Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you believe in miracles? Or are you that dead inside?

Do you believe in miracles? Or are you that dead inside?

Posted - December 19, 2018

Responses

After all the stupid things I have done, it's a miracle I'm not dead.
      December 19, 2018 9:47 AM MST

'Nuff said.  It is also a miracle that you were born in the first place.

December 19, 2018 9:56 AM MST

I don't believe in miracles, but I do believe people can make amazing things happen. Does that make me dead inside? 
      December 19, 2018 11:44 AM MST

i believe in nniracles, i just wish theyd happen nnore often
      December 19, 2018 1:31 PM MST

I pray you see some day soon just how often they DO.

December 19, 2018 1:38 PM MST

"nnore often"??
      January 26, 2019 3:39 PM MST

• Yes I do!  You can't break me, harlot, go ride your beast. :P

*probably another 2 week break xD
      December 19, 2018 4:02 PM MST

• Yes I certainly do:)
      December 19, 2018 4:04 PM MST

I don’t believe the former has anything at all to do with the latter. Miracles persist in the realm of willful naivete, not as a precondition of spirituality. 

“Those who wish to seek out the cause of miracles and to understand the things of nature as philosophers, and not to stare at them in astonishment like fools, are soon considered heretical and impious, and proclaimed as such by those whom the mob adores as interpreters of nature and the gods. For these men know that, once ignorance is put aside, that wonderment would be taken away, which is the only means by which their authority is preserved.“
                    - Baruch De Spinoza

This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 19, 2018 4:54 PM MST
      December 19, 2018 4:29 PM MST

I hope we don't have to go round and round again.  

I am so sorry I was such a jerk about you and your beliefs the last time we spoke about this topic.  I truly do not want to behave like that again.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion.  God blesses you anyway.
      December 19, 2018 6:22 PM MST

Don’t sweat it, Sharonna. I don’t hold grudges, but I appreciate your candor. 

As I’ve posted to you before, I (generally) get you. You’re a bright person, a passionate person. You have strong, coherent opinions, and you articulate them effectively, even when you’re pissed off. One thing you are not is a hypocrite.
    If I didn’t respect that, I wouldn’t bother with responding to you as I do.
    We don’t agree on everything, but that shouldn’t hinder what we might learn from each other. All I ask is you give thought to what I reply.

Peace to you in this holiday season.  
      December 19, 2018 7:44 PM MST

I will.  Always.  I also respect you.  I am really dense if I think I can convince anyone of anything.  That is your discovery and that is your path.  It is just as valid as my path.  That is what I truly believe.  Thanks for your kinds words.
      December 20, 2018 12:29 AM MST

Yes, I sure do believe in miracles. :)
      December 21, 2018 2:53 PM MST

Yes, I witnessed miracles in my life. 
      December 21, 2018 3:15 PM MST

Q "Do you believe in miracles? Or are you that dead inside? "
    ============================================

1. I don't think I'm that dead inside. If I'm then what I'm doing now could be construed as a miracle.

2. Anyone who believes in God must believe in miracles.

3. If an event or happening conforms to the natural laws we know then it's not a miracle. A miracle is something that defies the natural laws that we know so far. It is supernatural. It belongs to the supernatural realm. God is not part of the natural realm. God belongs to the supernatural realm. God is regarded as the ultimate and sole originator and owner of all realms including the natural and supernatural ones. 

January 26, 2019 4:49 PM MST