Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » What is a food that you no longer eat any more because you experienced food poisoning or other sickness from eating it in the past?

What is a food that you no longer eat any more because you experienced food poisoning or other sickness from eating it in the past?

~

Posted - December 18, 2018

Responses

I remember hating pork and beans as a child because I threw up once.

But, that aside, I never was deterred by anything due to being poisoned for a different reason.

December 18, 2018 7:51 AM MST

ive never gotten food poisoning
      December 18, 2018 10:25 AM MST

• H Salt Fish and Chips - such a shame, because that was THEE place to go for good fish and chips.  

Homemade Swedish Meatballs -  I realize it was the meat's fault and not the recipe's, but the association is there never the less.
      December 18, 2018 10:28 AM MST

•                        "APPLE PIE"
      December 18, 2018 2:15 PM MST

What??  Are you allergic to cinnamon?  You are such a family guy, I am sorry you had a bad experience with apple pie.  :(  
      December 18, 2018 2:50 PM MST

• THREE bad experiences!  I didn't give up easily!  I can eat all of the ingredients separately ... just not together. :(
      December 18, 2018 2:53 PM MST

I bet you did.  You are such a nice person, I could see you really trying to be polite and trying stomach it.
    The good news is, there are plenty more pies out there that you might like.
    Big smiles and hugs!! 
      December 18, 2018 2:55 PM MST

• Oh yeah!!  Strawberry rhubarb pie.

December 18, 2018 3:01 PM MST

Quadruple Yum from me!  One of my favorites too that I rarely see these days.  My mom used to make it but hasn't in a while.  Maybe, I'll ask her this year instead of mincemeat. What a great idea! :)
    I'll buy you 4 Strawberry rhubarb pies for Christmas.  This way you can gobble the first and freeze the others to eat at your leisure.  Also, this gives you an out when people try to offer you apple. You can politely say, thank you, I'd love to join for dessert.  Save the apple for others.  I'll be right back. Then, appear with your own Strawberry rhubarb pie!  You have the spirit and can have pie, too! :) :)
      December 18, 2018 3:08 PM MST

I am drooling. Maybe someone put the rhubarb leaves in it.
      December 19, 2018 12:40 PM MST

I am mentally allergic, which makes me physically allergic to liver.  I refuse to eat it.  Thinking of it right now makes my stomach turn.

December 18, 2018 2:53 PM MST

• Join the club!  :))
      December 18, 2018 2:54 PM MST

!
      December 18, 2018 2:59 PM MST

1. Have you ever eaten it?
      December 18, 2018 3:00 PM MST

I can't even tell you the visual you just gave me... There are no emojis to express the face I have at the moment.
    Yes.  Every Wednesday night for dinner while I was growing up.  Liver, onion, peas, and toast.  Ugh!!! 
    Mom's intent was excellent.  It is very high in iron which is good for growing girls, especially.  
    She was just a terrible cook at the time and it was more like liver jerky.  Still, the thought grosses me out.  The only good news is she let us put ketchup on it.
    ICK! ICK! ICK!!! This post was edited by Merlin at December 19, 2018 12:44 PM MST
      December 18, 2018 3:12 PM MST

2. Did you ever get food poisoning from eating liver?
    ~
      December 18, 2018 7:36 PM MST

I'm really doing my best to have her NOT sound like a bad mom.  She is an excellent mom.  The best way to explain this is food was not so much her thing.  I don't know if there were even expiration dates on things back then.  I don't know if liver is supposed to be green before you cook it or not.  I don't even look at it at the meat market. 
    I do know, yes, there were times when I got sick and threw up in the toilet after eating it.  I'm not sure if that is food poisoning or not.  She was an ICU nurse and would never do anything to intentionally hurt us and probably would know if I had food poisoning.  I'm going with my gut (get it? :))feeling and say, Yes.  I was poisoned by the thought of liver.  I was mentally food poisoned.  Yes.  My body did not want to have some other animal's liver in my stomach and intestines to digest.  No.  I was never taken to the hospital because of Wednesday Liver Night. This post was edited by Merlin at December 19, 2018 5:36 PM MST
      December 19, 2018 12:34 PM MST

I haven't had liver since I was a teenager. My mom made it every now and then. I loved it. Neither wife likes it, so I have never made it.
      December 19, 2018 12:42 PM MST

I have great faith you can convince a human to eat anything if you prepare it well and never tell them what it is.
    Another trick is to give it a foreign name.  with a fancy font on the menu, charge a whole lot of money and serve it with a lot of sauces.  A trick the French have done for years.
    I ate snails because of these minor tricks.  I don't even like them in my garden! ;) ;)
      December 19, 2018 1:17 PM MST

Not this human being.  I make my own food.  

I never trust anyone to have my best interests in mind.  They don't care what goes in their body, so they sure as heck don't get why I am so picky.  

I loved snails.  YUM.  But I will never eat any animal ever.  There are vegan substitutes that are so delicious, you never want to eat animal bodies ever again.

Try this, and you will never want to eat poison escargot from a snail again.   Organic Raw Oyster Mushroom Escargot

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 19, 2018 5:52 PM MST
      December 19, 2018 1:29 PM MST

The trail they leave behind themselves in the garden is enough to make me regurgitate in my mouth.  I normally like seafood but I have to have a shot of vodka to chase my oysters.  Now that I think about it, I must not like eating other animals, either.  When I found out about what hamburger really was and saw the cows and then the chicken farms, I was devastated.  You pass them on part of our drive between here and my parent's house.  The cows, too.  It is so sad. :(
    Man, I don't know how you just did this but I think I'll go back to fully being vegetarian.  I was for a long time and lean that way at home.  Since I make the food, Don doesn't have much of a choice. :)  He does bring it up from time to time that we don't eat enough meat.  But, Surprise!!  He is going to eat even less when the new year arrives.  Thank you The IRS wants TRUMPIE :) You inspired me! :) This post was edited by Merlin at December 19, 2018 5:54 PM MST
      December 19, 2018 1:59 PM MST

Well, I have been vegetarian for a long time and thought it was okay to just eat fish because I thought it was healthy.  It is FILLED with poisons.  You don't wanna know.

So, I got very ill by eating only things that are not animal. That was so stupid.  I know better. You don't get to eat white toast and eggs and butter as a regular meal and not pay the price. I ate junk that was not meat.  I know better.  Now I have to pay the price. I was advised to get into the hospital and get my gallbladder removed because they think it is cancer.

I am NOT going into mangled care.  I will do this the way I know works.  

I will eat a clean diet, I will exercise, I will get colonics and do enemas so that I have a clean colon and I will shrink this tumor.  I will.  

I am not going to die.   I would rather do it my way.  I am not letting them pump garbage into my system and hope my hair doesn't fall out. 

So, that is why I am so gung-ho.  I have no choice.  It is this or have them butcher me.  

December 19, 2018 3:10 PM MST

You eat toothpicks?
      December 19, 2018 5:52 PM MST

I'd like to cook some tongue, which mom cooked for us. I could disguise it as something else and she would never know.
      December 19, 2018 5:51 PM MST