Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Does Jesus love you? How do you know.? Because the bible tells you so?

Does Jesus love you? How do you know.? Because the bible tells you so?

Posted - December 21, 2018

Responses

Yes, he does.

December 21, 2018 5:58 PM MST

Awwww that was precious. 
      December 21, 2018 6:09 PM MST

I thought so too.
      December 21, 2018 6:25 PM MST

December 21, 2018 5:59 PM MST

Reading the Bible is a great way to learn about his love.
      December 21, 2018 6:10 PM MST

Is that why so many Catholic priests sexually abuse children?
      December 21, 2018 6:29 PM MST

Not only them....The head Rabbi where I live did that to his own grand daughter about eight years ago....
    Hampstead Grd Suburbs in North West London....:( 
      December 21, 2018 7:01 PM MST

Stu, "Ouch".
    Someone's been throwing stones at glass houses and forgot he lives in one.
      December 22, 2018 7:44 PM MST

No one spoke about it and I can't remember the outcome of it all now.....Church's are an idea place for perverts to exist......once found out the church just moves them on so they can continue molesting childred elsewhere....all sanctioned by Mr God of course....:(  
      December 22, 2018 8:14 PM MST

If no one spoke about it and some one can't remember the outcome of it all, it becomes a lame discussion.
      December 23, 2018 10:30 AM MST

You can go on line and check it out.....it was eight years ago and everyone in the area wanted to cover it up and not speak about it.....it's a thing where their church wants to cover it up as if it never existed I'm sad to say......Their church is no different to any other....except that it's even more secretive  maybe...
      December 23, 2018 12:16 PM MST

The Catholic Church places a higher trust in its own traditions than it does in Holy Writ. I got that from a priest.  The Bible doesn't matter much to them.

Actually the number of priests that abuse children is a vanishingly small percentage, it's higher among teachers, sports coaches and scoutmasters. Any organization/profession that has unfettered access to large numbers of children will attract a few sickos. It's what the Church DIDN'T do about it that's scandalous.

Christian Brothers, on the other hand ... Women become nuns because the Church won't allow them to be priests. Why would a man choose that path, unless he had an ulterior motive? This post was edited by Slartibartfast at December 23, 2018 1:58 PM MST
      December 22, 2018 8:17 PM MST

• The day is over and you are driving home. You tune in your radio. You hear a short blurb about a little village in India where some villagers have died suddenly and strangely, of a flu that has never been heard of or seen before. It's not really influenza, but three or four fellows are dead, and it's kind of interesting. They are sending some doctors over to investigate it. You don't think too much about it.

Sunday, coming home from church, you hear another radio spot, only they say it is not only three or four villagers, it's 30,000 villagers in the back hills of this particular area of India. It's on TV that night. CNN runs a little blurb; people are heading there from the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta because this disease strain has never been seen before.

By Monday morning you get up, it's the lead story. It's not just India now; it's Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. Before you know it, you're reading this story everywhere and they have it coined as "The Mystery Flu". The President has made some comment that he and everyone are praying and hoping that all will go well over there. But, everyone is wondering to themselves, "How are we going to contain it?"

That's when the President of France makes an announcement that shocks Europe. He is closing their borders. No flights from India, Pakistan, or any of the countries where this thing has been seen.

That night, you are watching a little bit of news before going to bed. Your jaw hits your chest when a weeping woman is translated from a French news program into English: there's a man lying in a hospital in Paris dying of "The Mystery Flu". It has come to Europe. Panic strikes. As best they can tell, once you get it, you have it for a week before any symptoms appear. Then you have four days of unbelievable symptoms. Then you die.

Britain closes it's borders, but it is too late. South Hampton, Liverpool, North Hampton....

It is Tuesday morning when the President of the United States makes the following announcement: "Due to a national security risk, all flights to and from Europe and Asia have been cancelled. If your loved ones are overseas, I'm very sorry, they cannot return to the United States until we find a cure for this thing."

Within four days, our nation has plunged into an unbelievable fear. People are selling little masks for your face. People are talking about what if it comes to this country. And preachers are saying it is the scourge of God.

It is Wednesday night, and you are at a church prayer meeting when somebody runs in from the church parking lot and says, "Turn on the radio! Turn on the radio!" While the church listens to a little transistor radio with a microphone stuck up to it, the announcement is made: "Two women are lying in a Long Island hospital dying from "The Mystery Flu".

Within hours, it seems this thing just sweeps across the country. People are working around the clock to try to find an antidote. Nothing is working. California, Oregon, Arizona, Florida, and Massachusetts. It is as though it's just sweeping in from all the borders.

Then, all of a sudden, the news comes out: "The code has been broken!! A cure can be found! A vaccine can be made! It's going to take the blood of someone who hasn't been infected." And so, all through the Midwest, through all of those channels of emergency broadcasting, everyone is asked to do one simple thing: "Go to your downtown hospital and have your blood type taken. That's all we ask of you. When you hear the sirens go off in your neighborhood, please make your way quickly, quietly, and safely to your hospitals."

