Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Do you think the homeless have a very cold night for themselves outside in Boston in the winter?

Do you think the homeless have a very cold night for themselves outside in Boston in the winter?

Posted - December 19, 2018

Responses

I think the homeless have a cold night anywhere it is cold and they have no shelter.  Don't you????

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 20, 2018 7:18 PM MST
      December 19, 2018 10:22 PM MST

.... Thinking the same thing :) :)
      December 19, 2018 11:15 PM MST

Ya know?  

I saw a lady in front of a gas station.  She had a blanket and nothing else, sitting on the curb.

I had some soup and cookies at home.  I drove home to pack them up and bring them to her and when I got back, she was gone.  So, thankfully, someone more generous with their time than I was, rescued her.

I just wanted to give her something warm to eat and maybe offer to take her to a shelter.

I hope she's okay.
      December 19, 2018 11:17 PM MST

• anywhere in new england really, our winters suck
      December 19, 2018 11:20 PM MST

• It's true Amber. Winters in New England really blow the big dog! Hibernetting  is what people do here! Merry Xmas Amber!
      December 22, 2018 9:41 AM MST

probably and i wonder why theyre out there instead of in a shelter
      December 20, 2018 9:51 AM MST

Yes, if they are outside, I am sure they had a very cold night.  I wish it was their last.
    I do worry about the homeless in Boston, Cosmic.  I worry about all the people, dogs, cats, horses, goats, cows, chickens, even alligators that are misplaced, cold, and homeless.

If I could, I would house them all, with blankets, clean clothes, including undies and socks, showers and warm baths and healthy food until they were able to help and take care of themselves.

December 20, 2018 9:56 AM MST

Unfortunately, you can only do what you can for the poor bastard that you might come across on the street, given your own financial situation.  When I see a homeless person I always him/her as a possible me, there is a thin line and I could become that person so easily in a change of circumstance. The other day I was watching a TV program where a young rich person was having a birthday cake made for them that contained two pink diamonds worth one million pounds each, and another had a cake made for him that had a watch on the top of it covered in black diamonds also worth one million pounds.  There was a bike maker who sold a gold plated bike to an Arab man for £250,000, and it makes me wonder how these people must have so much money they don't know what to do with it, when there are homeless, and starving people in this world with no clean water? The charities always target the working man who struggles to pay their taxes and bills and yet there are super rich people, say for instance the Rothschild's who could end world hunger, homelessness, and make sure everyone has a clean water supply tomorrow, and yet they do not. I wonder how they live with themselves? Still, clearly the goal is not to end any of these things because there wouldn't be enough people dying and the population would become too great (in the elites opinion). The difference is, I don't think the elite see a homeless person and identify with the fact that it could ever be them, I think they are looked at as a lesser soul. This post was edited by kjames at December 22, 2018 9:48 AM MST
      December 21, 2018 11:52 AM MST