Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Does Jesus love you? How do you know.? Because the bible tells you so?

Does Jesus love you? How do you know.? Because the bible tells you so?

Posted - December 21, 2018

Responses

• I do ponder the sudden change of personality(ies) from OT to NT.  From death & destruction in the OT to "here, just slap the shet out of me" in the NT.  xD
      December 22, 2018 9:24 AM MST

WTF...it was a silly question..........
      December 21, 2018 10:52 PM MST

And I would argue that Christianity is a silly religion.
      December 22, 2018 4:00 AM MST

I THINK what either of you actually know about Christianity could fill the head of a pin.  
      December 22, 2018 4:17 AM MST

I know that it's built on a foundation of the physically impossible myths of immaculate conception and resurrection, such that it is a silly religion IMO. And I also know that the Catholic Church has tolerated too many pervy priests for too long for me to take it seriously.
      December 22, 2018 8:20 AM MST

Wise words indeed.....:) 
      December 22, 2018 8:16 PM MST

I guess that means you know everything about it. What I know about myself would fit on the point of the pin.
      December 22, 2018 11:24 AM MST

This just goes to show no one on this question has a passing acquaintance with Jesus or the Bible.

Christ Consciousness is the primordial love that envelops every thing.  

Without it?  We don't exist.  Jesus was on earth to explain it to people.  We are all God.  It is part and parcel of our soul.  Those who mock this idea are like children playing with an idea they can never hope to understand because the puny ego gets in the way of the fact that Jesus was here to teach the fact that we are ALL GOD.

What He did, we all can do and more.  The children on this site think that they can explain away Jesus. There is no proof that He lived.  ?  Oh, really.  I suppose that there is no proof that all the Avatars who ever walked the earth, did no miracles and did not live either?  Shutting out Jesus, does little to hide the Truth.  What if he didn't live?  What about the rest of them?  The miracles that are performed, sometimes on a daily basis, are all wiped out in the minds of the small-minded.  

They are all out there for eyes that can, to see.

Here is but a couple.  There are at least a dozen of them walking the Earth right now as we speak.  I don't know why I bother.  No one can even comprehend what I am talking about.

Vyasa

Vyasa was another great Avatar who brought to humanity the message that death is not the end. The impact of such an apparently simple concept was enormous, since it meant that the possibility now existed for identification with a higher immortal self rather than with the physical-plane life only.

The Buddha

There were many other lesser teachers between the time of Vyasa and the Buddha, but the Buddha was a major teacher who came to the East bringing enlightenment, the answers to the many questions which plague and puzzle humanity about its own existence. He came "to lay the foundation for a more enlightened approach to life, giving the teaching which would open the door to the work of the Christ who would, He knew, follow in His steps." (Alice Bailey, The Reappearance of the Christ)

By giving out the Four Noble Truths, He answered man's question: why? He taught that man's suffering was of his own making, and that the focusing of desire on the material and the ephemeral caused all despair, hatred and competition, and was why "man found himself living in the realm of death -- the realm of physical living . . . " His life, example and teachings prepared the way for the Christ. Coming approximately 500 years before the Christ, the Buddha was a manifestation of the Wisdom aspect of God, just as the Christ is the embodiment of the Love aspect. These two great Avatars continue to work together, the Buddha aiding and supporting Maitreya, the Christ, in His present mission to the world.

It is interesting to note that He who is known as the Buddha worked through His disciple, the Prince Gautama, in a way similar to that in which Maitreya, holder of the office of the Christ, overshadowed the disciple Jesus, who acted as His vehicle in Palestine. The Master Djwhal Khul says (in The Reappearance of the Christ) that, around about the time of the Christ's return, the Buddha will send two trained disciples to reform Buddhism -- this at a time when the Master Jesus will be taking certain initial steps towards reassuming control of His church. Buddhism, along with other religions, awaits the coming of another great teacher. He is known as Maitreya Buddha, the Fifth Buddha in the continuing line of divine revelation.

Krishna and Sankaracharya

Sri Krishna and Sankaracharya, two great Avatars, were both previous incarnations of Maitreya. Krishna appeared around 3000 BC, and Sankaracharya lived in about 800 BC. Sankaracharya gave "deep instruction upon the nature of the Self," while Sri Krishna, by demonstrating the need to control the astral, emotional nature, opened the door to the second initiation. In Palestine, working through the disciple Jesus, Maitreya the Christ completed the work of the Buddha by manifesting the Love aspect of deity.