Sure enough, when you and your family get down there late on that Friday night, there is a long line. They've got nurses and doctors coming out and pricking fingers, taking blood and putting labels on it. Your wife and your kids are there, and they take your blood type and say, "Wait here in the parking lot and if we call your name, you can be dismissed and go home." You stand around, scared with all your neighbors, wondering what in the world is going on, and that it may well be the end of the world.

Suddenly, a young man comes running out of the hospital screaming. He is yelling a name and waving a clipboard. "What?" He yells it again! And your son tugs on your jacket and says, "Daddy, that's me!" Before you know it, they have grabbed your boy! "Wait a minute, hold it!" And they say, "It's okay. His blood is clean! His blood is pure. We want to make sure he doesn't have the disease. We think he has got the right blood type!"

Five tense and long minutes later, out come the doctors and nurses, crying and hugging each other. Some are even laughing. It's the first time you have seen anybody laugh all week. An old doctor walks up to you and says, "Thank you, sir. Your son's blood type is perfect. It's clean, it's pure... We can make the vaccine."

As word begins to spread all across the parking lot full of folks, people are screaming, praying, laughing and crying. But then the gray-haired doctor pulls you and your wife aside and says, "May we see you for a moment? We didn't realize the donor would be a minor and we need... we need you to sign a consent form." You begin to sign and then you see the number of pints of blood to be taken is empty. "H-h-h-how many pints of his blood do you need?" And that is when the old doctor's smile fades and he says, "We had no idea the donor would be a little child. We weren't prepared. WE NEED IT ALL!"

"But - but..." "You don't understand. We are talking about the end of the world here! Please sign. We - we need it all - we need it all!" "You can't give him a transfusion?", we asked. "If we had clean blood, we would. Can you sign? Would you sign?"

In numb silence, you do. Then they say, "Would you like a moment to be with your son before we begin?" Can you walk back? Can you walk back to that room where he sits on the table asking, "Daddy? Mommy? What's going on?" Can you take his little hands in your's and say, "Son, your mommy and I love you, and we would never let anything happen to you that didn't just have to be. Do you understand that?" And, when the doctor comes back in and says, "I'm sorry, but we - we've got to get started. People all over the world are dying." Can you leave him? Can you walk out while he's saying, "Dad? Mom? Dad? Why are you leaving me here?"

The next week when they have the ceremony to honor your son, and some folks sleep through it, and some folks don't even come because they go to the lake, and some folks come with a pretentious smile and just pretend to care. Would you want to jump up and say, "MY SON DIED SO WE COULD LIVE!! DON'T YOU CARE?"

December 21, 2018 6:41 PM MST

That's quite the implausible, mythical story.
      December 21, 2018 6:52 PM MST

• Merry buttmas to you, too. :P
      December 21, 2018 6:53 PM MST

Huh? What's up with the hostility?
      December 21, 2018 7:39 PM MST

• Just spreading my brotherly love.  I hate my brothers. :P
      December 21, 2018 7:56 PM MST

I'm confused haha
    Where does Jesus fit into all of that?
      December 21, 2018 7:52 PM MST

• I think He's supposed to be represented by the little boy donor.
      December 21, 2018 7:57 PM MST

It's one book I've never ever read and it's highly unlikely I ever will thank God.....:(
      December 21, 2018 7:06 PM MST

hahaha
    I know you ask this question as a silly,
    but wouldja believe I have been with Jesus?
    had a conversation with Him, and His love is radiant.
    Not on this plane of course, but astrally speaking.
       Yes I could feel and see His love, but He is
    sharp in his critique of those that open their 
    hearts to Him. I won't tell you what He said, 
    But He spoke directly to my attachments
    that were keeping me in prison...LOL...but true.
        Great learning experience for me. Most fantastic
    experience ever, but I blew it...because I couldn't
    let go of the attachment to the illusion 
    when He appeared. And He did not come alone,
    many came with him...and I blew it,
    and He told me exactly what He thought.
       I lie not to you, sharing from my heart.
    Only once have I seen Him
    but That experience taught me well
    about how our attachments keep us
    locked into the illusion.  

December 21, 2018 7:43 PM MST

I have no reason to disbelieve you.
      December 23, 2018 2:00 PM MST

If he did love then he should kill me because 'the dead are happier than the living' -Ecclesiastes 4:2,3 NIV. 
      December 21, 2018 9:19 PM MST

Word is, he loves me if I keep his commandments. (John 15:9)
    But since I do not abide Christian beliefs, that may be in question. I don’t hate Jesus, I just don’t swallow the accompanying mythology. 

The Bible says a lot of things: it requires believers to stone non-believers, to kill disobedient children and forbids the wear of mixed fabrics. A man living in a whale. God drowning millions. Virgin birth. Pillars of salt. Plants created before the sun.
    Since none of that resonates as truthful with me, it then becomes implausible to single out what the book claims about love as true. 
      December 21, 2018 10:46 PM MST