Sharon Marie Therese Veronica
officegirl
god
Don Barzini
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If God does not answer prayers should the religious powers-that-be shut down the churches?

If God does not answer prayers should the religious powers-that-be shut down the churches?

Or a partial shutdown..  You pray for peace but chaos,  corruption and war still haplens; you pray for health and healing but sickness and death still happens; you pray for wealth but unemployment happens.
But at least when you pray for atheists you always get atheists. 

Posted - December 24, 2018

• 6499
    I think when Christians pray for atheists they mean they would like the Holy Spirit to open the atheists  hearts to the presence of the Lord and become Christian but i've never heard of that happening.  All they ever get is more atheists 
    0

• 5086
    Start here with the this link; then find the atheists that became Catholic priests by searching with Google.

https://www.wordonfire.org/resources/blog/why-atheists-change-their-mind-8-common-factors/4729/

This post was edited by tom jackson at January 27, 2019 10:09 PM MST
    0

• 6499
    The article concludes with "therefore there must be a God" -lacking evidence to say "there IS a God"

I have experienced some sorts of 'miracles' at various times during my lifetime -last time was 3 years ago when I started having chest pain.  MRI scan found no cause for chest pain but did detect a 1st stage cancer in my lung -removed and am still cancer free. Chest pain determined to be muscle cramp. Besides various 'miracles' I lived with a ghost in a room I rented one time. Landlady said ghost began its existence after a guy committed suicide in the room. In the place where I live now stuff  (small items) have totally disappeared and on one occasion reappeared right in plain sight. Mysterious. 
    I can believe in some sort of force(s) in existence but not convinced of a God or gods. I would be dishonest to say "I believe in God".

This post was edited by Kittigate at January 28, 2019 7:20 AM MST
    0

• 5086
    The point of giving you the link was to point out that your comment that "all they ever get was more atheists" was patently untrue.

February 4, 2019 1:07 PM MST
    1

• 6499
    Ok and when you pray for rain and get rain is also untrue. 

February 4, 2019 4:14 PM MST
    0

• 5086
    Please paste a comment that is properly punctuated so that I have at least some idea of what you are trying to say. 
      February 4, 2019 8:48 PM MST
    0

• 6499
    When God in his great wisdom does not answer prayers he should give an explanation why instead of keeping us in the dark and thinking 'the Lord works in mysterious ways' or something. 'Course that is if he even does exist at all
    Nobody likes being left in the dark and confused. This post was edited by Kittigate at February 5, 2019 3:53 AM MST
      February 4, 2019 9:29 PM MST
    0

• 5040
    But God is the only religious power. 
    1