Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When in DIRE STRAITS (apologies to the band) wouldn't YOU rather go with an experienced winner than a flashy braggy newbie? Because?

When in DIRE STRAITS (apologies to the band) wouldn't YOU rather go with an experienced winner than a flashy braggy newbie? Because?

Posted - December 16, 2018

Responses

What did the experienced winner win?  Is he a tired old dinosaur?  Or is he a dependable winner.  

If he is an experienced, trustworthy winner, then that is a no-brainer choice.  If he has earned his stripes, so be it.  He is the right choice.  However, these so-called experienced winners are also flawed humans and this newbie, may be a flash-in-the-pan or someone who is progressive and needs to be heard, needs a chance.

I would go with Obama any day rather than John McCain and Sara Palin.  Yes, McCain had marvelous qualities, had loads of experience and a character that could not be matched in most cases.  But, he was an old dinosaur, with old dinosaur beliefs.  Obama, was an untried and progressive leader who I wanted to give a chance to.

Of the two?  It was also a no-brainer.

I want Beta O'Rouke, not some tried and true old school, living in the past, stodgy believer in "The OLD WAYS ARE THE BEST, kind of human."  Life is change and if we don't change, we are condemned to let this planet decay.  Global warming is a threat.  IT is the GREATEST threat we have right now, and anyone who is not focused in joining together to halt and try and reverse this threat, are individuals that are leading us into Armageddon.  Forget the terrorists.  The enemy lies within.  With the big business morons who do not get that money is not going to save the planet.  Greed is not.  

Reform is the only way.  We are eating food that will kill us.  It is a certainty.  Decades ago the cancer rate was 2-5 percent.  Now it is 50 percent.  This is INSANE and we are just accepting it.  Because? We listen to commercials telling us of the latest PILL that has hideous side-effects that will save us this time.  When all the other pills did not.

How about learning about HOW the cancer even started?  Because it is inconvenient to realize that everything in the grocery store, packaged, processed and dead food is the culprit.  

The organic label?  A joke most times, because the soil this food is grown in is rife with chemicals that go from the plant into our bodies.

AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH.

We need to grow our own food.  We need to learn a few steps about composting, and we need to control our own health.  When the demand is great, the businesses that contribute to health for the earth and us will appear.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 17, 2018 3:42 AM MST
      December 16, 2018 7:51 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Sharon. You bring up some excellent points. However I will always take experienced over tyro every time. If everything is fine and dandy and we were not on the precipice of disaster I might agree with thee. You are an employer whose business depends on a production line running smoothly. The automated machines can be VERY COMPLICATED and must be running at their optimum or the the production line breaks down and defective goods are produced. Why? Because you didn't hire the experienced person who KNOWS how to keep the machines running. You took a chance on a splashy inexperienced newbie and disaster followed.  I don't want a newbie pilot flying a plane that loses an engine. I don't want to be the first operation a new surgeon does. I want a surgeon who has done thousands of those operations. "They" are floating Beto O'Rourke as president for 2020. Seriously. SIGH. Desperation is not pretty. Sometimes you gamble bigly. Sometimes you win. More often you lose. I'm not a gambler. :( This post was edited by RosieG at December 17, 2018 3:48 AM MST
      December 17, 2018 3:46 AM MST

In dire straits or not in dire straits, I go with God. Because? Because humans do little or nothing to help where help is really needed. :)
      December 16, 2018 12:36 PM MST

How much help was God on September 11th, during all the recent forest fires in California, all the mass shootings, all the hurricanes tornadoes and other natural disasters?  I'm pretty sure that it was humans who pitched in and assisted.
      December 16, 2018 12:45 PM MST

First off, I was answering the question as it related to me. However, without getting into a lengthy debate, I'll just say this and leave it at that. I don't know if you are an atheist or not but one of the arguments for the non-existence of God is that if God is all-powerful, why doesn’t He stop natural catastrophes or cancer or pain or death… and if He doesn’t, perhaps He’s incapable to stop it, and if so, then He’s not God, but if He is God and can stop it, but chooses not to, then they say, “He is a sadistic God who loves to watch people suffer. Sound familiar?

It seems that we like to blame God for everything that goes wrong in the world, but rarely do we give Him credit for the good. We attack God’s Person for allowing evil and suffering and neglect to give Him thanks for the good things we all take for granted, but we humans aren't off the hook.

Mankind is actually responsible for the suffering (911, California fires, much of the weather problems, mass shootings, etc.) in the world and not God. Since these who ask, “Where was God when…” I ask them, “Since you don’t believe in God, guess what, who’s left to pin the blame on?” Of course, it’s mankind, so they want to slam God for allowing suffering while taking no responsibility for their own part in it. If you do believe in the God of the Bible then you should know better than to ask such things. :)

This post was edited by rusureamisure? at December 16, 2018 1:32 PM MST
      December 16, 2018 1:12 PM MST

:):):)
      December 17, 2018 7:36 AM MST

Dire Straits is one of my favorite bands. I actually went out and bought their album 'Brothers in Arms.'  That lead guitarist, Mark Knopfler, has a collection of 100 guitars, but can only play one at a time. 'Telegraph Road' is the song I like best. Recently, I found out the song is actually written about the Telegraph Road that goes through Toledo and Detroit. I actually cross it every day as part of my route at work. Once again, I have not answered your question. This post was edited by B.H.Wilson at December 18, 2018 10:50 PM MST
      December 16, 2018 9:23 PM MST

Thanks sweetie for acknowledging that you didn't answer the question I asked but what you did say is very valuable information for me. I still win!. So it's OK. Now have you heard of Highland Park, Michigan? My grandfather owned a woodworking shop on WOODWARD Avenue called Paris Woodworks aeons ago. It is long-since gone but I still have memories of what it smelled like inside the shop and to this day I love the smell of wood shavings! Go figger! Thank you for your reply bh and Happy Monday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at December 18, 2018 10:50 PM MST
      December 17, 2018 7:39 AM MST