A comparison of all religions shows their common elements. "Eventually a new world religion will be inaugurated which will be a fusion and synthesis of the approaches of East and West. The Christ will bring together not simply Christianity and Buddhism, but the concept of God transcendent, outside His creation, and also the concept of God immanent in all creation." Both approaches will come together in a new religion based on the Mysteries of Initiation and an informed knowledge of the Science of Invocation of Deity.

Gautama Foresaw the coming of Maitreya

"Now in those days, brethren, there shall arise in the world an Exalted One by name Maitreya (the Kindly One) an Arhat, a Fully Enlightened One, endowed with wisdom and righteousness, a Happy One, a World-knower, the Peerless Charioteer of men to be tamed, a teacher of the devas and mankind, an Exalted One, a Buddha like myself. He of His own abnormal powers shall realize and make known the world, and the worlds of the devas, with their Maras, their Brahmas, the host of recluses and brahmins, of devas and mankind alike, even as I do now. He shall proclaim the Norm, lovely in its beginning, lovely in its middle, and lovely in the end thereof. He shall make known the wholly perfect life of righteousness in all its purity, both in the spirit and in the letter of it, even as I do now. He shall lead an Order of Brethren numbering many thousands, even as I do now lead an order of Brethren numbering many hundreds." (Gautama the Buddha in DIGHA NIKAYA)

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 22, 2018 4:11 AM MST
      December 22, 2018 4:08 AM MST

That is quite an elaborate belief you hold. There are some inconsistencies with tying the storylines all together (like Buddha never advocated supernatural deities, and that Christian dogma unambiguously renounces all the other faiths, but we’ll just leave it at that).
    What’s important is that you’re satisfied that you’re right, and that is what makes faith such a powerful force, whatever the specifics of the beliefs. Just know there are many millions of fellow Christians who disagree with your interpretation. We are poorly served to imagine that people won’t kill, fight or die for whatever narratives they claim to believe. 

As an aside, I don’t see anywhere on this thread anyone claiming Jesus didn’t exist. Would HE approve of your coarse manner toward other opinions?
    Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
    Proverbs 16:18. 

I do agree that even a cursory examination of all religions reveals many commonalities, a pattern of one evolving its precepts from another, extending known realities to planes of credulity, to serve the ideals of those who raise them. Such is the case in every mythology.

December 22, 2018 6:51 AM MST

I fear that this sounds like New Age Theosophy to me from occultists Madam Blavatsky and Alice Bailey, theo - god sophy - from Sophia which is Gnostic.  The Lucis Trust site speaks about all this, and the seven solar angels including Maitreya Christ world teacher. Spirit science also promotes this. Saying that you are God sounds the same as what the serpent told Eve which resulted in a spiritual fall into the flesh, and a disconnection with God.

The Gospel of John speaks about Jesus as the Word, and that we can be born of God not of the flesh, making us Sons of God, but not God.  Doing away with the ego, or the wants of the flesh, to leave one open to union with God.

John 1 :14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do (the law is that of Moses and the OT), in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

2 Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
    Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

John 1: 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

1 Cor 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
      December 22, 2018 12:31 PM MST

I don't know. Seems like us Jews and other non-Christians do quite nicely without your "Christ Consciousness."
      December 22, 2018 8:41 PM MST

Yes, yes. 
      December 22, 2018 6:10 AM MST

Nice touch...Whitney.
      December 22, 2018 10:18 AM MST

I don't get the connection. I guess I'll go back under my rock.
      December 22, 2018 11:20 AM MST

December 22, 2018 11:37 AM MST

OK...thanks.
      December 22, 2018 11:39 AM MST

Lol!!  I asked for a bike for Christmas and all I got was a menstrual cycle.

December 22, 2018 1:03 PM MST

That's bloody amazing...I hope deride was was exceptable .....:) 
      December 22, 2018 8:20 PM MST

I hope you dont get Stoned then....:( 
      December 22, 2018 8:07 PM MST

yes and because the bible tells nne so
      December 22, 2018 1:23 PM MST

He told me so Himself. Mystical experience. I don't expect anyone to believe me, it was entirely subjective, but I know what happened to me personally.
      December 22, 2018 8:22 PM MST

I actually believe you.
      December 23, 2018 1:06 PM MST