you cannot fake....you either have it or you do not.
    This post was edited by my2cents at July 8, 2019 9:28 AM MDT
      December 16, 2018 9:49 AM MST

That's very true I think...:) 
    I do like Lauren and the way she sings.
      December 16, 2018 12:12 PM MST

• What to say about Miss Lauren Daigle.
    For starters, I find her voice to be very powerful and emotional and musically entertaining.
    More than that though i find the message within her songs to be inspiring and uplifting
    She is a girl who is beautiful on the inside and out, and she is both talented and blessed
    and seems to have a heart that wants to sing of her thanks for all these things.
    I agree, she may sound like "Adele"  at times
    much in the same way other performers may also sound like another artist.
    I do not fault her for that.
    If anything the producers of the song bear more responsibility than she does for its likeness to Adele's work.
    For me, I much prefer Lauren Daigle over Adele simply based on the lyrical content of her music.
    Though Adele has some fabulous songs and the vocal chops to match
    ultimately she does not sing of things that touch my spirit as deeply as Lauren does.
    The content of Lauren's work is spirit filled and that resonates not only from my speakers
    throughout my room or car, but it also flows like a river throughout my soul.

July 7, 2019 8:05 PM MDT