Shuhak
Teflon Don Denier and Liar
Don Barzini
SpunkySenior
god
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Music » I say Lauren Daigle sounds just like Adele ...."You Say". if she does or don't please....I'll agree or disagree later if I see fit. :)

I say Lauren Daigle sounds just like Adele ...."You Say". if she does or don't please....I'll agree or disagree later if I see fit. :)

:) 

Posted - December 15, 2018

• 7170
    Welby asked about this a few weeks ago. I think she sounds just like Adele. However, back then I approved of it. Now that she’s on mainstream radio, I detest it and change the station when she comes on. It got old fast.
      December 15, 2018 6:44 PM MST
    2

• 10143
    Did her really ask the same question .? ...I heard it on the radio many weeks ago and though it was great.....I thought it was Adele ,yet couldn't find it on ytube at all....Then i heard it again and found out it was called You Say.... by Lauren Dagile and was quite shocked...
    I love it and can't stop singing it...
    I think she has a great voice and love her mannerism as she sings...:)
      December 15, 2018 6:54 PM MST
    3

• 983
    I like her and I think she sounds a lot like Adele. But, as you said, her mannerisms show her the way she is, herself. I believe that if I could not see videos of her, I wouldn't like her as much as I couldn't identify her.
      December 15, 2018 7:20 PM MST
    1

• 10143
    She does look good and she has/had  hair up and looks very very confident....her voice I though was special to..
      December 15, 2018 7:34 PM MST
    1

• 983
    She is very beautiful and I agree her voice is very special.
      December 15, 2018 7:45 PM MST
    1

• 10143
    :)   
      December 15, 2018 8:18 PM MST
    1

• 5528
    You can't fake the real thing. Adele grew up in different conditions. She was perhaps not a stunning beauty in her early years, and suffered some rejection by the fellows. She has recovered nicely. 
      December 15, 2018 8:18 PM MST
    2

• 10143
    I like Adele....she use to live about 5 miles from me ...:)
      December 15, 2018 8:36 PM MST
    1

• 5528
    Tottenheim?
      December 15, 2018 9:28 PM MST
    1

• 10143
    Tottenham.....it use to be a real nasty area if London X five years before I was born.....They had huge race riots there on the BroadWater huge ugly concrete high rise Council cheap housing estate .....It was a no go area for any tradesman and certainly not the Police......In the riots the rioting  mob  decapitated Policeman PC  Blaketon.........its still an ugly evil place yet much qui now....South Tottenham gangs use to fight gang in the bordering Hackney gangs and regularly kill each other....
    So many nasty areas of London still exist...in both north ,south, east and west areas ........places where you should walk alone at night and in the day to sometimes....
      December 16, 2018 1:56 AM MST
    0

• 5528
    Sounds like Detroit. 
      December 16, 2018 7:58 AM MST
    1

• 10143
    Hard to say....I've never been there...don't want to go either now,,,:(
      December 16, 2018 12:00 PM MST
    1

• 22274
    not sure what to say
      December 16, 2018 8:44 AM MST
    1

• Sort of, yes, however IMO she lacks the "soul" that Adele seems to have.   When Adele sings, it sounds like she is singing from her life, and has that kind of gut-wrenching feeling, as if she has experienced exactly what she's singing about.   I don't know about this Daigle person, maybe she sings from her heart, her life as well, I just don't get that impression though.     I am not a big fan of Adele - I know, the shame of it all.   I love her sense of humor in interviews, and I love her voice. I really want to like her music, but it's too depressing and every song sounds almost the same - the same formula.  Great voice, amazing talent,  just not my kind of music.   
      December 16, 2018 8:56 AM MST
    1

• 10143
    I know what you mean...she only sings in one certain way....
      December 16, 2018 12:08 PM MST
    1

• 14180
    Yes, I like Lauren. When I first heard her, I thought Adel had released a Christian song. (I listen to contemporary Christian music almost exclusively)  It does happen on occasion that a mainstream artist will release a faith song but normally it is the Christian singer who will crossover to the mainstream charts.

It took me a bit to realize I was hearing a different singer, lol. I do think people will be harder on her because her voice is so similar to Adel's voice. Claiming she is copying or trying to imitate. But that is the type of voice you cannot fake....you either have it or you do not.
    This post was edited by my2cents at December 16, 2018 12:10 PM MST
      December 16, 2018 9:49 AM MST
    1

• 10143
    That's very true I think...:) 
    I do like Lauren and the way she sings.
      December 16, 2018 12:12 PM MST
    1